Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
2002 Japan Special Weapons News
- NORTH KOREA / JAPAN VOA 17 Nov 2002 -- Japan is maintaining a hard line on the issue of Japanese citizens North Korea abducted decades ago, despite new threats that Pyongyang may resume its missile tests
- JAPAN / NUCLEAR POWER VOA 12 Nov 2002-- In Japan, a public debate is raging over the safety of nuclear power
- JAPAN / NUCLEAR LEAK VOA 03 Sep 2002-- As the president of Japan's largest power utility prepares to step down to take responsibility for a scandal, there is more bad news for Tokyo Electric Power. The company says one of its nuclear reactors has been shut down because of a fuel leak.
- Nippon Avionics Co. Ltd. Delivers its First Japanese Built Lockheed Martin Q-70 Lockheed Martin 12 Jul 2002 -- Nippon Avionics Co. Ltd. (Avio) delivered its first Lockheed Martin Q-70 variant workstation to the Japan Defense Agency at a ceremony July 2, 2002 in Yokohama, Japan. This delivery of an Anti Submarine Warfare JQ-70 represents the growing partnership between Lockheed Martin and Japan.
- Country Nuclear Power Profiles [IAEA] It responded to a need for a database and a technical document containing a description of the energy and economic situation, the energy and the electricity sector and the primary organizations involved in nuclear power in IAEA Member States. This is the fourth edition of the Country Nuclear Power Profiles, issued on CD-ROM only. It updates the country information, in general, to the end of 2001.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list