Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2014 - Japan Special Weapons News
- Senior Chinese military official warns against Japanese militarism People's Daily 23 Jun 2014 -- A senior Chinese military official said on Sunday that all peace-loving people should keep alert about Japan's further inclination toward a wrong and dangerous path and the revival of its militarism.
- PLA official rips Tokyo's 'historical distortions' People's Daily 23 Jun 2014 -- Japan's latest historical revisionist move is fueling the tension above the East China Sea, making a political settlement more unlikely, senior officials and experts warned on Sunday.
- Japan Exhibits Weapons for First Time since Lifting of Ban RIA Novosti 17 Jun 2014 -- For the first time since Tokyo has been permitted to export arms, Japanese military technology is being presented at the Eurosatory 2014 international exhibition, NHK, Japan Broadcasting Corporation, reported.
- Japan Warns N. Korea Against Military Provocation VOA 16 Jun 2014 -- A high-level Japanese government official says a military provocation by North Korea, especially after the recent agreement between Toyko and Pyongyang on the issue of abducted Japanese citizens, would be 'suicide.'
- China urges Japan to stop provocations after jet encounter People's Daily 13 Jun 2014 -- China on Friday urged Japan to stop provocative actions and words after a close encounter between Chinese and Japanese military planes over the East China Sea.
- Japan summons China envoy over 'dangerous' flights Iran Press TV 12 Jun 2014 -- Japan has summoned China's ambassador to complain about two Chinese fighter jets flying "dangerously" close to Japanese surveillance planes in the East China Sea.
- Japan Summons China Ambassador Over Plane Incident VOA 12 Jun 2014 -- Japan has summoned China's ambassador in Tokyo to protest an incident in which two Chinese fighter jets flew 'dangerously close' to a pair of Japanese surveillance planes in the East China Sea.
- Japan accuses China of conducting dangerous flights Iran Press TV 11 Jun 2014 -- Tokyo has lodged a diplomatic complaint with China, accusing Beijing of flying its fighter jets "dangerously" close to Japanese military planes.
- Japan underreports 640 kg unused plutonium to IAEA People's Daily 08 Jun 2014 -- The Japanese government has not declared about 640 kg of unused plutonium in its annual report for the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in 2012 and 2013, an amount enough to make 80 nuclear bombs, local media reported Saturday.
- Japan fails to report 640kg of unused plutonium to IAEA Iran Press TV 08 Jun 2014 -- Japan has failed to mention 640 kilograms of unused plutonium in its reports to the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) in 2012 and 2013.
- Japan makes list of abductees allegedly held as hostages by N Korea VoR 08 Jun 2014 -- Japan has made a list of some 470 citizens who are believed to have been abducted by the North Korean security services and filed it to Pyongyang, Japan's Kyodo News Agency reported Sunday, citing Japan's Chief Cabinet Secretary Yoshihide Suga.
- Abe, Hagel's accusations rejected People's Daily 02 Jun 2014 -- Wang Guanzhong, the highest ranking military official in the Chinese delegation at an Asia-Pacific security forum, started his speech on Sunday by highlighting the common aspiration for a utopia with the same name as the event: Shangri-La.
- Joint Statement from U.S.-ROK-Japan Defense Ministers Meeting DoD 01 Jun 2014 -- U.S. Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, Republic of Korea (ROK) Minister of National Defense Kim Kwan-jin, and Japanese Defense Minister Itsunori Onodera, held trilateral defense ministerial talks in Singapore May 31 on the margins of the Shangri-La Dialogue to discuss North Korea and the regional security situation.
- China Calls Japan, US Comments on Disputed Areas 'Provocative' VOA 01 Jun 2014 -- A senior Chinese general has lashed out at the U.S. and Japan for criticizing Beijing's activities in disputed areas of the South China Sea, calling the comments 'provocative.'
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list