Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
September 2022 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Statement by NSC Spokesperson Adrienne Watson on National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan's Meeting with Israeli National Security Advisor Eyal Hulata The White House 28 Sep 2022
- Israel: Statement by the High Representative Josep Borrell on Prime Minister's support for a peace agreement with Palestinians European External Action Service (EEAS) 23 Sep 2022
- U.S. and Israel Complete Unmanned Exercise in Gulf of Aqaba CENTCOM 22 Sep 2022 -- Forces from Israel and the U.S. completed a four-day exercise in the Gulf of Aqaba, Sept. 22.
- PM meeting with Prime Minister Yair Lapid: 21 September 2022 Gov.UK 22 Sep 2022 -- Prime Minister Liz Truss met Yair Lapid, Prime Minister of Israel, at the UN General Assembly on 21 September.
- Israel conducts deadly airstrikes on Damascus airport, southern outskirts Press TV 17 Sep 2022 -- The Israeli regime has conducted yet another airstrike on the Syrian territory, targeting Damascus International Airport and other positions south of the capital city.
- Latest Israeli Raid on Damascus Airport Region Underscores Ongoing Tensions With Iran VOA 17 Sep 2022 -- Arab media is reporting that an Israeli airstrike on a weapons depot in the vicinity of the Damascus Airport has left at a number of Syrian government soldiers and pro-Iranian militia fighters dead.
- Israel Intends to Advance Negotiations on Maritime Border With Lebanon Sputnik 13 Sep 2022 -- Israel is interested in advancing negotiations on the demarcation of the maritime borders with Lebanon, Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz said on Tuesday, adding that the agreement will allow the Israeli and Lebanese gas platforms to operate in the disputed waters.
- PM Lapid's Remarks at the Joint Statements with German Chancellor Olaf Scholz Israel - Prime Minister 12 Sep 2022
- Israel's Gantz Says Iran Making Steady Process Toward Nuclear Capability Sputnik 12 Sep 2022 -- Israeli Defense Minister Benny Gantz accused Iran on Monday of making steady progress toward nuclear capability as talks on an atomic deal begin to unravel.
- Mossad Head Claims to Have Prevented Dozens of Iranian Attacks on Israelis Abroad Sputnik 12 Sep 2022 -- Israel has thwarted dozens of terrorist attacks allegedly planned by Iran on Israeli citizens and Jewish communities around the world, the head of the Israeli Secret Intelligence Service (Mossad), David Barnea. said on Monday.
- PM Yair Lapid's Remarks at the Start of the Weekly Cabinet Meeting Israel - Prime Minister 11 Sep 2022
- Mossad Director David Barnea Updates Prime Minister Yair Lapid on his Security and Diplomatic Meetings in the US Israel - Prime Minister 08 Sep 2022
- Israeli F-16 Jets Attacked Airfield in Aleppo on Tuesday, Russian Military Says Sputnik 07 Sep 2022 -- Four Israeli F-16 fighter jets launched five missiles at the Nayreb airfield in Syria's Aleppo on Tuesday and caused minor damage, Maj. Gen. Oleg Egorov, the deputy head of the Russian Center for the Reconciliation of Warring Parties in Syria, said on Wednesday.
- Syrian Foreign Ministry Calls Israeli Strikes on Aleppo Airport War Crime Sputnik 07 Sep 2022 -- The Syrian foreign ministry said on Wednesday that Israeli strikes on Aleppo International Airport are war crimes and Syria will defend its sovereignty by all necessary means.
- Iran views Israel-CENTCOM coordination as national security threat: Top general Press TV 07 Sep 2022 -- Iran's top general has warned of the ramifications of the growing military coordination between the US Central Command (CENTCOM) and the Israeli military, saying the Islamic Republic interprets the development as a direct threat to its national security.
- Iran, Israel Issue Back-to-Back Threats as Nuclear Tensions Escalate Sputnik 07 Sep 2022 -- The arch rivals severed diplomatic relations in 1979, and have waged a decades-long proxy conflict against one another ever since. In recent years, Tel Aviv has accused Tehran of pursuing nuclear weapons capability. Iran has dismissed these claims, and pointed to Israel's own status as the Middle East's sole suspected nuclear weapons state.
- Israeli Airstrikes Target Aleppo Airport, Syrian State Media Reports Sputnik 06 Sep 2022 -- Damascus has accused Tel Aviv of ramping up its campaign of aerial aggression in recent weeks. The Israeli military typically maintains silence when it comes to responsibility for individual strikes, but has previously admitted to carrying out "hundreds" of attacks against its neighbor over the years.
- IDF Releases Shireen Abu Akleh Report US Dept. of State 05 Sep 2022 -- "Today, the Israel Defense Forces (IDF) reported that it had concluded its investigation into the circumstances surrounding Palestinian-American journalist Shireen Abu Akleh's death, and stated there is a high possibility that Ms. Abu Akleh was accidentally hit by IDF gunfire."
- Execution of Gaza prisoners condemned by UN rights office UN News 05 Sep 2022 -- The Office of the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) has condemned the execution of five prisoners by Hamas, the de facto authorities in Gaza, in a statement released on Monday.
- President Herzog meets with German Federal Chancellor Olaf Scholz Israel MFA 05 Sep 2022 -- President Herzog thanked Chancellor Scholz for his personal commitment and contributions to Israel's security, to promoting the Israel-Germany relationship, and to fighting antisemitism, as reflected throughout his political career.
- Israel and the U.S. complete joint missile-defense exercise Israel MFA 05 Sep 2022 -- The joint simulation training exercise continues the tradition of excellent cooperation between the countries' armed forces in order to improve the soldiers' competency level for tactics, techniques, and procedures and strengthen coordination between the forces.
- Israel, US End Exercise Simulating Use of Air Defense Systems Sputnik 05 Sep 2022 -- Israel and the United States have concluded joint simulation drills in the central part of Israel where Israel's Arrow, David's Sling and Iron Dome air defense systems, as well as United States' Patriot, Aegis and Thaad systems were tested, the Israeli Defense Ministry (IMoD) said on Monday.
- PM Yair Lapid's remarks at the start of the weekly Cabinet meeting today Israel - Prime Minister 04 Sep 2022
- Mossad Chief to Rally Against Iran Nuclear Deal Revival on US Visit, Israeli PM Confirms Sputnik 04 Sep 2022 -- Media outlets published unconfirmed reports of Israel's spy master's planned trip to the US a week ago. It is believed that he will try to convince US Congress members to thwart the revival of the Iran nuclear deal. Tel Aviv believes that the deal will allow Tehran to build nuclear weapons, despite Iran denying such plans.
- Israeli military experts deployed on Yemen's strategic Socotra Island: Report Press TV 02 Sep 2022 -- A delegation of Israeli military experts has apparently been stationed to the Yemeni island of Socotra, more than six months after it was reported that the United Arab Emirates was constructing a settlement on the strategic island to accommodate dozens of Israeli soldiers, officers and military experts.
- PM Lapid speaks with President of Ukraine Zelenskyy and congratulates him on the occasion of Ukraine's 31st Independence Day Israel - Prime Minister 01 Sep 2022
- Syria FM warns Israel against 'playing with fire' after airstrikes on Damascus, Aleppo Press TV 01 Sep 2022 -- The Syrian foreign minister has sternly warned that Israel is "playing with fire" after the regime conducted airstrikes near the capital, Damascus, and on Aleppo's international airport.
- Syrian Air Defense Destroys 3 Israeli Missiles Fired at Airfields in Aleppo, Damascus Sputnik 01 Sep 2022 -- Syrian air defense forces destroyed three Israeli missiles fired at airfields in Aleppo and Damascus, Maj. Gen. Oleg Egorov, deputy head of the Russian Center for the Reconciliation of Warring Parties in Syria, said.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list