Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
April 2022 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Mossad Prevents Assassination Attempt on Israeli Diplomat in Turkey - Reports Sputnik 30 Apr 2022 -- The Israeli intelligence agency Mossad has prevented an alleged Iranian-organized assassination attempt on an Israeli consulate employee in Turkey on Saturday, the Haaretz newspaper reported, citing officials.
- Israeli airstrike on Damascus countryside kills four soldiers, injures three others Press TV 27 Apr 2022 -- At least four Syrian army troops have been killed and three others injured after "hostile" Israeli missiles hit the outskirts of the capital, Damascus, in yet another act of aggression against the Arab country.
- Readout of National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan's Meeting with National Security Advisor Dr. Eyal Hulata of Israel The White House 25 Apr 2022
- Israel shells southern Lebanon after alleged rocket fire Press TV 25 Apr 2022 -- The Israeli regime has reportedly targeted an area in southern Lebanon with heavy artillery fire.
- Iran sent Israel photographs, maps of regime's nuclear weapons sites in warning to Tel Aviv: Report Press TV 24 Apr 2022 -- Iran has warned Israel that it is in possession of intelligence on the locations of all its nuclear weapons sites, and that the country's Armed Forces will strike the sensitive targets in the occupied territories in the event of any aggression against the Islamic Republic, a report claims.
- Readout of President Biden's Call with Prime Minister Naftali Bennett of Israel The White House 24 Apr 2022
- Argentina Sanctions Israeli Oil Company Over Exploration Near Falklands, Foreign Ministry Says Sputnik 23 Apr 2022 -- Argentina has imposed sanctions against Israeli oil company Navitas Petroleum for exploring for hydrocarbons off the Falkland Islands (Malvinas), the country's Foreign Ministry said on Saturday.
- Iran Arrests Three 'Mossad Spies' Who Stole Classified Documents Sputnik 21 Apr 2022 -- Tehran reported last year annihilating a Mossad spy network in the country's west. According to the Islamic Republic's authorities, the group planned in instigate riots in Iran and that a large cache of weapons was seized during their arrest.
- Iran's intel forces arrest three Mossad spies in SE province Press TV 21 Apr 2022 -- Iran's Intelligence Ministry has arrested three agents working for the Israeli Mossad spy agency in the country's southeastern province of Sistan and Baluchestan.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Israeli Foreign Minister and Alternate Prime Minister Lapid US Dept. of State 19 Apr 2022
- Israeli spyware Pegasus used to hack UK PM Johnson's office, report reveals Press TV 19 Apr 2022 -- A Canadian tech organization has found that Israel's Pegasus spyware was used against a device connected to the network of the British government, in a stunning revelation that the notorious malware has been employed against Tel Aviv's allies.
- Iran says interactions with Israel can't ensure Arab states' security People's Daily 18 Apr 2022 -- Iran's Deputy Foreign Minister Ali Bagheri on Sunday criticized some Arab states for normalizing ties with Israel, saying interactions with Israel can not ensure these countries' security.
- Russia summons Israeli ambassador over Tel Aviv's anti-Moscow stance Press TV 17 Apr 2022 -- The Russian foreign ministry has summoned the Israeli ambassador to Moscow after Tel Aviv denounced Russia's military operation in Ukraine.
- Tehran Transfers Uranium Enrichment Centrifuges to Secure Locations Amid Sabotage Fears Sputnik 17 Apr 2022 -- Iran has faced repeated acts of sabotage against its nuclear energy programme, with assassins murdering half a dozen of its nuclear scientists and saboteurs repeatedly striking at its facilities. The Islamic Republic blames Israel for these acts of "nuclear terrorism". Tel Aviv claims Iran's nuclear programme has a secret military component.
- Israeli F-16 Jets Attacked Damascus Province on Thursday, Russian Military Says Sputnik 15 Apr 2022 -- Israeli F-16 fighter jets attacked the Damascus province on Thursday, and Syria's air defense repelled one missile out of two, a Russian military official with the center for Syrian reconciliation said on Friday, adding that the incident did not lead to any casualties.
- Syria confronts Israeli airstrikes outside Damascus Press TV 15 Apr 2022 -- Syria's air defenses confront airstrikes by the Israeli regime against the countryside of the Arab country's capital of Damascus.
- Israeli Jets Launch Strikes Against Damascus, Syrian Air Defenses Engaged - State Media Sputnik 14 Apr 2022 -- No other details were immediately provided. The country's defense ministry stated that there was a destruction, but it was not clear of which scale. No casualties were reported either. However, the number and type of attacking projectiles has remained unknown.
- Readout of Vice President Harris's Call with President Herzog of Israel The White House 14 Apr 2022
- Iran will harshly confront Israel wherever it deems necessary: Senior IRGC commander Press TV 14 Apr 2022 -- The commander of the Quds Force of Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) warns the Islamic Republic will harshly confront the Israeli regime wherever it deems necessary.
- Syria calls on UN to interfere to stop "systematic" Israeli strikes People's Daily 11 Apr 2022 -- Syrian Foreign Minister Faisal Mekdad on Sunday urged the United Nations to interfere to curb the repetitive Israeli attacks in Syria, slamming such strikes as systematic, according to the state news agency SANA.
- Syria reserves right to respond to Israeli aggression on its soil: FM Mikdad Press TV 10 Apr 2022 -- Syrian Foreign Minister Faisal Mikdad has slammed an Israeli missile attack, which targeted the town of Masyaf in the central province of Hama, saying Damascus reserves the right to give a proper and lawful response to the aggression.
- Syrian air defenses repel Israeli aggression over town of Masyaf in Hama province Press TV 09 Apr 2022 -- The Syrian air defenses have repelled an Israeli missile attack, which targeted the town of Masyaf in the central province of Hama, Syrian media sayd.
- Israel Government Facing Crisis as Lawmaker Leaves Coalition VOA 06 Apr 2022 -- Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett must deal with a major test for his ruling coalition after a lawmaker from his nationalist party quit, leaving his government without a majority in parliament less than a year after the coalition was formed.
- German Chief of Defen—Āe Says Berlin Mulls Buying Missile Systems From Israel, US Sputnik 02 Apr 2022 -- Germany is considering buying missile systems from either Israel or the United States to shield itself from what German Chief of Defen—Āe Eberhard Zorn called an existing threat.
- Deputy Secretary Sherman's Meeting with Israeli Minister of Regional Cooperation Esawi Frej US Dept. of State 01 Apr 2022
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list