Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
2006 Israel Special Weapons News
- Israel tries to cover up scandal of Olmert's nuke arms admission IRNA 23 Dec 2006 -- Israel has stepped up activities to cover up the scandal of admitting its stockpiles of nuclear arms by its ringleader Ehud Olmert after two decades.
- IAEA says Israel's nuclear status none of its concern RIA Novosti 13 Dec 2006 -- The UN nuclear watchdog said Wednesday it will not respond to Prime Minister Ehud Olmert's remark implying that Israel has nuclear weapons, something the Jewish state has never officially admitted.
- Olmert Comments Set Off Firestorm of Criticism in Israel VOA 12 Dec 2006 -- Comments by Israel's prime minister that apparently imply the Jewish state has nuclear weapons have set off a firestorm of criticism in Israel.
- Israel Denies Policy Change After Olmert Nuclear Arms Hint RFE/RL 12 Dec 2006 -- Israeli officials are denying any change in policy after comments by Prime Minister Ehud Olmert in which he appears to admit that Israel has nuclear weapons.
- Britain admits Tel Aviv's nuclear arsenal "widely assumed" IRNA 08 Nov 2006 -- The British government has suggested that the reason it has not made an issue of Israeli illegal nuclear arsenal is because Tel Aviv has yet to confirm possessing
- FM Spokesman regrets disapproval of IAEA resolution on Zionist regime's nuclear threats IRNA 24 Sep 2006 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Mohammad-Ali Hosseini here Sunday regretted the disapproval of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) resolution on the Zionist regime's nuclear threats.
- 50th IAEA meeting ends with resolution expressing concern over Israel's N-arsenal IRNA 23 Sep 2006 -- Nuclear experts and representatives of 140 world countries approved a resolution Friday evening sending a serious message to the Zionist regime regarding the world community's concerns over its nuclear arsenal which constitutes a stumbling block to global aspirations to establish a Middle East free of nuclear weapons.
- Berlin confirms sale of two submarines to Israel IRNA 24 Aug 2006 -- The German government confirmed that it has sold two submarines to Israel which are capable of launching nuclear warheads, DPA reported.
- Raytheon, Rafael Selected for Short-Range Ballistic Missile Defense Interceptor Development Raytheon 24 May 2006 -- Raytheon Company and Rafael Armament Development Authority have been selected to develop a new terminal missile defense interceptor to defeat a variety of low-cost, short-range ballistic missile threats. The source selection was made by the Israel Missile Defense Organization (IMDO).
- Huge increase in UK arms sales to Israel IRNA 06 Apr 2006 -- The value of British arms sales to the Zionist regime almost doubled last year, reaching the highest amount since 1999, according to official figures.
- ATK and Boeing Form Team to Compete for New Israeli Short-Range Ballistic Missile Defense System ATK 27 Mar 2006 -- Alliant Techsystems (NYSE: ATK) and Boeing (NYSE: BA) have signed a teaming agreement to support the new Israeli Short-Range Ballistic Missile Defense (SRBMD) system, which Boeing is pursuing in partnership with Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI).
- Boeing, ATK Team for Israeli Short Range Ballistic Missile Defense Competition Boeing 27 Mar 2006 -- Boeing [NYSE: BA] announced today an exclusive agreement with Alliant Techsystems [NYSE: ATK] to support the new Israeli Short Range Ballistic Missile Defense (SRBMD) program, which Boeing is pursuing with partner Israel Aircraft Industries (IAI).
- Israel Confirms Deadly H5N1 Strain of Bird Flu VOA 20 Mar 2006 -- Israel says tests showed the bird flu virus that infected poultry in the southern part of the country is of the lethal H5N1 strain.
- Interview: Israeli President Discusses Iran Nuclear Standoff RFE/RL 20 Mar 2006 -- On March 18-19, Radio Farda broadcast an exclusive two-part interview with Israeli President Moshe Katzav by journalist Farnoush Ram
- Israel Destroys Poultry After Avian Flu Outbreak VOA 18 Mar 2006 -- Israel is trying to halt the spread of a deadly outbreak of avian flu. The poultry industry at several collective farms has been wiped out.
- Israel Reports Outbreak of Bird Flu VOA 17 Mar 2006 -- Israel has reported its first outbreak of the deadly H5N1 strain of bird flu. Health officials are taking a series of measures to prevent the virus from spreading.
- Former Israeli General Warns of Pre-Emptive Strike on Iran VOA 12 Mar 2006 -- Israel has a contingency plan for a crushing military strike against Iran's nuclear facilities.
- UK sold plutonium to Israel to develop nuclear weapons - report IRNA 10 Mar 2006 -- Britain not only secretly sold Israel heavy water but also supplied plutonium to help the Zionist regime to help develop nuclear weapons, a UK weekly has revealed.
- World press body calls on Israel to stop harassing nuclear whistleblower IRNA 25 Jan 2006 -- The International Federation of Journalists (IFJ) called Tuesday for an end to official harassment of Mordechai Vanunu, the man who told the world that Israel possessed nuclear weapons as Israeli judges moved to send him back to jail for speaking to journalists.
- Israel Hints at Military Action Against Iran VOA 22 Jan 2006 -- Israel is threatening to launch a pre-emptive strike against Iran's nuclear program.
- Israeli Experts In Russia To Seek Support For Possible Iran Sanctions RFE/RL 18 Jan 2006 -- A delegation of Israeli nuclear and security experts is in Moscow today to try to persuade Russia to back possible international sanctions against Iran over Iran's nuclear program.
- Israel Says It Will Not Tolerate a Nuclear Iran VOA 17 Jan 2006 -- Israel's acting prime minister, Ehud Olmert on Tuesday warned that Israel will not tolerate a nuclear armed Iran.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list