September 2015 - Japan Special Weapons News
- Two Japanese men held in China on spying charges: Reports Press TV 30 Sep 2015 -- Newly released reports say two Japanese men have been detained in China on charges of spying and have been held in custody for several months.
- U.S., Japan Sign Environmental Clarification of Status of Forces Agreement AFPS 28 Sep 2015 -- Defense Secretary Ash Carter and Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida signed a clarification today on environmental stewardship related to U.S. forces in Japan.
- Remarks by Secretary Carter and Minister Kishida at a Signing Ceremony at the Pentagon DoD 28 Sep 2015 -- Secretary of Defense Ash Carter and Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida
- S.Korea can rejects U.S. call for Japan troops intervention in emergency situations: defense minister People's Daily 21 Sep 2015 -- South Korean Defense Minister Han Min-koo said Monday that his country can reject U.S. call for the entrance of Japan's Self-Defense Forces into the Korean Peninsula in emergency situations, Yonhap News Agency reported.
- Japan's new security bills against trend of the times: defense ministry People's Daily 19 Sep 2015 -- Japan's new security laws run counter to the trend of the times that upholds peace, development and cooperation, the Ministry of National Defense (MOD) said on Saturday.
- Tokyo protests against airspace violation by 'Russian' jet Press TV 16 Sep 2015 -- Japan has lodged a protest against Russia after Tokyo dispatched four warplanes to intercept an intruding airplane -- believed to be Russian -- which violated the Southeast Asian country's airspace for a short time.
- Okinawa governor to cancel approval for relocation of US base Press TV 14 Sep 2015 -- The governor of the southern Japanese island of Okinawa says he will cancel approval needed for work to relocate a contentious US air base from one area there to another.
- Japan "being ridiculous" in V-Day parade complaints Xinhua 07 Sep 2015 -- China's Foreign Ministry spokesperson on Monday urged Japan "to stop being ridiculous" over its complaints about UN Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon attending last week's World War II commemorative events in Beijing.
- Tokyo lifts evacuation order for radiation-hit town of Naraha Press TV 06 Sep 2015 -- Japan has lifted an evacuation order for the northeastern town of Naraha that has been in place since the 2011 Fukushima nuclear disaster.
- S. Korean President Uses China Trip for Diplomacy VOA 03 Sep 2015 -- South Korea, China and Japan Thursday announced plans to hold a trilateral meeting in October or November, in what could be a diplomatic breakthrough following months of tension.
- China's Xi Slams Japanese Invaders on Eve of Huge WWII Parade Sputnik 02 Sep 2015 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping on Wednesday said the Japanese who invaded China during World War II acted like barbarians who tried to slaughter the people into surrender.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|