2007 Libya Special Weapons News
- Gadhafi Wraps Up Visit to France VOA 15 Dec 2007 -- Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi wrapped up a visit to France Saturday that fulfilled all expectations of sparking controversy
- Libyan Leader's Visit to France Brings Storm of Protest VOA 10 Dec 2007 -- Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi arrives in Paris Monday for a five-day visit that has already generated a storm of protest from those who have not forgotten Libya's reputation as a supporter of terrorism
- Libya's Qadhafi Signs Deals on Controversial Trip to France VOA 10 Dec 2007 -- France and Libya Monday signed contracts worth billions of dollars during the first day of a controversial visit to Paris by Libyan leader Moammar Qadhafi
- Gaddafi goes shopping for arms in France RIA Novosti 10 Dec 2007 -- Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi started a five-day official visit to France on Monday, a spokesman for the Elysee Palace said.
- Qaddafi's Son Admits Libya Tortured Foreign Medics RFE/RL 09 Aug 2007 -- In a surprise admission, the son of Libyan leader Muammar Qaddafi has acknowledged that five Bulgarian nurses and a Palestinian doctor, who were recently released after eight years in prison in Libya, were tortured.
- EADS specifies the status of its discussions with Libya EADS 03 Aug 2007 -- EADS specifies the status of its discussions with Libya following media reports concerning defence contracts signed between the two parties
- France Confirms Agreement to Sell Arms to Libya VOA 03 Aug 2007 -- France and Libya have agreed to their first arms deal since the European Union lifted an arms embargo on Libya in 2004
- Libya-U.S. Relations Proceeding on Positive Trajectory Washington File 26 Jul 2007 -- Bilateral relations between Libya and the United States have improved to the point that the United States has appointed its first ambassador to Tripoli since 1972 and Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice could become the first secretary of state to visit Libya since the Eisenhower administration.
- Libya: France Overlooks Tripoli's Past 'Rogue' Status In Nuclear Aid Offer RFE/RL 26 Jul 2007 -- French President Nicolas Sarkozy's visit to Tripoli on July 25 produced a number of economic agreements
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|