2007 Kazakhstan Special Weapons News
- Japanese firms, Kazakhstan prepare uranium production from 2010 RIA Novosti 26 Dec 2007 -- Japanese companies are set for cooperation with the Kazakh government to launch nuclear fuel production in Kazakhstan in 2010, the Japanese economics ministry said on Wednesday.
- Russian, Kazakh leaders pledge to continue nuclear cooperation RIA Novosti 20 Dec 2007 -- President Vladimir Putin said on Thursday that Russia and Kazakhstan had pledged to carry on cooperating in the peaceful use of nuclear power.
- Kazakhstan: President Nazarbaev Dismisses Another Son-In-Law RFE/RL 29 Aug 2007 -- Kazakh President Nursultan Nazarbaev has made a number of senior-level personnel changes this week.
- Kazakhstan: Opposition Left To 'Find Whatever Space Is Possible' RFE/RL 22 Aug 2007 -- Experts say the August 18 elections that created a one-party parliament in Kazakhstan could affect Astana's bid to chair the OSCE in 2009 and harm the country's image as a Central Asian leader
- Russia, Kazakhstan Agree Uranium-Enrichment Center RFE/RL 10 May 2007 -- Moscow and Astana are to set up the world's first international uranium-enrichment center.
- Russia, Kazakhstan sign deal on uranium enrichment center RIA Novosti 10 May 2007 -- Russian President Vladimir Putin's visit to Kazakhstan has produced a bilateral agreement to set up an international uranium enrichment center in East Siberia.
- Kazakh army to adopt high-precision weapons - defense minister RIA Novosti 20 Mar 2007 -- Kazakhstan plans to upgrade its Armed Forces with modern high-precision weapons in the near future, the defense minister said Tuesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|