Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
December 2022 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Netanyahu's new hardline Israeli gov't sworn in People's Daily 30 Dec 2022 -- Benjamin Netanyahu, the longest-serving Israeli leader, returned to power on Thursday as the country's prime minister at the helm of an extreme-right coalition.
- US, Israel ground F-35 warplanes after crash Press TV 30 Dec 2022 -- The United States and the Israeli regime have grounded a number of their F-35 stealth warplanes after a crash involving a model of the aircraft.
- Biden warns Netanyahu US will oppose Israeli policies that endanger the two-state solution Press TV 29 Dec 2022 -- US President Joe Biden says his administration will continue to support the two-state solution in the Middle East, warning that he will oppose Israeli policies that endanger it.
- Congratulations to Prime Minister of Israel Benjamin Netanyahu President of Russia 29 Dec 2022 -- Vladimir Putin sent a message of congratulations to Benjamin Netanyahu on being sworn in as Prime Minister of the State of Israel.
- Israel's New Government US Dept. of State 29 Dec 2022 -- "Today, Israel's Knesset voted to ratify a new Israeli government under the leadership of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu."
- Statement from President Joe Biden on the New Government of the St
- Bibi's Back: Netanyahu Sworn in as Israel's PM for Historic Third Tenure Sputnik 29 Dec 2022 -- The conservative Zionist Likud politician served as prime minister of Israel between 1996 and 1999, then again from 2009 until 2021, for a total of 15 years of the Jewish state's 74-year history.
- ate of Israel The White House 29 Dec 2022
- Netanyahu calls illegal settlement expansion top priority Press TV 29 Dec 2022 -- The Israeli regime's Prime Minister-designate Benjamin Netanyahu releases a policy statement on the part of his incoming cabinet, calling expansion of the regime's illegal settlements across the occupied Palestinian territories and elsewhere a top priority.
- F-35 Crash in Texas Prompts US, Israel to Ground Part of Their Fleets Sputnik 28 Dec 2022 -- A US test pilot had a close call earlier this month after his Lockheed Martin F-35B touched down nose first on the runway at a US military base in Texas, and proceeded to spin wildly out of control, forcing him to eject. The F-35 program has taken heavy flak over its astronomical $1.7 trillion price tag, and hundreds of major and minor defects.
- Israel's Netanyahu Announces Likud Lawmaker's Appointment as Parliament Speaker, Reports Say Sputnik 28 Dec 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister-designate Benjamin Netanyahu announced on Wednesday that parties to the ruling coalition have unanimously approved Likud lawmaker Amir Ohana to be appointed Knesset speaker, media reported.
- Israeli Parties Sign Final Coalition Agreement, Reports Say Sputnik 28 Dec 2022 -- The Likud party, led by Benjamin Netanyahu, and the ultra-Orthodox United Torah Judaism alliance have signed a final coalition agreement after all details were agreed on, Israeli media reported on Wednesday.
- Saudi Arabia asking for F-35 jets in exchange for normalization: Report Press TV 23 Dec 2022 -- An Israeli paper claims Saudi Arabia and Israel have been in direct contact for the normalization of ties as Riyadh has set the Unites States' selling of advanced weapons, including F-35 fighter jets, as one of the conditions for arriving at an agreement.
- Joint Statement on the Meeting of the U.S.-Israel Strategic Consultative Group The White House 22 Dec 2022
- Telephone conversation with leader of Israel's Likud party Benjamin Netanyahu President of Russia 22 Dec 2022 -- Vladimir Putin had a telephone conversation with Benjamin Netanyahu, leader of the Likud party, which won the parliamentary election in Israel.
- Israel's Netanyahu says he has secured deal to form new cabinet Press TV 22 Dec 2022 -- Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he has secured a deal to form a new cabinet after weeks of wrangling with his far-right coalition partners.
- Iran busts 4 Mossad spy teams, arrests all members: Intelligence Ministry Press TV 22 Dec 2022 -- Iran's Intelligence Ministry says it has dismantled four operative teams affiliated with the Israeli spy agency Mossad which were planning to carry out terrorist attacks in some parts of the country.
- Iran nabs four Mossad-affiliated groups IRNA 22 Dec 2022 -- Ministry of Intelligence of the Islamic Republic of Iran has announced that the security forces have detected and arrested four terrorist teams, working for the intelligence agency of the Zionist regime.
- UN envoy reports 'sharp increase' in violence this year in Israel-Palestine conflict UN News 19 Dec 2022 -- More than 150 Palestinians and over 20 Israelis have been killed in the West Bank and Israel so far in 2022 - the highest number of deaths in years, UN Middle East envoy Tor Wennesland told the Security Council on Monday.
- Meaningful dialogue must end the cycle of violence across Israel and the Occupied Palestinian Territories UK FCDO 19 Dec 2022 -- Statement by Ambassador Barbara Woodward at the Security Council Briefing on the Middle East
- Israel launches fresh missile attack on Syrian capital in new act of aggression Press TV 19 Dec 2022 -- The Israeli regime has launched a new missile attack on the Syrian capital, Damascus, in a new act of aggression against the Arab country.
- Iran busts Mossad spy network planning to target its defense industry Press TV 19 Dec 2022 -- Iran's Intelligence Ministry has identified and arrested members of a spy network who were planning to sabotage the country's defense industry through front companies and security marketing.
- UAE, Israel ratify comprehensive partnership agreement as part of widely-bashed normalization deal Press TV 11 Dec 2022 -- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) and the Israeli occupation regime have officially signed a comprehensive economic partnership deal as part of a widely-bashed normalization agreement between Abu Dhabi and Tel Aviv.
- Readout of Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Dr. Colin Kahl's Meeting With Incoming Chief of the Israeli General Staff Maj. Gen. Herzi Halevi DoD 08 Dec 2022
- Al Jazeera takes killing of Palestinian journalist Shireen Abu Akleh to ICC Press TV 06 Dec 2022 -- Al Jazeera has filed a lawsuit at the International Criminal Court (ICC) over the killing of Palestinian journalist Shireen Abu Akleh, saying it has new evidence showing she was killed by Israeli forces.
- Lockheed Martin and Rafael Advanced Defense Systems to Collaborate on High-Energy Laser System Lockheed Martin 05 Dec 2022 -- Lockheed Martin [NYSE: LMT] and Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, Ltd., of Israel, have signed a teaming agreement that includes jointly developing, testing and manufacturing High Energy Laser Weapon Systems (HELWS) in the U.S. and Israel. The future joint-development will be based on the assets that have been developed independently by RAFAEL and the Ministry of Defense's Directorate of Defense Research and Development (DDR&D) within the framework of the IRON BEAM project. The cooperation will be geared towards developing a variant of the system for the American market as well as others.
- US, Israeli Defense Firms Pen Deal to Develop American Version of 'Iron Beam' Laser Defense System Sputnik 05 Dec 2022 -- Two of the biggest American and Israeli defense contractors, Lockheed Martin and Rafael Advanced Defense Systems, announced a new joint effort on Monday to develop a version of the "Iron Beam" laser-based air defense system for the non-Israeli market.
- President Herzog arrives in Bahrain on official visit Israel - Prime Minister 04 Dec 2022 -- President Isaac Herzog was welcomed to the Al-Qudaibiya Palace in Manama today (Sunday, 4 December 2022) in a State Welcoming Ceremony with an honor guard, after which he met today with His Majesty King Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa of Bahrain.
- President Herzog meets with UAE President Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Israel - Prime Minister 05 Dec 2022 -- President Herzog: The UAE is a major linchpin in the movement towards peace in the region. The Abraham Accords are a national consensus in the State of Israel, for all parties and for all factions of Israeli politics.
- PM Lapid's comments on the operation overnight in Jenin Israel - Prime Minister 01 Dec 2022 -- Prime Minister Yair Lapid this morning commended the counterterrorism activities carried out by the IDF and security forces overnight in Jenin.
- US, Israeli air forces execute fighter escort, refueling exercise US Air Force 01 Dec 2022 -- Ninth Air Force (U.S. Air Forces Central) F-15E Strike Eagles, F-16 Fighting Falcons, and KC-10 Extenders participated in a bilateral exercise with Israeli air force F-35 Lightning IIs and F-16s over the Eastern Mediterranean Sea Nov. 29 and 30. The exercise focused on fighter integration and refueling operations.
- Likud Reaches Key Deal Giving Religious Zionism Control Over Finance Ministry, West Bank Settlements Sputnik 01 Dec 2022 -- Fears that Israel's designated prime minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, would be unable to form a coalition majority after elections last month have been allayed, as news broke on Wednesday that Likud had reached a deal with Religious Zionism (Tkuma), a far-right party key to Netanyahu's majority.
- Israel, U.S. conclude joint exercises simulating attacks on Iran People's Daily 01 Dec 2022 -- Israel said on Wednesday that it completed large-scale exercises with the U.S. Armed Forces that simulated strikes on the Iranian nuclear program.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list