Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2021 - Israel Special Weapons News
- The Opening of the Israeli Embassy in the United Arab Emirates US Dept. of State 29 Jun 2021
- Biden Vows Iran Will Not Get Nuclear Weapons In Meeting With Israeli President RFE/RL 29 Jun 2021 -- U.S. President Joe Biden assured Israel on June 28 that Iran will never acquire a nuclear weapon, as he met with outgoing Israeli President Reuven Rivlin at the White House.
- Readout of President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Meeting with President Reuven Rivlin of Israel The White House 28 Jun 2021
- Remarks by President Biden and President Rivlin of the State of Israel Before Bilateral Meeting The White House 28 Jun 2021
- Iran Overshadows Biden Meeting with Israel's President VOA 28 Jun 2021 -- The subject of Iran overshadowed an Oval Office meeting Monday between U.S. President Joe Biden and his Israeli counterpart.
- Blinken Meets Israel's New Foreign Minister Amid Divisions on Iran, Palestine RFE/RL 27 Jun 2021 -- U.S .Secretary of State Antony Blinken held his first meeting with Israel's new Foreign Minister Yair Lapid amid disagreements between the two countries over Iran and Palestine.
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken And Israeli Foreign Minister Yair Lapid Before Their Meeting US Dept. of State 27 Jun 2021
- Israel Voices Opposition to Revamped Iran Nuclear Deal VOA 27 Jun 2021 -- Israel's new government on Sunday pledged close cooperation with the United States even as it expressed "serious reservations" about efforts by Washington to rejoin the international pact to restrain Iran's nuclear program.
- Israel Approves First New West Bank Construction of Bennett Admin as Settler Protests Continue Sputnik 23 Jun 2021 -- While the Arab Ra'am party won concessions making it harder for the Israeli government to demolish Palestinian homes when it joined Yair Lapid's coalition, the central issue of settlement foundation and expansion was never touched on, leaving Prime Minister Naftali Bennett to pursue an annexationist agenda unimpeded.
- Milley Meets Israeli Counterpart at Pentagon DoD News 22 Jun 2021 -- Army Gen. Mark A. Milley, the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, met with his Israeli counterpart, Lt. Gen. Aviv Kohavi, at the Pentagon to discuss the state of the relationship between the U.S. and Israel and to also discuss Middle Eastern issues.
- Israel reports COVID-19 outbreak in 2 schools, 45 students infected People's Daily 20 Jun 2021 -- The Israeli Ministry of Health on Saturday reported a COVID-19 outbreak in two schools in the town of Binyamina, 60 km north of Tel Aviv.
- US approves replenishment of Israel's Iron Dome after Gaza defeat Press TV 19 Jun 2021 -- The United States has vowed to reinforce Israel's so-called Iron Dome after Tel Aviv suffered a defeat in its 11-day war on the Gaza Strip, with the regime's much-publicized missile system failing in the face of a massive rocket fire by Palestinian resistance movements.
- Statement by White House Spokesperson Jen Psaki on the Visit of President Reuven Rivlin of Israel The White House 19 Jun 2021
- Palestinians scrap COVID-19 vaccine exchange deal with Israel, citing 90K 'about-to-expire' doses Press TV 18 Jun 2021 -- The Palestinian Authority (PA) says it has scrapped an agreement with Israel on the transfer of one million doses of the Pfizer/BioNTech COVID-19 vaccines from the regime to Palestinians in exchange for a similar number of doses from Palestinians later this year, saying Israel's first batch of vaccines are unusable as they are about to expire soon.
- Israeli warplanes strike Hamas military posts in Gaza: sources People's Daily 18 Jun 2021 -- Israeli warplanes struck on Thursday some military posts of the al-Qassam Brigades, the armed wing of Islamic Resistance Movement (Hamas) that rules the Gaza Strip, Palestinian security sources said.
- Israeli regime breaks Gaza ceasefire again Press TV 17 Jun 2021 -- The Israeli regime attacks the Gaza Strip for a second time in as many days in outright violation of a fragile ceasefire that it had desperately demanded during its latest war on the Palestinian enclave.
- Sixty Israeli navy commandos sent home with highly contagious infection Press TV 17 Jun 2021 -- Dozens of commandos from one of the Israeli regime's special forces units have been sent home from a training base after they showed symptoms of impetigo â€“ a highly infectious bacterial disease.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Israeli Alternate Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Lapid US Dept. of State 17 Jun 2021
- Israel Launches Airstrikes on Gaza VOA 16 Jun 2021 -- Tensions between Israel and the Palestinian militant group Hamas flared again after Hamas launched incendiary balloons from the Gaza Strip into Israel, a month after a cease-fire. Hamas said the balloons were meant to protest an Israeli march in east Jerusalem.
- Israel Cancels Mandatory Indoor Masks Sputnik 15 Jun 2021 -- The Israeli Health Ministry on Tuesday said that it is cancelling the requirement to wear masks indoors as a preventative measure against the coronavirus.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Phone Call With Israeli Minister of Defense Benjamin "Benny" Gantz DoD 15 Jun 2021
- Once allies, Netanyahu threatens to topple Bennett's government Press TV 15 Jun 2021 -- Escalating rifts among Israeli leaders have burst into the open with the transition of power, with former prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu threatening to topple the new government headed by his ally-turned-rival Naftali Bennett.
- Netanyahu Out of Power in Israel for First Time in 12 Years VOA 14 Jun 2021 -- After more than twelve years of a government headed by Likud leader Benjamin Netanyahu and four inconclusive elections, Israel has a new government. It consists of a coalition of eight parties from left to right and, for the first time, includes an Arab party. It was approved by a vote of 60 to 59 in the parliament. The new prime minister, Naftali Bennett, of the right-wing Yamina party, will serve for two years, followed by centrist Yair Lapid.
- Bennett sworn in as Israel's new PM, ending Netanyahu's 12-year rule People's Daily 14 Jun 2021 -- Naftali Bennett, leader of the right-wing Yamina (United Right) party, was sworn in as new Israeli prime minister on Sunday night, sending Benjamin Netanyahu to the opposition after a record 12-year rule.
- DOD Statement on the Appointment of Benjamin "Benny" Gantz as Minister of Defense in Israel's 36th Government DoD 13 Jun 2021
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Israeli Alternate Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Lapid US Dept. of State 13 Jun 2021
- Israel Swears In New Government, Ending Netanyahu's Rule VOA 13 Jun 2021 -- Israel swore in a new government on Sunday, ending the 12-year rule of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and making Naftali Bennett, the head of a small, religious ultranationalist party, the new leader of the Jewish state.
- Readout of President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. Call with Prime Minister Bennett of Israel The White House 13 Jun 2021
- Statement by President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. on the New Government of the State of Israel The White House 13 Jun 2021
- Netanyahu shown the door, US pledges allegiance to new Israeli regime Press TV 13 Jun 2021 -- An Israeli political coalition narrowly wins a vote to oust Benjamin Netanyahu as the regime's prime minister, with the US rushing to congratulate and pledge to cooperate with the new Israeli coalition.
- Netanyahu vows to lead Likud back to power as no-confidence vote looms Press TV 13 Jun 2021 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has vowed to lead the Likud Party back to power amid a looming battle to end his 12-year premiership, asserting that he has no plan on giving up the leadership of his party.
- Naftali Bennett Becomes Israel's New Prime Minister, Ending Netanyahu's 12-Year Tenure Sputnik 13 Jun 2021 -- The Knesset convened earlier today to hold a confidence vote on the new coalition government. Yair Lapid, the leader of Israel's largest opposition party Yesh Atid, was given a mandate to form a coalition last month, after acting Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu missed the deadline.
- Israel's PM-Designate Bennett Says His Government to Expand Peace Deals With Arab States Sputnik 13 Jun 2021 -- The leader of the right-leaning Yamina party was selected to lead the opposition's attempt to remove long-time Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu from office by forming a broad coalition of 61 Knesset members.
- Israeli Atomic Expert Says Mossad Blew Up Iraqi Nuke Power Station Parts in France in 1979 Sputnik 13 Jun 2021 -- A new memoir reveals how Israel, with US backing, tried unsuccessfully for years to stop France and other countries from helping Iraq develop its own nuclear power industry â€” first through diplomacy, then spying and intimidation, then finally sabotage attacks on French soil.
- Outgoing Mossad Chief Hints At Israeli Role In Attacks On Iranian Nuclear Targets RFE/RL 11 Jun 2021 -- The departing head of Israel's Mossad intelligence service has hinted at possible Israeli involvement in recent attacks on Iran's nuclear facilities and on an Iranian scientist, though he stopped short of directly claiming responsibility.
- Syria rejects Blinken's remarks on occupied Golan Heights Press TV 09 Jun 2021 -- Syria has categorically rejected remarks by US Secretary of State Antony Blinken about the Israeli-occupied Golan Heights, reiterating that the land was and will remain a "Syrian Arab" territory.
- Palestinian National Authority Files 3 Lawsuits Against Israel With ICC, PM Shtayyeh Says Sputnik 08 Jun 2021 -- Palestinian National Authority (PNA) has filed three lawsuits against Israel in the International Criminal Court (ICC) concerning Palestinian prisoners, Israeli attacks on the Gaza Strip in different years, and illegal Israeli settlements on occupied lands, Mohammad Shtayyeh, the PNA's prime minister, said on Tuesday.
- Syria's air defenses intercept Israeli missiles over Damascus Press TV 08 Jun 2021 -- The Syrian military says the country's air defenses have intercepted a number of Israeli missiles in the skies over the capital Damascus.
- Israeli lawmakers to vote June 13 on anti-Netanyahu coalition Press TV 08 Jun 2021 -- Israel's parliament Knesset is scheduled to vote for a new coalition cabinet on Sunday, potentially putting an end to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's 12-year grip on power.
- Israel Briefly Detains Prominent Palestinian Activist Twins VOA 06 Jun 2021 -- Israeli authorities Sunday briefly detained two prominent Palestinian activists who gained a global audience while fighting eviction from their homes in the Israeli-annexed east Jerusalem neighborhood of Sheikh Jarrah.
- US vows to replenish Israeli regime's Iron Dome supply Press TV 06 Jun 2021 -- Washington has pledged to restock the Israeli regime's Iron Dome anti-missile batteries following their depletion during Tel-Aviv's 11-day military campaign against occupied Palestinian territories.
- Israel begged US to broker Gaza ceasefire, says Yedioth Ahronoth Press TV 05 Jun 2021 -- An Israeli newspaper says Tel Aviv begged the US to mediate a ceasefire during the 11-day military aggression on the besieged Gaza Strip that prompted the Palestinian resistance to retaliate with a massive rocket barrage.
- Israel Has Right to Defend Itself, US Reaffirms VOA 03 Jun 2021 -- Israeli Defense Minster Benny Gantz met with Biden administration officials Thursday and came away with a U.S. affirmation of Israel's right to defend itself and a commitment to restock its Iron Dome missile defense system.
- Readout of Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III's Meeting With Israeli Minister of Defense Benjamin Gantz DoD 03 Jun 2021
- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III and Israeli Minister of Defense Benjamin Gantz Opening Remarks at Bilateral Meeting DoD 03 Jun 2021
- Secretary Antony J. Blinken And Israeli Alternate Prime Minister/Defense Minister Benjamin "Benny" Gantz Before Their Meeting US Dept. of State 03 Jun 2021
- Secretary Blinken's Meeting with Israeli Alternate Prime Minister and Defense Minister Gantz US Dept. of State 03 Jun 2021
- Readout from NSC Spokesperson Emily Horne on National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan's Meeting with Israeli Minister of Defense Benjamin Gantz The White House 03 Jun 2021
- Netanyahu Opponents Seek Quick End to Israeli PM's Time in Office VOA 03 Jun 2021 -- Opponents of Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu worked Thursday to arrange a quick parliamentary vote to end his 12-year term in office.
- Netanyahu Urges 'Right-Wing Knesset Members to Oppose Dangerous Left-Wing Gov't' Announced by Lapid Sputnik 03 Jun 2021 -- This is the first announcement by Israel's long-serving prime minister, since the opposition announced a new Israeli coalition government. Last month, Netanyahu failed to form a new government following the fourth vote in just two years.
- Lapid announces forming unprecedented coalition to boot Netanyahu Press TV 03 Jun 2021 -- Israeli opposition politician Yair Lapid announces forming an unprecedented coalition gathering a whole host of allies aimed at dealing death to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's political longevity.
- Israeli PM's opponents say deal reached to form new gov't People's Daily 03 Jun 2021 -- Israel's opposition leader Yair Lapid announced on Wednesday that a deal was reached to form a coalition government that would end the 12-year rule of Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Statement from President Joseph R. Biden, Jr. on the Election of Isaac Herzog as the 11th President of the State of Israel The White House 02 Jun 2021
- Staggering health needs emerge in Gaza, following Israel-Hamas conflict UN News 02 Jun 2021 -- Senior UN health agency officials on Wednesday called for unhindered humanitarian access to the Gaza Strip, citing growing concerns about urgent health needs there.
- Israel claims destroying Syrian army post in occupied Golan Heights Press TV 02 Jun 2021 -- The Israeli military says it has blown up a Syrian army post in the Golan Heights, using ground forces to detonate the site instead of targeting it from the air in order to send a message to Syria and Lebanese resistance group Hezbollah.
- Two key Netanyahu rivals reach agreement to unseat Israel's longest-sitting PM Press TV 02 Jun 2021 -- Israel's so-called centrist opposition figure Yair Lapid is closer than ever to unseat 12-year prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu after reaching an agreement to form a coalition cabinet.
- Israeli's Lapid Informs President Rivlin He Has Formed a Government, Ousting Netanyahu Sputnik 02 Jun 2021 -- By the terms of the Basic Law on Government, the new Israeli coalition government will have rotating offices, with Yamina chairman Naftali Bennett serving as prime minister for two years and Yesh Atid chairman Yair Lapid as alternate, then they will switch.
- Israeli Politicians Face Deadline to Form Government VOA 02 Jun 2021 -- An ideologically broad group of Israeli political parties trying to unseat longtime Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu have until the end of the day Wednesday to seal an agreement to form a coalition government.
- Israel starts construction of 350 settler units near Ramallah, defying intl. outcry Press TV 01 Jun 2021 -- Israeli officials have laid the foundation stone for a new project to construct 350 settler units in the Beit El settlement near the West Bank city of Ramallah, irrespective of the international outcry against the Tel Aviv regime's illegal settlement expansion activities in occupied Palestinian territories.
- Yemen censures UAE for transferring Israeli tourists to Socotra Island Press TV 01 Jun 2021 -- Yemen has strongly condemned a recent move by the United Arab Emirates to transfer Israeli tourists to the strategic island of Socotra on Emirati visas.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list