Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
November 2020 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Next round of Israel-Lebanon maritime border talks postponed Press TV 30 Nov 2020 -- An upcoming round of indirect negotiations between Lebanon and Israel on the demarcation of Lebanese southern maritime border with the occupying regime has been postponed, officials on both sides say.
- Israeli Prosecutor Reportedly Asks to Delay Submarine Purchase Probe Over Prejudice Concerns Sputnik 30 Nov 2020 -- The prosecutor general of Israel, Avichai Mendelblit, has asked Defence Minister Benny Gantz to pause the work of the inspection committee, recently formed to investigate the purchase of submarines and corvettes from German shipbuilder ThyssenKrupp, to avoid prejudicing the inquiry, the Haaretz newspaper reported.
- Submarines, F-35's take center stage in fresh anti-Netanyahu rallies Press TV 29 Nov 2020 -- Foreign arms deals, green-lighted by Benjamin Netanyahu, have taken center stage in fresh massive protests against the scandal-ridden Israeli prime minister.
- Israel has long history of assassinating scientific elites across world Press TV 29 Nov 2020 -- The assassination of Iranian prominent physicist and nuclear scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh, who played a leading role in the search for "homegrown test kits for COVID-19," carries fingerprints of the Israeli regime, which has long history of murdering scientific elites across parts of the world.
- Serious indications of Israeli role in scientist assassination: Zarif Press TV 29 Nov 2020 -- Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says the recent assassination of a senior Iranian nuclear scientist bears the clear hallmark of atrocities committed by the Israeli regime, which has already murdered a number of Iran's scientific elites.
- Iran Accuses U.S., Israel In Killing Of Top Nuclear Scientist RFE/RL 28 Nov 2020 -- Iran's supreme leader has called for retaliation for the assassination of the country's top nuclear scientist, raising concerns about a new confrontation between Iran and Israel or the United States.
- Iran's Rohani Accuses U.S., Israel In Killing Of Top Nuclear Scientist Radio Farda 28 Nov 2020 -- Iranian President Hassan Rohani has accused Israel of acting as a "mercenary" for the United States in connection with the assassination of Iran's top nuclear scientist near Tehran.
- Iran holds US, Israel responsible for Fakhrizadeh assassination IRNA 28 Nov 2020 -- Ambassador and Permanent Representative of the Islamic Republic of Iran to the United Nations (UN) Majid Takht Ravanchi held US and the Israeli regimes accountable for assassination of the Iranian scientist Mohsen Fakhrizadeh.
- Iran Says There Are 'Serious Indications of Israeli Responsibility' in Nulcear Scientist's Murder Sputnik 27 Nov 2020 -- Iranian officials earlier said that its prominent Iranian nuclear physicist was targeted by the Israeli intelligence agency Mossad, calling on the international community to condemn the attack.
- Iran Blames Israel For 'Terrorist' Attack That Killed Top Nuclear Scientist RFE/RL 27 Nov 2020 -- Iran's most senior nuclear scientist has been assassinated near Tehran by "armed terrorists" in an attack that Iran said bore the hallmarks of an Israeli operation.
- Javad Zarif Hints at Israeli 'Role' in Killing of Iran's Top Nuclear Scientist Sputnik 27 Nov 2020 -- Earlier Friday, Iranian officials confirmed media reports that Mohsen Fakhrizadeh-Mahabadi, a high-ranking Iranian nuclear scientist, had been killed in an apparent gun and bomb-based assassination attack about 175 km east of Tehran.
- Israel vows to 'legalize' dozens of settler outposts in West Bank before Trump leaves White House Press TV 26 Nov 2020 -- Israel has vowed to "legalize" dozens of settler outposts in the occupied West Bank before outgoing US President Donald Trump leaves the White House in January.
- Israeli Occupation Cost Gaza Strip $16.7Bln in 11 Years Sputnik 26 Nov 2020 -- The Israeli occupation of the Gaza Strip cost the Palestinian territory an estimated $16.7 in just over a decade, a new report by the UN Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) said.
- UN says Israeli siege cost Gaza Strip $16.7 billion Press TV 26 Nov 2020 -- The United Nations (UN) says the Israeli blockade of the Gaza Strip has cost the densely-populated Palestinian enclave an estimated $16.7 billion in economic losses and sent poverty and unemployment skyrocketing.
- Palestinians Ready to Renew Direct Negotiations With Israel, Foreign Minister Says Sputnik 26 Nov 2020 -- Palestinians are ready to renew direct negotiations with Israel if they are based on the respect to the UN resolutions and the Arab Peace Initiative, Minister of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates of the Palestinian National Authority (PA) Riad Malki said during the MED 2020 virtual conference.
- Russia denounces Pompeo's visit to occupied Golan as 'provocation' Press TV 26 Nov 2020 -- Russia has censured as "a provocation" a contentious visit by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to the Israeli-occupied side of Syria's Golan Heights, saying the Arab country's sovereignty and territorial integrity should be respected.
- UK response to settlements in Har Homa UK FCDO 25 Nov 2020 -- The UK is deeply concerned by the Government of Israel's decision to advance the construction of 540 new buildings in the existing settlement of Har Homa, in southern Jerusalem.
- UN report finds Gaza suffered $16.7 billion loss from siege and occupation UN News 25 Nov 2020 -- Israel's military operations and prolonged closure of Gaza, has caused economic damage of $16.7 billion between 2007 and 2018, driving the poverty rate up almost fourfold compared to what it might have otherwise been, the UN trade and development agency UNCTAD said in a report published on Wednesday.
- Syrian media report fresh Israeli aggression near Damascus, Syria's south Press TV 25 Nov 2020 -- Syrian media say Israel has launched fresh airstrikes on several positions in southern Syria and outside the capital, Damascus, the second such attack in a week.
- Pro-Iran Fighters Reported Killed In Israeli Strikes In Syria RFE/RL 25 Nov 2020 -- A British-based group monitoring the Syrian conflict says eight pro-Iranian militiamen have been killed in alleged overnight Israeli air strikes.
- Israeli Military Told to Prepare for Possible US Strike on Iran Ahead of Trump Exit - Report Sputnik 25 Nov 2020 -- Tensions with Iran under the Trump administration came to a head after the US withdrew from the Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action (JCPOA) in 2018 and began to reimpose sanctions previously lifted under the nuclear deal. Relations worsened even further after US strikes in January killed Quds Force commander Maj. Gen. Qasem Soleimani.
- Israeli Army Says Held Drills Near Border With Gaza Strip Sputnik 25 Nov 2020 -- The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) said that they held a military exercise near the border with the Gaza Strip involving the Gaza Division, as well as units of the Air and Space Force, Navy, Cyber Defense and intelligence.
- Pakistan: No plans to recognize Israel until independent Palestinian state formed Press TV 25 Nov 2020 -- Pakistani has roundly dismissed media speculation that the South Asian country would recognize Israel, following reports of a meeting between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman.
- Israel claims it's ready for talks with Hamas to 'improve conditions in Gaza' Press TV 24 Nov 2020 -- Israel's minister of military affairs claims the Zionist regime is prepared for talks with the Gaza-based Palestinian resistance movement Hamas.
- Israel's Netanyahu will soon visit Manama at invitation of Bahraini crown prince Press TV 24 Nov 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he will visit Bahrain "soon" at the invitation of the Persian Gulf kingdom's Crown Prince and Prime Minister Salman bin Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifah, weeks after the two sides signed a controversial normalization deal.
- Israeli Delegation Visit to Sudan Aims to Improve Relations VOA 24 Nov 2020 -- A delegation from Israel visited Sudan Monday for talks aimed at advancing a U.S.-brokered deal to establish formal relations. Sudan is the third Arab government looking to improve relations with Israel with Washington's support.
- Pakistan: No Plans to Recognize Israel VOA 24 Nov 2020 -- Pakistan reiterated Tuesday it will not establish relations with Israel until there is "a viable, independent and contiguous" Palestinian state acceptable to the Palestinians.
- Hamas blasts Netanyahu's visit to Saudi Arabia as 'insult' to Palestinian cause Press TV 23 Nov 2020 -- The Palestinian Hamas resistance movement has denounced Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's secret flight to Saudi Arabia, where he reportedly met with Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, calling the move an "insult" to the Palestinian cause.
- Saudi Foreign Minister Denies Crown Prince Meeting Israeli Officials Sputnik 23 Nov 2020 -- Media reports earlier emerged suggesting Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu had made an unannounced trip to see the Saudi crown prince, around the time he had been scheduled to meet US Secretary of State Secretary Mike Pompeo.
- Netanyahu secretly visits Saudi Arabia, meets bin Salman: Report Press TV 23 Nov 2020 -- Israeli media are reporting that prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu met Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman and US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo during a secret visit to Saudi Arabia Sunday.
- Reports: Israeli PM Netanyahu Made Secret Visit to Saudi Arabia VOA 23 Nov 2020 -- Israeli media report that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu traveled to Saudi Arabia Sunday and held a secret meeting with Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman, and U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. The Saudi foreign minister denied the reports and Netanyahu refused to comment. Israel sees Saudi Arabia as the key to a moderate axis in the Middle East that can challenge Iran.
- Israel ratifies first ever visa-free agreement with UAE Press TV 23 Nov 2020 -- Israel ratifies an unprecedented treaty signed with the United Arab Emirates that enables people to travel visa-free from the occupied territories to the Emirates and vice versa.
- Israel sends first delegation to Sudan since normalization deal Press TV 23 Nov 2020 -- Israel has sent its first delegation to Sudan after they agreed on a US-brokered deal to normalize ties last month.
- Israel's Gantz sets up panel to probe Netanyahu submarine scandal Press TV 23 Nov 2020 -- Israel's minister of military affairs Benny Gantz has announced the formation of a commission to investigate the purchase of submarines and missile boats from Germany that has embroiled several close associates of prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu.
- Netanyahu warns Biden: No return to Iran nuclear deal Press TV 23 Nov 2020 -- Israel's hawkish prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu has warned the incoming US administration against returning to the 2015 nuclear agreement with Iran, which President-elect Joe Biden has indicated to do after taking office.
- US clears way for convicted Israeli spy to move to Israel Press TV 22 Nov 2020 -- Former US Navy Intelligence officer and convicted Israeli spy Jonathan Pollard has been cleared to travel to Israel despite his life-imprisonment sentence back in 1986 amid welcoming statement by top Israeli officials.
- Riyadh supports 'full normalization' with Israel: Saudi FM Press TV 22 Nov 2020 -- The Saudi foreign minister says his country supports "full normalization" of ties with the Israeli regime provided that its only precondition is met.
- Netanyahu Instructs Next US President Not to Return to Iran Nuclear Deal Sputnik 22 Nov 2020 -- The Biden campaign has hinted that the candidate may seek to rejoin or "renegotiate" the 2015 Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action nuclear deal with Iran if he were to win. Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif dismissed any talk of "renegotiation," saying the only acceptable option would be for Washington to return to the existing agreement.
- Pompeo Visits Israeli Settlement in West Bank, Denounces International Boycott of Israel VOA 19 Nov 2020 -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo today became the first senior U.S. official to visit a Jewish settlement in the West Bank. He also announced that from now on, goods made in Jewish settlements in the West Bank will be labeled Made in Israel. The visit is expected to be his last before President-elect Biden is inaugurated.
- Syria, Arab League condemn Pompeo's visit to occupied West Bank, Golan Heights Press TV 19 Nov 2020 -- The Arab League and the government of Syria have categorically condemned US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo's visit to the occupied territories of Palestine in West Bank and the occupied portion of Syria's Golan Heights, describing it as a clear violation of international law.
- Pompeo makes controversial visit to an Israeli settlement Press TV 19 Nov 2020 -- US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo reiterates Washington's support for Israel's settlement activities as he pays a visit to a settlement project in the occupied West Bank.
- Arab League Condemns Pompeo's Visit to West Bank Jewish Settlement and Golan Heights Sputnik 19 Nov 2020 -- Arab League Secretary-General Ahmed Aboul Gheit condemned on Thursday the unprecedented visit by the top US diplomat to the Golan Heights and a Jewish settlement in the West Bank.
- Goods Made in Israeli West Bank Settlements to Be Branded 'Made in Israel' by US, Pompeo Says Sputnik 19 Nov 2020 -- The new policy also involves separate labeling for goods made in areas of the West Bank administered by the Palestinian Authority and for goods made in Gaza.
- Pompeo Pays First Visit to West Bank Jewish Settlement, Golan Heights as US State Secretary Sputnik 19 Nov 2020 -- Earlier this year, Israel had to suspend its plans to extend its sovereignty over parts of the West Bank as part of the US-mediated accord that stipulates the normalisation of relations between Israel and the UAE.
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo and Israeli Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi US Dept. of State 19 Nov 2020
- Marking of Country of Origin US Dept. of State 19 Nov 2020 -- "Today, the Department of State is initiating new guidelines to ensure that country of origin markings for Israeli and Palestinian goods are consistent with our reality-based foreign policy approach. In accordance with this announcement, all producers within areas where Israel exercises the relevant authorities â€“ most notably Area C under the Oslo Accords - will be required to mark goods as "Israel", "Product of Israel", or "Made in Israel" when exporting to the United States."
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo and Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu US Dept. of State 19 Nov 2020
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo and Israeli Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi US Dept. of State 19 Nov 2020
- Envoy welcomes restart of Israeli-Palestinian coordination amid COVID-19 rise UN News 18 Nov 2020 -- With COVID-19 cases on the rise in the Middle East following weeks of decline, the top UN official in the region has welcomed the Palestinian Authority's decision to resume coordination with Israel.
- Ministerial statement on settlements in Givat HaMatos UK FCDO 18 Nov 2020 -- Statement from Minister Cleverly on Israel's decision to advance the construction of settlement buildings in Givat HaMatos
- Syria intercepts Israeli aggression over Damascus; casualties reported Press TV 18 Nov 2020 -- Syrian media say the country's air defenses have confronted an Israeli aggression over the capital Damascus, also reporting a number of casualties.
- Israel Strikes Syrian, Iranian Forces In Syria RFE/RL 18 Nov 2020 -- Israel said it launched air strikes against a number of Syrian army and Iranian Quds Force targets in Syria on November 19 after roadside bombs were uncovered along the frontier in the Israeli-held Golan Heights.
- Israel Launches Retaliatory Airstrikes in Syria VOA 18 Nov 2020 -- The Israeli military said Wednesday it carried out airstrikes against Syrian and Iranian targets inside of Syria in response to what it said were explosive devices placed along the border in the Golan Heights.
- Secretary Pompeo's Trilateral Meeting with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu and Bahraini Foreign Minister Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani US Dept. of State 18 Nov 2020
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and Bahraini Foreign Minister Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani Before Their Meeting US Dept. of State 18 Nov 2020
- Pompeo Touts Normalization of Ties Between Israel, Bahrain VOA 18 Nov 2020 -- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo reiterated America's support for the normalization of relations between Israel and Bahrain during talks Wednesday between the two nations in Jerusalem.
- Israel's new settlement plan for occupied Quds draws more intl. condemnation Press TV 17 Nov 2020 -- Israel's plans to build more than 1,200 new settler units in occupied Palestinian territories have drawn further international condemnation, with the Arab League calling it a "dangerous" move that needs to be addressed properly.
- Palestinian Authority to Revive Coordination With Israel After a Six Month Halt Sputnik 17 Nov 2020 -- In May, following a commitment by Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to extend sovereignty over parts of the West Bank in July, in accordance with the US President Trump's peace plan, Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas announced that he now considered all agreements with Israel and the US to be void until the Trump plan is abandoned.
- Exclusive: Sudan minister reveals US pressured Sudan to normalize with Israel Press TV 17 Nov 2020 -- US President Donald Trump placed Sudan under "heavy pressure" to normalize relations with the occupying regime of Israel and sought to use the normalization deal as a card in his favor during the US presidential election on November 3, a Sudanese government minister has told Press TV.
- EU slams Israeli plans to construct new settler units in occupied Jerusalem al-Quds Press TV 16 Nov 2020 -- The European Union has condemned the latest Israeli plans to construct over 1,200 new settler units in occupied Jerusalem al-Quds, saying the Tel Aviv regime's settlement expansion activities prevent resumption of meaningful negotiations between Palestinians and Israel.
- UN decries Israel's settlement expansion in sensitive area Press TV 16 Nov 2020 -- The UN's Middle East peace envoy has decried an Israeli plan to expand a settlement in a sensitive area of East Jerusalem al-Quds, calling on Tel Aviv to "reverse this step".
- Israel to Go Ahead With Plans to Build 1,200 Homes in East Jerusalem VOA 16 Nov 2020 -- Israel has announced it will go ahead with plans to build more than 1,200 new homes in east Jerusalem. Palestinians say the move will make a future Palestinian state impossible as it will divide between Bethlehem and east Jerusalem.
- Hamas slams UAE for 'real support' of Israel's settlement expansion in West Bank Press TV 15 Nov 2020 -- The Palestinian resistance movement Hamas has lambasted the United Arab Emirates (UAE) over its "real support" for Israel's settlement expansion in the occupied West Bank.
- Israel to construct over 1,250 new settler units in East Jerusalem al-Quds Press TV 15 Nov 2020 -- Ignoring the international outcry against its settlement expansion policies, the Israeli regime is planning to build more than 1,250 settler units in the occupied East Jerusalem al-Quds.
- Niger engaged in secret talks to forge full ties with Israeli regime: Report Press TV 14 Nov 2020 -- Niger is reportedly in secret discussions with Israel about normalizing their relations, months after the United Arab Emirates (UAE), Bahrain and Sudan signed agreements to establish full diplomatic ties with the Tel Aviv regime.
- Iran rejects US media report on killing of senior al-Qaeda leader in Tehran Press TV 14 Nov 2020 -- Iran has categorically dismissed a US media report that one of the top leaders of the al-Qaeda terrorist group had been secretly killed by Washington-directed Israeli agents in the capital, Tehran.
- Iran dismisses claim about assassination of al-Qaeda official in Tehran IRNA 14 Nov 2020 -- Iran's Foreign Ministry spokesman Saeed Khatibzadeh on Saturday rejected the false news of the presence of al-Qaeda members in Iran and refused certain media reports claiming that one official of the terrorist group was assassinated in Iran.
- Iran dismisses report on killing of al-Qaeda element in Iran ISNA 14 Nov 2020 -- Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Saeed Khatibzadeh categorically denied media reports about the killing of an official of al-Qaeda terrorist group in Iran.
- Al-Qaeda's No. 2 Reportedly Killed In Secret Operation In Iran RFE/RL 14 Nov 2020 -- Al-Qaeda's second-highest leader, accused of orchestrating the deadly 1998 bombings of two U.S. embassies in Africa, was killed by Israeli agents in Iran in August, The New York Times reported.
- Israeli Operatives Reportedly Killed in Iran One of Al-Qaeda Leaders Linked to 1998 Attacks Sputnik 14 Nov 2020 -- Abdullah Ahmed Abdullah, who was also known as Abu Muhammad al-Masri, was considered first in line to take over al-Qaeda* after its current leader, Ayman al-Zawahiri.
- Palestinians denounce Pompeo's planned visit to Israeli settlement Press TV 13 Nov 2020 -- Palestinian Prime Minister Mohammed Shtayyeh and the resistance movement of Hamas have decried a planned visit by US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo to an Israeli settlement in the occupied West Bank.
- Palestinian rights groups call for halt to Israeli military incursions into Gaza Press TV 12 Nov 2020 -- Palestinian human rights groups have called on the Israeli regime to cease its military incursions into the besieged Gaza Strip, demanding compensation for farmers for their agricultural losses.
- Israel speeds up settlement construction amid fears about Biden's possible freeze plans Press TV 12 Nov 2020 -- Israeli authorities are reportedly expediting approval of plans for the construction of more settler units across the occupied territories, amid growing fears that the projected winner of US presidential election Joe Biden would oppose such plans once he enters the White House early next year.
- Statement by Acting Secretary of Defense Chris Miller on Helicopter Crash in the Sinai Peninsula DoD 12 Nov 2020 -- The Defense Department is deeply saddened by the loss of five U.S. and two partner nation service members in a helicopter crash in the Sinai Peninsula operating with the United Nations Multinational Force and Observers (MFO).
- 7 Peacekeepers Killed in Egypt Helicopter Crash VOA 12 Nov 2020 -- Seven international peacekeepers, including five Americans, were killed Thursday when a U.S. Army Black Hawk helicopter crashed during a routine mission in Egypt's Sinai Peninsula, according to Israeli and Egyptian officials.
- Israel Takes Delivery of Specialized F-35I 'Adir' Test Plane, First Outside US Sputnik 12 Nov 2020 -- The Israeli Air Force (IAF) has received a specialized test version of its F-35I "Adir," the first F-35 test plane outside the United States.
- Over 120 Palestinian inmates infected with coronavirus inside Israeli jails: Rights group Press TV 11 Nov 2020 -- A Palestinian human rights group says more than a hundred Palestinian prisoners have contracted coronavirus inside Israeli-run detention centers across the occupied territories, expressing grave concern over the health condition of the inmates.
- Joint Statement on the Israel-Lebanon Maritime Talks US Dept. of State 11 Nov 2020
- Hezbollah has full confidence in Aoun's handling of maritime talks with Israel: Nasrallah Press TV 11 Nov 2020 -- The Lebanese resistance movement Hezbollah says it has complete confidence in President Michel Aoun's management of the ongoing maritime talks with the Israeli regime.
- Israel to send first delegation to Sudan to 'firm up' normalization deal: Report Press TV 10 Nov 2020 -- Israel reportedly plans to send a first delegation to Sudan in the coming days to "firm up" a declared normalization deal between Tel Aviv and Khartoum.
- Israel to Send First Delegation to Sudan After Normalising Ties, Media Reports Sputnik 10 Nov 2020 -- Since September 2020, Tel Aviv has normalised ties with three new Arab states, mediated by the US, after decades without progress in regards to the Jewish state's recognition by regional powers.
- Israel says visitors from China need no self-quarantine People's Daily 10 Nov 2020 -- Israeli authorities on Monday announced people arriving from China will no longer be required to stay in self-quarantine.
- Israel Delivers First of Two Iron Dome Air Defense Radars to US Sputnik 09 Nov 2020 -- The US has taken delivery of the first of two Multi-Mission Radars (MMR), the powerful tracking system behind Israel's Iron Dome air defense system. Washington bought two Iron Dome batteries from Israel to fill an urgent close-in air defense need.
- Saudis, Israel, India Join World Leaders in Congratulating Biden, Harris VOA 08 Nov 2020 -- Saudi Arabia's King Salman bin Abdulaziz and his son Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Sunday joined other Arab countries in congratulating U.S. President-elect Joe Biden and Vice President-elect Kamala Harris on winning the presidential election.
- Israel endorses construction of new settlement near besieged Gaza Strip Press TV 08 Nov 2020 -- The Israeli cabinet has approved construction of new settler units near the besieged Gaza Strip, defying international outcry over the Tel Aviv regime's Palestinian land expropriation policies.
- Palestinian Officials Protest Malawi's Plan to Open Embassy in Jerusalem VOA 06 Nov 2020 -- Palestinian authorities are protesting Malawi's plan to open an embassy in Jerusalem, which, if carried out, would make it the first African country to do so. Palestinian Authority President Mahmoud Abbas sent an envoy to Malawi Thursday asking President Lazarus Chakwera to withdraw the plan, calling it a violation of a U.N. resolution on the disputed territory.
- Israel to Receive First Stealthy Sa'ar 6-Class Warship Armed With Interceptor Missiles Sputnik 06 Nov 2020 -- The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) will receive the first of its new Sa'ar 6-class corvettes at a ceremony next week from Germany, where the ships are being made. The warship will sport a range of missile interceptors and powerful radar to protect Israel's sprawling offshore gas fields.
- Malawi to be 1st African country to open embassy in Israeli-occupied Jerusalem al-Quds Press TV 04 Nov 2020 -- The Republic of Malawi is set to become the first African country to follow the United States and open an embassy in Israeli-occupied Jerusalem al-Quds.
- Malawi Plans Embassy in Jerusalem VOA 05 Nov 2020 -- Malawi will establish an embassy in Jerusalem, its foreign minister announced during a visit to Israel.
- Trump okays sale of F-22 Raptor fighter jets to Israel as UAE plans to buy F-35: Report Press TV 02 Nov 2020 -- US President Donald Trump has okayed the idea of selling the F-22 Raptor stealth aircraft to Israel to maintain Tel Aviv's alleged "military edge" in the Middle East as Washington plans to sell F-35s to the United Arab Emirates.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list