Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2014 - Japan Special Weapons News
- Chinese spokesman urges Japan to abide by four-point agreement People's Daily 27 Nov 2014 -- A Chinese defense ministry spokesman on Thursday urged Japan to abide by a four-point principled agreement reached recently between the two countries.
- China criticizes Japan playing up South China Sea ADIZ People's Daily 27 Nov 2014 -- The China Air Defense Identification Zone, which was launched over the East China Sea last year, has ensured safety and stability, the Defense Ministry said Thursday.
- Japan should observe its commitment People's Daily 23 Nov 2014 -- Japan should observe its commitment as made in the four-point agreement that the two countries reached recently, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hong Lei said here Saturday.
- Japan's Okinawa Elects Governor Opposed to US Air Base VOA 16 Nov 2014 -- Residents of Japan's Okinawa on Sunday elected a governor opposed to relocating a controversial air base, home to a bulk of the U.S. military forces in the country, local news media reported.
- Spokesman: Four-point agreement crucial for improving China-Japan relations People's Daily 14 Nov 2014 -- The four-point agreement between China and Japan is an important condition for improving relations between the two countries, Chinese Foreign Ministry Spokesman Hong Lei said Friday.
- S. Korea to hold drill in islets disputed with Japan: Seoul People's Daily 14 Nov 2014 -- South Korea's military will conduct an annual military drill in islets disputed with Japan on Nov. 24, Seoul's defense ministry said on Friday.
- Rights and wrongs crystal clear: Xi to Abe People's Daily 11 Nov 2014 -- Chinese President Xi Jinping and Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe on Monday held their first meeting since taking office, with Xi saying that the rights and wrongs of the last two years of tense Sino-Japanese ties were 'crystal clear.'
- Japan Refuses to Acknowledge Territorial Dispute with China: Tokyo Sputnik 11 Nov 2014 -- Japan does not recognize the existence of a territorial dispute over the Senkaku Islands with China, Japanese Foreign Minister Fumio Kishida confirmed on Tuesday.
- China, Japan agreement 'major step' in relations: Chinese FM People's Daily 09 Nov 2014 -- The four-point principled agreement reached Friday between China and Japan is 'a major step' toward the improvement of bilateral relations, Chinese Foreign Minister Wang Yi said Saturday.
- China, Japan acknowledge differences, agree to resume dialogue People's Daily 07 Nov 2014 -- China and Japan agreed Friday to gradually resume political, diplomatic and security dialogue while acknowledging different positions on the Diaoyu Islands.
- China, Japan Agree to Expand Dialogue VOA 07 Nov 2014 -- China and Japan have agreed to ramp up dialogue, a move that could represent a breakthrough in long-frosty ties between the world's second- and third-largest economies.
- Russia to hold joint drills with Japan, India: Official Iran Press TV 07 Nov 2014 -- The Russian Defense Ministry says it is examining plans to conduct joint military exercises with India and Japan in 2015.
- Japan Restarts Kagoshima Nuclear Plant Amid Public Debate RIA Novosti 07 Nov 2014 -- The government of Japan's Kagoshima prefecture has finalized the approval for the restart of two reactors at Sendai atomic power station Friday, which is the first nuclear plant relaunch since the 2011 Fukushima incident.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list