Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
April 2021 - Israel Special Weapons News
- EU's Borrell calls on Israel to facilitate elections across all Palestinian territories Press TV 30 Apr 2021 -- The European Union has urged Israel to ensure that elections are held across the Palestinian territory, including in East Jerusalem al-Quds, expressing regret over a postponement of planned parliamentary polls.
- US, Israel to form working group focused on Iran's missile, drone power Press TV 28 Apr 2021 -- Fearful of Iran's growing military power, the United States and the Israeli regime have decided to set up a working group focused on the Islamic Republic's missile and drone capabilities.
- Rights Group Accuses Israel of Acts That Amount to Crimes Against Humanity VOA 27 Apr 2021 -- A human rights group has accused Israel of committing crimes against Palestinians that it says are tantamount to crimes against humanity.
- Israel plans "serious airstrike" on Gaza if rocket fire continues: media People's Daily 27 Apr 2021 -- Israeli security cabinet authorized on Monday "a serious airstrike" on the Gaza Strip if rocket fire from the enclave continues, local Israeli media reported.
- Readout of Jake Sullivan's Bilateral Meeting with Israeli NSA Meir Ben-Shabbat The White House 27 Apr 2021
- Hamas warns Israel of 'no calm' if regime's hostile measures continue Press TV 26 Apr 2021 -- The Palestinian resistance movement, Hamas, has warned the Israeli regime that if it continues its hostile measures against the occupied Jerusalem al-Quds, it will see no calm.
- Israel gets F-35 fighter jets from US in first under Biden Press TV 26 Apr 2021 -- Three more F-35 fighter jets have arrived in Israel from the United States, the Israeli military says, marking Washington's commitment to maintaining Tel Aviv's alleged military edge in the Middle East.
- IDF Investigating Why Its Cutting Edge Air Defences Failed to Shoot Down Rogue Syrian Missile Sputnik 22 Apr 2021 -- Israel's Defence Forces announced on Thursday that they had attacked missile batteries in Syria in response to the launch of a Syrian surface-to-air missile that landed near the Shimon Peres Negev Nuclear Research Centre â€“ suspected birthplace of Israel's first nuclear bomb. The launch took place right after a separate Israeli attack on Syria.
- IDF: Surface-to-Air Missile Launched From Syria Was Not Intercepted Sputnik 22 Apr 2021 -- Earlier, the Syrian state-run SANA media outlet reported that Syrian air defence systems repelled an Israeli rocket attack near the capital of Damascus.
- 'Syria missile' lands near Israeli military nuclear facility Dimona Press TV 22 Apr 2021 -- The Israeli military says a Syrian missile fired towards an Israeli warplane has overflown its target, landing near the occupying regime's top-secret military nuclear facility Dimona.
- In open military cooperation; Israel, UAE conduct drill in Greece Press TV 21 Apr 2021 -- Greece is hosting a military exercise jointly conducted by Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE), nearly one year into a controversial normalization agreement between Tel Aviv and Abu Dhabi.
- Powerful explosion rocks 'sensitive' Israeli missile factory Press TV 21 Apr 2021 -- A powerful explosion has rocked a sensitive Israeli missile factory during a test for advanced weapons, according to a report.
- Explosion at Israeli Rocket Factory Part of Deliberate, 'Controlled' Trial, State Contractor Says Sputnik 21 Apr 2021 -- Tomer is an Israeli state-owned defense firm that produces propulsion systems for missiles and rockets, including the Shavit satellite launcher and the EXTRA artillery rocket. Videos circulated on social media Tuesday morning of a large explosion occurring at the factory with speculation that it was a form of retaliation by Iran.
- Palestinian prime minister: Israel's settlement activity needs to be stopped Press TV 19 Apr 2021 -- Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh says there needs to be an immediate halt to Israel's new settlement expansion scheme in the occupied Palestinian territories.
- Israel starts construction of new illegal settler units in northern Jordan Valley Press TV 19 Apr 2021 -- Israeli authorities have begun the construction of new settler units in the Jordan Valley, despite strong international condemnation of the Tel Aviv regime's land grab policies in the occupied Palestinian territories.
- Israel Lifts Its Mask Mandate on Sunday VOA 18 Apr 2021 -- With nearly 60% of its population receiving the first COVID-19 vaccine, Israel is lifting its requirement Sunday to wear masks outdoors. The mask mandate remains in place, however, for enclosed spaces.
- Israel Announces Record $1.6 Bln Defence Deal With Greece Sputnik 18 Apr 2021 -- Israel and Greece have signed the biggest defence agreement in the history of their bilateral relations, worth approximately $1.6 billion, the Israeli Defence Ministry said on Sunday.
- Top Israeli general: 60% enrichment shows Iran's preparedness for attack Press TV 18 Apr 2021 -- The former head of military intelligence for the Israeli army says Iran's first ever launch of 60-percent uranium enrichment after a sabotage incident at Natanz last Sunday shows the country was prepared for the attack.
- Israel Warns It Will Do 'Whatever It Takes' to Prevent Iran From Obtaining Nuclear Weapons Sputnik 16 Apr 2021 -- The speaker of the Iranian parliament announced earlier today that the country had reached its goal to produce uranium enriched to 60 percent. The objective was announced just days after an incident involving the electricity distribution network at the Natanz nuclear facility, which Tehran blamed on Israel.
- Lebanon demands Israel halt gas exploration in its territories Press TV 15 Apr 2021 -- Lebanese President Michel Aoun has demanded that the Israeli regime stop all exploration in an offshore gas field on its southern border with occupied Palestinian territories.
- Iraqi group claims responsibility for attacking Mossad center in Erbil Press TV 14 Apr 2021 -- An Iraqi group has claimed responsibility for an attack on a facility serving Israel's spy agency Mossad in the northern Iraqi Kurdistan Region's capital Erbil.
- Israeli regime behind Natanz site sabotage: Vaezi IRNA 14 Apr 2021 -- Chief of Staff of Presidential Office Mahmoud Vaezi said on Wednesday that the Israeli regime was behind sabotage act in Natanz nuclear site, adding that such measure drove Iran to IR6 centrifuge chain and 60-percent enrichment.
- Readout from NSC Spokesperson Emily Horne on National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan Leading a Virtual Meeting of the U.S.-Israel Strategic Consultative Group The White House 13 Apr 2021
- Israeli PM says not to allow Iran to obtain nuclear weapons People's Daily 13 Apr 2021 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said on Monday that Israel will never allow Iran to obtain nuclear weapons.
- US Defense Secretary Meets with Israelis on Iran VOA 12 Apr 2021 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Lloyd Austin is in Israel Monday, meeting with Israeli officials about Iran. The meeting comes as a power failure at the Iranian nuclear site of Natanz reportedly caused massive damage to Iranian centrifuges. Iranian officials blamed Israel and threatened to avenge the attack.
- Secretary of Defense Austin Remarks With Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu in Jerusalem DoD 12 Apr 2021 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III; Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu
- Secretary of Defense Conducts Media Availability, Israel DoD 12 Apr 2021 -- Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III; Pentagon Press Secretary John F. Kirby
- Netanyahu, Austin Agree U.S., Israeli Relationship Like a Family DoD News 12 Apr 2021 -- The United States and Israel are more than just allies, Israeli Prime Minister Bibi Netanyahu and Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III said following meetings in Jerusalem, "We are family."
- Austin Says U.S. Commitment to Israel Remains 'Ironclad' DoD News 11 Apr 2021 -- The United States' commitment to Israel's existence and security began moments after Prime Minister David Ben-Gurion proclaimed the establishment of the state of Israel in 1948.
- Pentagon Chief Austin Reaffirms US Alliance With Israel VOA 11 Apr 2021 -- U.S. Secretary of Defense Lloyd Austin met with Israeli counterpart Benny Gantz on Sunday during a two-day trip to the Middle Eastern country.
- April 11 Joint Press Statement by Secretary of Defense Lloyd J. Austin III and Israeli Minister of Defense Benny Gantz DoD 11 Apr 2021
- Israel says will not cooperate with ICC war crimes probe Press TV 09 Apr 2021 -- Prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel will tell the International Criminal Court that it will not cooperate with its investigation into possible war crimes in the occupied Palestinian territories.
- Israel's Netanyahu mandated to form new cabinet amid political stalemate Press TV 06 Apr 2021 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has been tasked with forming a new cabinet after another inconclusive election last month further deepened the Israeli regime's political crisis.
- Israel's Netanyahu Receives Mandate to Form New Government Sputnik 06 Apr 2021 -- The veteran Likud politician served as prime minister from 1996-1999, and again from 2009-2013, 2013-2015, 2015-2019, 2019-2020 and 2020-present, with the last three terms served amidst a costly and tumultuous political deadlock in Israeli politics, and allegations of fraud, bribery and breach of trust against Netanyahu himself.
- Israeli President Picks Netanyahu to Try to Form Government VOA 06 Apr 2021 -- Israeli President Reuven Rivlin announced Tuesday he selected Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to try to form a new government.
- Sudan's Cabinet Votes to Remove Anti-Israel Law VOA 06 Apr 2021 -- Sudan's Cabinet approved a bill Tuesday that will roll back a 63-year-old law that strained relations between the country and Israel, according to a statement.
- Israeli President Starts Consultations With Parties on Government Formation Sputnik 05 Apr 2021 -- Israel's President Reuven Rivlin began consultations on Monday with the representatives of the political parties in parliament to entrust one of them with forming a new government, as the country continues its months-long streak without a viable coalition.
- Iran Reportedly Arrests 'Israeli Spy' in Country's Northwest, State TV Says Sputnik 05 Apr 2021 -- Iran's intelligence services have waged an asymmetrical battle with their Israeli, Saudi, and US adversaries since the Revolution of 1979, which ended the country's status as a US puppet and established it as a sovereign republic with an Islamic-republican system of government.
- Israeli Military Says Receives New Spy Aircraft to Better Identify Targets in Iraq, Iran, Yemen Sputnik 04 Apr 2021 -- According to its developer, the plane is equipped with a variety of cutting-edge sensors, including an advanced radar system and artificial intelligence, and is capable of identifying targets even in bad weather conditions.
- Israel reports 367 new COVID-19 cases, 833,407 in total People's Daily 02 Apr 2021 -- Israel's Ministry of Health reported 367 new COVID-19 cases on Thursday, raising the total confirmed tally in the country to 833,407.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Israeli Foreign Minister Ashkenazi US Dept. of State 02 Apr 2021
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list