August 2012 - Libya Special Weapons News
- UNESCO calls for immediate stop to destruction of Sufi religious sites in Libya UN News Centre 28 Aug 2012 -- The head of the United Nations agency tasked with safeguarding the world’s cultural heritage spoke out against the destruction of various Sufi religious sites in Libya.
- Gaddafi’s Son to Stand Libyan Trial in September RIA Novosti 24 Aug 2012 -- Saif al-Islam, the second son of Libya’s late leader Muammar Gaddafi, will go on trial in September in the Libyan town of Zintan.
- Libyan Assembly Elects Gadhafi Opponent as President VOA 10 Aug 2012 -- Libya's new national assembly has elected former opposition leader Mohammed el-Megarif as its president.
- Secretary Clinton Statement on Seating of the Libyan General National Congress US Dept. of State 09 Aug 2012
- UN welcomes Libya’s transfer of power UN News Centre 09 Aug 2012 -- The United Nations welcomed Libya’s peaceful transfer of authority from the National Transitional Council to the newly elected National Congress.
- Libyan Transitional Council Hands Power To New Assembly RFE/RL 09 Aug 2012 -- Libya's ruling council has handed power to a newly elected national assembly -- the country's first peaceful transition of power in modern history.
- Libya’s Ruling Council Passes Reins to New Assembly RIA Novosti 09 Aug 2012 -- Libya’s National Transitional Council has handed over power in the country to a newly elected congress in a symbolic ceremony marking the first peaceful transition of power in Libya in more than 40 years.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|