Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
July 2020 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Israel, US Sign Document on Joint Air Defence Military Cooperation Sputnik 31 Jul 2020 -- The Israeli Defence Ministry hosted on Thursday the annual US-Israeli Defence Policy Advisory Group (DPAG). The DPAG session discussed strategic and regional security challenges following the recent escalation between Israel and Lebanon's Hezbollah movement on the border, with explosions and exchanges of gunfire.
- Readout of Virtual Meeting Between Acting Under Secretary of Defense for Policy Dr. James Anderson and Israel's Director of Policy and Political Military Affairs Zohar Palti DoD 30 Jul 2020
- UN: Israeli forces demolished, seized 30 Palestinian structures in West Bank in 2 weeks Press TV 30 Jul 2020 -- The United Nations Office for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs (OCHA) says Israeli authorities have either demolished or seized 30 Palestinian structures in the occupied West Bank and East Jerusalem al-Quds, displacing more than two dozen people in two weeks.
- Israel sets new record of daily COVID-19 infections with 2,308 cases Global Times 29 Jul 2020 -- Israel's Ministry of Health reported 2,308 new COVID-19 cases on Tuesday, setting a new record of daily hike in coronavirus infections.
- Lebanon Calls for Caution After Israel-Hezbollah Clashes VOA 28 Jul 2020 -- Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab said Tuesday that Israel had violated his country's sovereignty with what he called a "dangerous military escalation" after Israeli and Hezbollah forces traded cross-border fire Monday.
- Lebanon PM: Israel tried to change battle rules with border attack Press TV 28 Jul 2020 -- Lebanon's prime minister warns sternly about potential escalation in the aftermath of a recent Israeli border incursion, saying the occupying regime is trying to manipulate the rules of engagement with the country.
- Lebanon Blames Israel for Violating Country's Sovereignty, Conducting Hostilities Sputnik 28 Jul 2020 -- Israel has violated the sovereignty of Lebanon and conducted "dangerous" military operations at the border between the two countries, Lebanese Prime Minister Hassan Diab announced on Tuesday following the recent security incident.
- Israeli Army Reports Detecting Suspicious Activity on Border With Lebanon Sputnik 28 Jul 2020 -- The Israeli Defence Forces (IDF) said on Tuesday they had detected individuals deemed suspicious on the border with Lebanon, dubbed the "Blue Line" to mark the color of helmets of UN peacekeepers who were deployed there after Israel's withdrawal from southern Lebanon in 2000.
- Hezbollah 'Playing with Fire' Netanyahu Warns VOA 27 Jul 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is warning Hezbollah it is "playing with fire" along the Lebanese border with Israel.
- Israeli military says its drone crashed in Lebanon Press TV 26 Jul 2020 -- The Israeli military says one of its drones has crashed inside the Lebanese territory "during operational activities" along the border.
- Israeli surveillance drones violate Lebanese airspace over two dozen times Press TV 26 Jul 2020 -- Lebanon says Israeli reconnaissance drones have entered the country's airspace and flown over the southern parts of the Arab country more than two dozen times in flagrant violation of a UN Security Council resolution.
- Netanyahu Says Won't Allow Iran's Military to Establish Itself Along Israeli Border Sputnik 26 Jul 2020 -- Earlier this week, the Israel Defence Forces (IDF) said in a statement that the country's armed forces were stepping up security measures on the northern border on the heels of an escalation unfolding on the frontier with Lebanon and Syria.
- Hezbollah capable of targeting Israeli offshore gas rigs in Mediterranean: Israeli commander Press TV 25 Jul 2020 -- A senior Israeli military official says the Lebanese Hezbollah resistance movement now has the capability to attack Israeli offshore natural gas platforms in the Mediterranean Sea in case of a future confrontation.
- US Joint Chiefs Visits Israel Amid Tensions With Iran, Hezbollah Radio Farda 25 Jul 2020 -- The chairman of the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff General Mark Milley paid an unannounced visit to Israel on July 24 and met with senior Israeli military and intelligence officials.
- India, Israel Review Military Supplies Amid Continuing Border Tensions with China Sputnik 24 Jul 2020 -- India has been trying to enhance its surveillance capabilities and firepower, amid ongoing border tensions with China. The federal government has also provided the armed forces with up to $40 million to buy emergency weapons.
- Netanyahu: Fight Against Iran's Military, Nuclear Programs Continued 'In Recent Days' Radio Farda 24 Jul 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Thursday said he the fight against Iran's nuclear program, ballistic missiles and the country's military presence in Syria has "continued' in recent days.
- Liberating Israeli-occupied Golan Heights national priority: Syria UN ambassador Press TV 22 Jul 2020 -- Syria's permanent representative to the United Nations, Bashar al-Ja'afari, has reiterated the Arab country's right to liberate the Golan Heights from Israeli occupation, adding that restoring Syrian sovereignty to the territory remains a priority for the Damascus government.
- Israel-Palestine: Breakdown in cooperation over COVID, now putting lives at risk UN News 21 Jul 2020 -- Cooperation between Israelis and the Palestinians at the outset of the COVID-19 pandemic is breaking down, putting human lives at risk as the economy goes into meltdown and the threat of Israeli annexation of parts of the West Bank lingers, the UN's Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process says.
- UN: Breakdown in Israeli-Palestinian Cooperation Hurting COVID-19 Response VOA 21 Jul 2020 -- The U.N.'s top diplomat for the Middle East peace process warned Tuesday that a breakdown in cooperation between Israeli and Palestinian leadership over annexation threats is hampering the COVID-19 response.
- Netanyahu's plans to annex West Bank could unleash new extremism wave in Middle East: Jordan PM Press TV 21 Jul 2020 -- Jordanian Prime Minister Omar Razzaz has warned against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's plans to annex large parts of the occupied Palestinian territories, stating that such a contentious move could unleash a new wave of extremism in the Middle East region.
- Netanyahu's corruption trial resumes amid COVID-19 protests, economic fallout Press TV 19 Jul 2020 -- An Israeli court has resumed the corruption trial of prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu after a two-month delay amid mounting protests over his corruption and poor handling of the coronavirus crisis.
- Netanyahu's Trial Advances Amid Growing Protests VOA 19 Jul 2020 -- Prime Minister Netanyahu's corruption trial will begin hearing witness testimony in January, the court in Israel announced Sunday after lawyers for the prime minister argued for a six-month delay because of the coronavirus. The decision comes amid growing protests over his handling of the pandemic including violence and calls for Netanyahu to resign. A second wave of the pandemic and new restrictions have left the public angry and confused.
- Israel's Gantz wants annexation plan shelved: Ministers Press TV 17 Jul 2020 -- Israel's prime minister-in-waiting and ruling coalition partner Benny Gantz reportedly wants a plan by current Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to annex parts of the occupied West Bank and the Jordan Valley shelved.
- Netanyahu promises coronavirus money for all Israelis amid growing criticism People's Daily 16 Jul 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu announced on Wednesday a new aid plan that promises to cut a check to every Israeli citizen, amid escalating criticism over his handling of the coronavirus crisis.
- Israel compiles list of officials who could face arrest over ICC probe Press TV 16 Jul 2020 -- Israeli authorities have compiled a top secret list of hundreds of military and intelligence officials, who could be arrested abroad if the International Criminal Court (ICC) in The Hague opens an investigation into their war crimes in the occupied Palestinian territories.
- Abbas says ready to resume peace talks if Israel stops annexation plan People's Daily 15 Jul 2020 -- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas announced on Tuesday that the Palestinians are ready to resume the stalled peace talks if Israel stops its plan to annex parts of the West Bank.
- Any Israeli desecration of al-Aqsa Mosque will ignite armed struggle, Hamas warns Tel Aviv regime Press TV 14 Jul 2020 -- The Palestinian Islamic resistance movement, Hamas, has warned Israeli authorities against violations at al-Aqsa Mosque in the occupied Old City of Jerusalem al-Quds, emphasizing that any provocative move against the sacred site will infuriate Palestinians and subsequently ignite an armed struggle.
- Ministers urge EU to formulate possible responses to Israeli annexation plan Press TV 14 Jul 2020 -- A group of European foreign ministers have called on the European Union (EU) – Israel's largest trade partner – to take concrete and timely steps to "deter" the Tel Aviv regime's unlawful plan to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank
- EU Foreign Ministers Seek Measures to 'Deter' Israel From Expanding Its Sovereignty Over West Bank Sputnik 14 Jul 2020 -- Earlier this month, the Israeli Foreign Ministry said that Tel Aviv would postpone the 1 July deadline for the beginning of a sovereignty expansion over large parts of the West Bank and the Jordan Valley, arguing that the Defence Ministry is still "weighing the risks in the field of security, as [the move] will have serious repercussions".
- Israeli Air Force Rolls Out New Special Forces Wing to Address 'Growing Threats in Various Arenas' Sputnik 13 Jul 2020 -- The new unit is expected to take part in the IDF's so-called "war-between-war" campaign against Iran amid ongoing tensions between Tel Aviv and Tehran.
- Israeli Court Blocks Amnesty International Attempt to Curb Spyware Firm NSO Sputnik 13 Jul 2020 -- In January, Amnesty International filed a lawsuit against Israeli cyber-intelligence firm NSO Group, urging the court to revoke the company's export license and restrict it from selling technology allegedly used to violate human rights across the globe.
- France's Macron asks Israel's Netanyahu to abandon annexation plan Press TV 10 Jul 2020 -- French President Emmanuel Macron has asked Israel's Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to refrain from pushing forward with his plan to annex parts of the occupied West Bank and the Jordan Valley.
- Israel's plan to annex occupied West Bank risks outburst of regional rage, Russia warns Press TV 10 Jul 2020 -- Russia has warned that the Israeli regime's contentious plans to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank and strategic Jordan Valley risk the outburst of violence across the Middle East region.
- Israel to build 240 illegal settler units in central al-Quds Press TV 08 Jul 2020 -- The Israeli regime has awarded a tender for the construction of 240 illegal settler units in the central area of the occupied holy city of Jerusalem al-Quds amid continued global uproar over Tel Aviv's disregard for international law through its incessant building up of the occupied Palestinian territories.
- Hezbollah: US policy of starving Lebanon serves Israel's interests Press TV 08 Jul 2020 -- A senior official with the Hezbollah resistance movement has said US President Donald Trump's administration is pursuing a policy of starvation against the Lebanese nation, noting that Washington's agenda serves the interests of the Israeli regime in the region.
- As Tensions With Iran Rise, Israel Asks Pentagon to Speed Up Aerial Refueler Deliveries Sputnik 08 Jul 2020 -- Israel has reportedly asked the US Department of Defense to speed up delivery of two KC-46 Pegasus tanker aircraft, even though the deal is not yet complete. The request comes as rumors swirl that Jerusalem, which has boasted of its air force's long strike range, was behind a recent explosion in Iran.
- Top Israel health official resigns, blasts regime's performance vs. virus Press TV 07 Jul 2020 -- A senior Israeli health official has resigned, blasting the regime in Tel Aviv for its lax performance in the face of the new coronavirus outbreak and for turning a deaf ear to her relevant pieces of advice.
- Israel's Public Health Chief Resigns Amid Surge in New COVID-19 Cases Sputnik 07 Jul 2020 -- The Israeli Health Ministry's director for public health services Siegal Sadetzki announced on Tuesday she would step down over criticism of the government's way of handling the coronavirus outbreak amid a sharp increase in new cases.
- Hamas lauds Iran's Ayatollah Khamenei over unwavering support for Palestine Press TV 07 Jul 2020 -- A senior Hamas official has praised Leader of the Islamic Revolution Ayatollah Seyyed Ali Khamenei for sending a note of support to the Palestinian resistance movement, saying the letter shows Iran will not leave Palestine alone in the face of Israeli and American plots.
- OIC urges UN Security Council to stop Israel annexation plan Press TV 07 Jul 2020 -- The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) writes to the members of the United Nations Security Council (UNSC), urging the body to come in the way of a plan announced by Israel for annexation of significant portions of the occupied West Bank.
- Israeli land grab plan aggression against Palestinians: Hezbollah, Hamas Press TV 07 Jul 2020 -- The Palestinian and Lebanese resistance movements, Hamas and Hezbollah, have censured Israel's plan to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank as an act of "aggression against the Palestinian people," calling for a united front against the US-backed land grab bid.
- Israel orders demolition of 30 Palestinian facilities in al-Quds village Press TV 06 Jul 2020 -- Israel has ordered the demolition of at least 30 Palestinian facilities in the village of Isawiya of Jerusalem al-Quds.
- Israeli warplanes carry out fresh air raids on Gaza Press TV 06 Jul 2020 -- Israeli warplanes have carried out fresh airstrikes against the Gaza Strip, bombing locations in the east of the besieged enclave.
- Israel Postpones Plan to Expand Sovereignty Over Parts of West Bank Sputnik 06 Jul 2020 -- Israel is not planning to expand its sovereignty over territories of the West Bank in the coming days, Foreign Minister Gabi Ashkenazi said on Monday.
- Israel - JP-8 Aviation Fuel, Diesel Fuel, and Unleaded Gasoline DSCA 06 Jul 2020 -- The State Department has made a determination approving a possible Foreign Military Sale to the Government of Israel of approximately 990 million gallons of Petroleum-based products for an estimated cost of $3 billion. The Defense Security Cooperation Agency delivered the required certification notifying Congress of this possible sale today.
- Israel puts new spy satellite in orbit in taunt to Mideast countries Press TV 06 Jul 2020 -- Israel has launched a new spy satellite, with reports linking the launch to the Israeli regime's hostility towards Iran and its peaceful nuclear activities.
- Israel Launches New Spy Satellite To 'Monitor Iran' RFE/RL 06 Jul 2020 -- Israel's Defense Ministry has announced the successful launch of a new spy satellite that the ministry said would provide high-quality surveillance for its military intelligence.
- Israel Successfully Launches New Advanced Spy Satellite 'to Monitor Any Threats' Sputnik 06 Jul 2020 -- At least two more Israeli reconnaissance satellites are currently operational - the Ofek 5, launched in 2002, and the Ofek 11, which has been zooming in on possible targets since 2016.
- Israel to build over 160 new settler units in occupied West Bank Press TV 05 Jul 2020 -- Israeli officials are planning to construct new housing units in the occupied West Bank irrespective of an international outcry against the Tel Aviv regime's settlement expansion policies, besides its contentious plans to annex large parts of the Palestinian territories.
- Kuwait calls for decisive Arab, intl. stance against Israel's annexation plan Press TV 05 Jul 2020 -- Kuwait has strongly denounced the Israeli regime's plan to annex large parts of the occupied Palestinian territories in the West Bank, calling on the international community to take a united stance against the move.
- Israel's annexation of Palestinian lands could trigger 3rd intifada: Abbas' aide Press TV 05 Jul 2020 -- An adviser to Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has warned that a third intifada (uprising) could be just around the corner if Israel goes ahead with its highly-contentious plan to annex parts of the occupied Palestinian territories.
- Johnson warns Israel UK will not recognize any changes to 1967 line Press TV 01 Jul 2020 -- British Prime Minister Boris Johnson has warned Israel against proceeding with plans to annex parts of the occupied West Bank, calling them illegal.
- Israeli annexation plan goes wrong amid internal rifts, intl. backlash Press TV 01 Jul 2020 -- Today is the first of July and Israel's much-publicized scheme to annex parts of the West Bank and the Jordan Valley has not gone exactly as planned amid widening differences within the Israeli ruling coalition and against the backdrop of massive international opposition to the land grab attempt.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list