July 2013 - Libya Special Weapons News
- Libya Parliament appoints new army chief of staff PressTV 31 Jul 2013 -- Libyan Parliament has appointed Colonel Abdul Salam Jad Allah al-Salheen as the new military chief of staff in the North African country.
- UN urges greater efforts to tackle Libya challenges UN News Centre 30 Jul 2013 -- The United Nations mission in Libya strongly condemned the recent violence in the country.
- Libya Prime Minister Pledges New Government Amid Turmoil VOA 29 Jul 2013 -- Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan is promising to re-organize his government following days of chaos in Benghazi.
- Libya prime minister to reshuffle cabinet amid political crisis PressTV 29 Jul 2013 -- Libyan Prime Minister Ali Zeidan has announced plans to reshuffle his government in the coming days amid the country’s political crisis.
- Libya must hand over Gaddafi's son, ICC rules Iran Press TV 18 Jul 2013 -- The International Criminal Court (ICC) has ruled that Libya must extradite Saif al-Islam Gaddafi, the son of slain Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi, to The Hague so he can face charges of crimes against humanity.
- Libyan Armed Forces to be trained in UK UK MOD 09 Jul 2013 -- The Foreign Secretary has confirmed that up to 2,000 personnel from the Libyan Armed Forces are to be trained in the UK.
- Armed men attack Libya Interior Ministry PressTV 03 Jul 2013 -- A group of armed men have attacked Libya’s Interior Ministry in the capital, Tripoli, forcing the closure of the building.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|