Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
December 2020 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Jonathan Pollard, Israel spy freed by Trump, greeted by Netanyahu Press TV 31 Dec 2020 -- Jonathan Pollard, an American jailed for 30 years in the United States for spying for Israel, landed in Tel Aviv on Wednesday to a hero's welcome led by prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Syria urges UNSC to take firm action against Israeli acts of aggression Press TV 31 Dec 2020 -- In the wake of a new Israeli aerial assault, Syria has called on the United Nations Security Council to assume its responsibility and take "firm and immediate" action to end such acts of aggression by the Tel Aviv regime.
- Syrian air defenses thwart Israeli aggression on Damascus: SANA Press TV 30 Dec 2020 -- Syria says the country's air defenses have thwarted an Israeli aggression on the capital Damascus amid an upsurge in Israeli attacks on the Arab country.
- Spying for a Friend: Why Jonathan Pollard Spent 30 Years in US Jail for Selling Secrets to Israel Sputnik 30 Dec 2020 -- US citizen Jonathan Pollard, who served 30 years in jail for spying for Israel, has arrived at Ben Gurion airport. He was welcomed by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Former Spy Pollard Arrives in Israel, Reports Say Sputnik 30 Dec 2020 -- US citizen and former Jewish American spy Jonathan Pollard, who served 30 years in jail and five years on strict parole for spying for Israel, landed in the Ben Gurion airport on Wednesday and was welcomed by Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, the Haaretz newspaper reported.
- Convicted Spy Jonathan Pollard Arrives in Israel VOA 30 Dec 2020 -- Thirty-five years after he was convicted in the United States of spying for Israel, former U.S. Navy analyst Jonathan Pollard arrived Wednesday in Tel Aviv with his wife Esther. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu met him at the plane with his new Israeli identity card. Pollard, who served 30 years in a U.S. prison, was on parole for five years before the U.S. allowed him to leave the country.
- Palestinian PM urges international community to stop Israel's settlement construction plans Press TV 28 Dec 2020 -- Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammad Shtayyeh has urged the international community to halt Israel's illegal settlement expansion activities in the occupied Palestinian territories, as the Tel Aviv regime gets ready to hold its fourth general elections within less than two years.
- Iran Warns Israel Against Crossing Red Line Amid Reports of Sub Deployment to Persian Gulf Sputnik 28 Dec 2020 -- A spokesman for Iran's foreign ministry warned on Monday that Israel risked crossing a red line after media said that an Israeli submarine was sent to the Persian Gulf as a deterrent.
- Israeli minister orders prisons not to vaccinate Palestinian inmates against COVID-19 Press TV 27 Dec 2020 -- An Israeli minister has ordered prison officials not to vaccinate Palestinian prisoners against COVID-19, saying certain prisoners should not be given vaccines without permission.
- Any Israeli attack on Yemen will set Middle East ablaze: Foreign ministry official Press TV 27 Dec 2020 -- An official from the Yemeni Foreign Ministry has warned Israel against an act of military aggression against the Arab country, stressing that such a measure will spark off an all-out war in the Middle East and the regime will be the first to suffer.
- Russia defends envoy amid Israel's ire over criticism of Tel Aviv Press TV 26 Dec 2020 -- Russia has defended its envoy to Tel Aviv, who was summoned to the Israeli foreign ministry over an interview critical of the occupying entity, saying his remarks are perfectly in line with Moscow's well-known position on Middle East issues.
- Netanyahu has 'friendly' call with Morocco's king, invites him to visit Israel after normalization deal Press TV 26 Dec 2020 -- Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu has invited Morocco's King Mohammed VI to Tel Aviv in the wake of the US-sponsored normalization deal between the regime and the North African country.
- Turkey's Erdogan says Israel's policies toward Palestinians 'unacceptable' Press TV 25 Dec 2020 -- Turkey's President Recep Tayyip Erdogan says Israel's policies toward Palestinians are "unacceptable" and are hindering better ties between Turkey and the Tel Aviv regime.
- Turkey Wants to Improve Ties With Israel But is Against Its Stance on PNA, Erdogan Says Sputnik 25 Dec 2020 -- Turkey is in favor of normalizing relations with Israel, however, its policy on Palestinian National Authiriy is unacceptable for Ankara, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan said Friday.
- Syria repels Israeli warplanes' missile barrage targeting Hama Press TV 25 Dec 2020 -- Syria's air defenses repel a missile attack launched by Israeli warplanes from the Lebanese airspace against the western Syrian city of Hama's countryside.
- At Least Six Fighters Reported Killed In Israeli Strikes In Syria RFE/RL 25 Dec 2020 -- A British-based group monitoring the Syrian conflict says least six Iran-backed fighters have been killed in an Israeli rocket attack in central Syria.
- Israeli Attacks on Syria Undermine Regional Stability, Damascus Says Sputnik 25 Dec 2020 -- Israel's repetitive attacks against Syria undermine regional stability, violate UN Security Council resolutions and will not be left without an appropriate response, the Syrian Foreign Ministry said on Friday.
- Israel detects 4 infections with new COVID-19 strain People's Daily 24 Dec 2020 -- The Israeli Ministry of Health said Wednesday that four cases of infection with the new strain of coronavirus were detected in the country.
- Netanyahu Says Israel Not to Allow Pro-Iranian Armed Groups to Gain Foothold in Syria Sputnik 24 Dec 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said at the graduation ceremony of the Israeli Air Force Flight Academy that the Jewish state would not allow Iran and pro-Iranian armed groups to gain a foothold in Syria.
- Tunisian Foreign Ministry Denies Plans to Establish Diplomatic Relations With Israel Sputnik 22 Dec 2020 -- Tunisia has no intention to establish diplomatic relations with Israel or participate in any initiatives that directly or collaterally violate the rights of Palestinians, the Tunisian Foreign Ministry said on Tuesday.
- Israeli Submarine Reportedly Crossed Suez in 'Message' to Iran as US Warships Enter Persian Gulf Sputnik 22 Dec 2020 -- A US nuclear-powered submarine entered the Persian Gulf through the Strait of Hormuz on 21 December as part of Washington's latest deterrence mission against Iran as tensions spiked after Secretary of State Mike Pompeo blamed Iranian-backed militias for a rocket attack on the American Embassy compound in Baghdad on Sunday.
- Israel Heads to Fourth Election in Less Than 2 Years VOA 23 Dec 2020 -- Israel is headed for a fourth election in under two years, as the government failed to pass a budget and also faces a third lockdown because of spiking COVID-19 cases.
- UN envoy warns of Israel's plan to cut north West Bank off from south Press TV 22 Dec 2020 -- The United Nations special envoy for the Middle East warns that the Israeli regime is seeking to cut the northern part of the West Bank from the occupied territory's south.
- Israel-Lebanon Maritime Negotiations US Dept. of State 22 Dec 2020 -- "Earlier this year, the Israeli and Lebanese governments sought U.S. assistance in mediating an agreement on their maritime boundary."
- Knesset rejects bill to delay budget Israel heading to 4th vote in 2 years as Knesset tosses out election prevention bill Press TV 22 Dec 2020 -- Israel is on an almost certain course for a fourth election within less than two years after legislators narrowly rejected a bill that would have deferred the deadline for passing next year's budget, raising the likelihood that the Knesset (parliament) will dissolve.
- Israel bans flights from Britain over new COVID-19 variant Global Times 21 Dec 2020 -- Israel on Sunday announced a ban on flights from Britain following the discovery of a fast-spreading variant of COVID-19.
- Turkey Poised for Reset in Relations With Israel VOA 21 Dec 2020 -- Relations between Israel and Turkey could be on the verge of a breakthrough, with a Turkish presidential adviser confirming bilateral talks and that full diplomatic relations could be restored by March. Relations between the once close allies all but collapsed with Turkey withdrawing its ambassador in 2017, amid escalating tensions.
- Israel's Netanyahu gets vaccinated for COVID-19 People's Daily 20 Dec 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu got vaccinated for the COVID-19 virus on a live television broadcast Saturday evening.
- Pakistani PM firmly rejects Israeli ties as 'baseless', publicity campaign Press TV 19 Dec 2020 -- Pakistani Prime Minister Imran Khan has rejected as "baseless" reports of his government officials visiting Israel, insisting why would any of the ministers visit Tel Aviv when Islamabad does not recognize the occupying regime.
- Netanyahu to Become First Israeli to Receive COVID-19 Vaccine Sputnik 16 Dec 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is set to be the first person in Israel to be vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Israel Performs First Successful Tests of Sea-Based Missile Defense System Sputnik 15 Dec 2020 -- Tests of a new sea-based aerial defense system were performed during the past few weeks. The so-called Iron Dome and David's Sling and Arrow are short-, medium- and long-range missiles, designed to intercept a variety of objects, including enemy aircraft, drones, ballistic missiles, medium- to long-range rockets and cruise missiles.
- US formally removes Sudan from 'terror' blacklist after normalization with Israel Press TV 14 Dec 2020 -- Washington has now formally withdrawn Sudan from its blacklist of state sponsors of "terrorism" after the African country's military-led government agreed to normalize ties with the Israeli regime, the US embassy in Khartoum declared.
- Dozens of Israeli Firms Reportedly Hit by Massive Iranian Cyberattack Sputnik 14 Dec 2020 -- Dozens of Israel's companies, including logistics ones, have been subjected to a wide-scale cyberattack supposedly carried out by an Iranian hacker group, according to Israeli media.
- Moroccan foreign minister says Israel ties 'already normal' Press TV 13 Dec 2020 -- The Moroccan foreign minister says the country already enjoys special friendly relations with the Israeli regime, and this goes back to even before the two sides reached an agreement on normalization of ties.
- Israel establishes 'formal diplomatic ties' with Bhutan Press TV 12 Dec 2020 -- The Israeli regime says it has signed a deal with Bhutan to establish diplomatic relations with the relatively-isolated Himalayan nation.
- Israel, Bhutan Establish Full Diplomatic Relations, Israeli Foreign Ministry Says Sputnik 12 Dec 2020 -- Israel and Bhutan on Saturday signed an agreement on normalizing diplomatic relations between the two countries for the first time, the Israeli Foreign Ministry said.
- Saudi played role in Morocco-Israel normalization: Report Press TV 12 Dec 2020 -- Saudi Arabia has reportedly played a role in the recent US-mediated normalization agreement between Morocco and the occupying Israeli regime.
- Hezbollah condemns Morocco-Israel agreement on normalization of relations Press TV 12 Dec 2020 -- Lebanon's Hezbollah resistance movement has strongly condemned the so-called agreement between Morocco and the Israeli regime on the normalization of relations, stressing that the Arab countries having relations with Tel Aviv will soon regret their move.
- Algeria's Prime Minister Voices Security Concerns Over Morocco-Israel Rapprochement Sputnik 12 Dec 2020 -- The recently-signed agreement on normalization of relations between Morocco and Israel points to the latter's pursuit to anchor itself in Northern Africa, Algerian Prime Minister Abdelaziz Djerad said on Saturday.
- On Progress Toward Peace US Dept. of State 11 Dec 2020 -- "The agreement reached yesterday between Israel and Morocco to normalize relations is another remarkable step toward peace."
- IDF Admits Conducting Operations in Syria, Claims to Have Slowed Iran's Alleged 'Entrenchment' There Sputnik 11 Dec 2020 -- Syria has suffered from hundreds of airstrikes in recent years, but in most cases no one has claimed responsibility for them. Local media blame Israel for the attacks, but Tel Aviv has officially acknowledged its involvement only in a few of the strikes, while leaving the rest without comment.
- Israeli Foreign Minister Ashkenazi Welcomes Normalisation of Ties With Morocco Sputnik 11 Dec 2020 -- Israeli Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi has welcomed the renewal of relations between his country and another Arab country â€“ Morocco, brokered by US President Donald Trump and his team.
- Netanyahu Hails 'Warm Relationship' as Israel and Morocco Establish Full Diplomatic Ties VOA 11 Dec 2020 -- Israel and Morocco have agreed to normalize ties, U.S. President Donald Trump announced Thursday, making Morocco the fourth Arab country to establish diplomatic relations with Israel in the past four months. Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is expected to hold a phone conversation with Morocco's King Mohammed VI on Friday, with President Trump on the call. As part of the deal, the U.S. agreed to recognize Morocco's control of the Western Sahara.
- PM Netanyahu's remarks on the establishment of relations between Israel and Morocco Israel MFA 10 Dec 2020 -- PM Netanyahu: We'll resume liaison offices quickly between Israel and Morocco and work as rapidly as possible to establish full diplomatic relations. This will be a very warm peace. Peace has never shone brighter than today in the Middle East.
- US Brokers Deal Establishing Ties Between Morocco, Israel VOA 10 Dec 2020 -- In a U.S.-brokered deal, Israel and Morocco have agreed to recognize each other.
- Morocco, Israel reach US-brokered normalization amid Palestinians' condemnation Press TV 10 Dec 2020 -- Morocco and Israel have reached a US-brokered agreement on normalizing relations, making Morocco the fourth Arab country - after the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain and Sudan â€“ to agree to a normalization deal with the Tel Aviv regime since August.
- Israel receives 1st batch of Pfizer vaccine People's Daily 10 Dec 2020 -- An initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines from Pfizer arrived in Israel on Wednesday morning, the first of about 8 million Pfizer vaccines that the country is expected to receive.
- Nigeria intelligence agency using Israeli spyware to monitor dissidents, other citizens: Report Press TV 09 Dec 2020 -- A new report has revealed that Nigeriaâ€™s Defense Intelligence Agency has acquired Israeli spyware to monitor phone calls and text messages of dissidents and other citizens.
- Israel evicts Syrians in occupied Golan Heights to establish wind turbines Press TV 07 Dec 2020 -- Israeli forces have closed a number of the main entrances to the villages in the occupied Golan Heights of Syria, barring the locals from reaching their farms, where the Tel Aviv regime wants to set up wind turbines.
- Ex-Saudi spy chief rips Israel after Netanyahu trip exposÃ© Press TV 07 Dec 2020 -- Saudi Arabia's former influential spymaster has laid into the Israeli regime in strong-worded remarks after Israel's media outlets exposed a trip by the Israeli prime minister to the kingdom.
- Minister: Sudan junta forging Israeli ties without informing civilian government Press TV 07 Dec 2020 -- Sudan's Information Minister Faisal Mohamed Salih has criticized the military for developing relations with Israel without informing civilian officials of the country's ruling council.
- Israel approves plan for building 4 new settlement projects: Report Press TV 06 Dec 2020 -- The Israeli regime has approved four new settlement projects in the occupied West Bank, and is planning construction of 9,000 settlement units north of Jerusalem al-Quds, Palestinian and Israeli media report.
- Israeli spy chief's visit to Saudi cancelled after Netanyahu meeting leaks: Report Press TV 05 Dec 2020 -- Saudi Arabian officials have reportedly cancelled a planned visit by the head of Israel's Mossad spy agency, Yossi Cohen, after details of Israeli prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu's secret trip to the kingdom were leaked.
- UAE seeking to purchase Israel's Iron Dome missile system: Report Press TV 03 Dec 2020 -- More than two months after the United Arab Emirates signed a US-brokered agreement at the White house to normalize relations with the Tel Aviv regime, Abu Dhabi's crown prince and de facto ruler of the Persian Gulf country is now interested in purchasing Israeli Iron Dome missile system.
- Israel Urges Citizens To Avoid Georgia, Azerbaijan, Citing Iran Threat RFE/RL 03 Dec 2020 -- Israel's government is warning that Israeli targets abroad could come under attack by Iran, citing threats issued by Tehran following the killing of a prominent Iranian nuclear scientist last week.
- Military to visit Israel in 2021 to learn about its reserve system CNA 02 Dec 2020 -- Taiwan's military will send a delegation to Israel next year to learn about that country's reserve force system as it prepares to overhaul its own reserve forces, a senior defense official said Wednesday.
- Israeli Lawmakers Give Preliminary Approval to Dissolve Knesset, Paving Way for New Election Sputnik 02 Dec 2020 -- Previously, Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu refused to pass a budget and renew the coalition's power-sharing deal with the Blue and White party of Defence Minister Benny Gantz.
- Iran's intelligence ministry identifies Fakhrizadeh assassins: Gov't spokesman IRNA 02 Dec 2020 -- Government spokesman Ali Rabiei said on Wednesday that Iran's Intelligence Ministry has already launched investigation into assassination of top Iranian scientist Martyr Mohsen Fakhrizadeh and identified perpetrators of the terrorist attack.
- Iran intelligence Ministry identifies individuals involved in scientist assassination: Govt. spokesman Press TV 02 Dec 2020 -- The Iranian administration says the country's Intelligence Ministry has identified the individuals involved in the assassination of senior scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh.
- Israel behind assassination of Iranian scientist: US official Press TV 02 Dec 2020 -- A senior American official has acknowledged that the Israeli regime was behind the assassination of an Iranian scientist, CNN reports.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list