Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
June 2020 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Lebanon warns Israel over 'dangerous' gas exploration bid Press TV 30 Jun 2020 -- President Michel Aoun has warned Israel against its "extremely dangerous" bid to explore oil and gas on Lebanon's maritime border, parts of which are claimed by the regime, saying the Arab country will not allow any violation of its territorial waters.
- Israel's Annexation Plan Will Trigger Violence, Instability Arabs Warn VOA 30 Jun 2020 -- Arab governments have warned Israel that plans to annex the West Bank will trigger violence and regional instability. Unilateral annexation could happen as early as July 1, but European states, the United Nations, the Arab League and senior members of the U.S. Democratic Party say the move will harm chances for peace between Israel and the Palestinians.
- Top UN Rights Official Warns of 'Disastrous' Consequences from Israel Annexation VOA 29 Jun 2020 -- U.N. High Commissioner for Human Rights Michelle Bachelet warned Monday the consequences of Israel's planned annexations in the West Bank are likely to be "disastrous" for Israel, the Palestinians and the region, and will "grievously harm the prospect of a two-state solution."
- Hamas official urges unified strategy in face of Israel's annexation plan Press TV 29 Jun 2020 -- The popular 'Day of Rage' against Israel's plan to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank is 'a step in the right direction,' says a senior official of the Palestinian resistance movement Hamas.
- Israel's illegal annexation plans for Palestine, 'disastrous' for wider Middle East – Bachelet UN News 29 Jun 2020 -- The UN High Commissioner for Human Rights warned Israel on Monday not to proceed along the "dangerous path" of annexing a swathe of occupied Palestinian territory, urging the Government to listen to its own former senior officials along with the "multitude of voices around the world".
- UN rights chief urges Israel to halt 'illegal' annexation plan Press TV 29 Jun 2020 -- The UN human rights chief has denounced the Israeli regime's "illegal" plan to annex large parts of the occupied Palestinian territories in the West Bank, warning about the "disastrous" consequences of the move.
- Lebanese President Says Israel Drilling in Disputed Waters to Heighten Tensions Sputnik 29 Jun 2020 -- Israel's intent to explore for oil and gas in an offshore area that is subject to a territorial dispute between it and Lebanon is fraught with exacerbating the tensions, Lebanese President Michel Aoun said on Monday.
- Netanyahu says Israel, UAE to cooperate on coronavirus as normalization speeds up Press TV 26 Jun 2020 -- Prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu says Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE) are set to publicly announce cooperation over what he described as the fight against the novel coronavirus, amid attempts by a number of Arab countries to normalize diplomatic relations with the Tel Aviv regime.
- Israel Ceases the Idea of Extending Sovereignty Over Jordan Valley, Reports Say Sputnik 26 Jun 2020 -- On 24 June, UN Secretary-General Antonio Guterres called on Israel to abandon its "annexation plan" and urged the parties to commit to dialogue with the support of the international community.
- Syrian protesters vow to fully liberate Golan Heights from Israeli occupation Press TV 25 Jun 2020 -- A large number of Syrian demonstrators have gathered to protest Tel Aviv's control over the Golan Heights, which the Israeli regime has been occupying for more than half a century.
- Israel's plan to annex parts of West Bank amounts to 'declaration of war': Hamas Press TV 25 Jun 2020 -- The Palestinian Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas, has severely denounced the Israeli regime's planned annexation of parts of the occupied West Bank and the Jordan Valley, saying the contentious decision amounts to a "declaration of war" on the Palestinian nation.
- Hamas Says 'Annexation' of West Bank by Israel Declaration of War Against Palestinians Sputnik 25 Jun 2020 -- The Hamas Islamist movement will consider an extension of sovereignty over parts of the West Bank by Israel a declaration of war against Palestinians, Abu Ubaida, the spokesman for a Hamas military wing, the Izz el-Deen al-Qassam Brigades, said on Thursday.
- UN Official Warns Against Israeli Annexation of Part of West Bank VOA 25 Jun 2020 -- As the July 1 date for Israel's annexation of part of the West Bank approaches, international officials warn that the move would be a violation of international law. The head of the Arab League said that if Israel goes ahead it could spark a religious war, and Hamas in Gaza said the annexation would be a declaration of war.
- UN chief urges Israel to abandon annexation plans UN News 24 Jun 2020 -- The UN Secretary-General has called on Israel to scrap plans to annex parts of the occupied West Bank, a move that could occur as early as next week.
- UN Chief: 'Watershed Moment' for Israelis, Palestinians VOA 24 Jun 2020 -- U.N. Secretary-General Antonio Guterres warned Wednesday that the Israeli-Palestinian situation is facing a "watershed moment" over Israel's annexation plans.
- UN chief calls on Israel to drop West Bank annexation plans Press TV 24 Jun 2020 -- United Nations Secretary General Antonio Guterres has called on the Israeli regime to drop plans to annex parts of the occupied West Bank, saying the move would constitute a "most serious violation of international law."
- UN, European MPs, Arab League call on Israel to ditch West Bank annexation plans Press TV 24 Jun 2020 -- The United Nations and the Arab League have called on Israel to abandon its plans to annex parts of the occupied West Bank, with European lawmakers warning of "consequences" in case Tel Aviv moved forward with its project.
- Number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Israel doubles since early June People's Daily 22 Jun 2020 -- The number of hospitalized COVID-19 patients in Israel has doubled since early June, according to figures released by Israeli Ministry of Health on Sunday.
- Congress Seeks to Expand Israel-US Defence Cooperation to Include Technology Sharing Sputnik 22 Jun 2020 -- Israel is already the US's closest ally in the Middle East, with Washington committing to provide Tel Aviv with $38 billion in military aid over ten years in 2016. Israel became a major US non-NATO ally in 1987, making it eligible to receive the latest US military hardware as it became available.
- Israel begins building road linking settlements, isolating Palestinian town in West Bank Press TV 22 Jun 2020 -- Israel has commenced building a new road for its settlers in the southern parts of the occupied West Bank at the expense of isolating a Palestinian town, a report says.
- Israel reports 294 new COVID-19 cases, 20,633 in total People's Daily 21 Jun 2020 -- The number of coronavirus patients in Israel rose to 20,633, with 294 new cases, the Ministry of Health said on Saturday.
- Israeli warplanes fly low over Beirut despite Lebanon's complaint to UN Security Council Press TV 21 Jun 2020 -- Israeli fighter jets have once against violated Lebanon's airspace and flew at low altitudes over the capital Beirut, irrespective of a recent complaint by Lebanese authorities to the United Nations Security Council about the Tel Aviv regime's infringement on the Arab country's sovereignty.
- Germany, France criticize Israel over West Bank annexation plans Press TV 21 Jun 2020 -- Germany and France have called on Israel to halt its plans to annex large swathes of the occupied West Bank which Palestinians consider as part of their future independent state.
- Germany, France Trying to Prevent Israel's Annexation of Palestinian Territories, Maas Says Sputnik 19 Jun 2020 -- Germany and France are worried about Israel's plan to take control of the Palestinian territories, they want to prevent this violation of international law, German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas said Friday.
- Annexation to have 'significant consequences' for EU-Israel relations, EU warns Press TV 18 Jun 2020 -- The European Union's foreign policy chief has warned that the annexation of Palestinian territories in the occupied West Bank pursued by the Israeli regime will have "significant consequences" for bilateral ties between the bloc and Tel Aviv.
- Israeli settlers bulldoze Palestinian land to build road connecting West Bank settlements Press TV 18 Jun 2020 -- Israeli settlers have flattened many acres of Palestinian land in the occupied West Bank to pave the way for the construction of a major new ring road in Jerusalem al-Quds, which will connect Jewish settlements located north and south of the city.
- Netanyahu Presents Four West Bank Plans to Benny Gantz, But Talks Deadlocked – Report Sputnik 18 Jun 2020 -- Israeli media earlier reported, citing anonymous sources, that Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is looking for a pretext to break the coalition agreement with Benny Gantz's Blue and White Alliance in a bid to call a new election.
- Jordan, UK censure Israeli plan to consolidate Palestine occupation Press TV 17 Jun 2020 -- Jordan and Britain have voiced their opposition to Israel's controversial scheme to annex parts of the occupied Palestinian territory, saying the land grab bid endangers peace and breaches international law.
- British PM Johnson Says Israel's West Bank Plans Amount to Breach of International Law Sputnik 17 Jun 2020 -- Plans being pursued by Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu to extend the Jewish state's sovereignty over portions of the West Bank by 1 July have drawn the ire of the Palestinians and several nations.
- Israel advances new Golan settlement named after Trump People's Daily 15 Jun 2020 -- Israel started on Sunday preparations for building a new settlement in the Israeli-controlled Golan Heights named after U.S. President Donald Trump, Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said.
- Hamas calls for united 'resistance' against Israel's plans to annex parts of West Bank Press TV 15 Jun 2020 -- The Islamic Resistance Movement, Hamas, has called for unity among all Palestinian political factions and "resistance" against the Israeli regime's contentious plans to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank and apply its own rule to them.
- Israel building road linking settlements ahead of West Bank annexation, report says Press TV 15 Jun 2020 -- A new report shows that days ahead of Israel's annexation of the occupied West Bank, the regime is busy constructing a major new ring road for Jerusalem al-Quds that creates yet another obstacle to Palestinians' hopes for making the eastern sector of the city the capital of their future state.
- Israel to build new settlement named after 'Trump' Press TV 15 Jun 2020 -- Israel is to construct a new illegal settlement and name it after US President Donald Trump in order to "express gratitude" for his services to the Zionist regime.
- IDF Launches Retaliatory Strikes on Multiple Hamas Posts After Rocket Launch From Gaza Sputnik 15 Jun 2020 -- The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) announced on Monday their response to a rocket fired from Gaza that landed in an open field, launching airstrikes at militant positions and infrastructure in the northern Gaza Strip.
- Jordan Hopes to Avert Israeli Annexation of West Bank Lands VOA 15 Jun 2020 -- Jordan's King Abdullah II could be facing the most serious decisions of his 21 years on the throne, should Israel follow through with plans to annex parts of the West Bank on July 1, analysts say. As only one of two Arab peace partners with the Jewish state, they say such an Israeli move would spark a volatile reaction from the Jordan's own population and mark the end of a two-state solution which the monarch has championed to resolve the decades-long Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Early Hanukkah Present: Israel to Deliver First Iron Dome Air Defence System to US in December Sputnik 12 Jun 2020 -- The Israeli-made air defence system first went online in 2011, reporting the successful interception of hundreds of primitive rockets and drones launched by Hezbollah and Hamas, but has yet to be tested against major state actors armed with advanced missiles or fourth and fifth-generation delivery systems.
- Readout of Secretary Esper Phone Call With Israeli Alternate Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Gantz DoD 11 Jun 2020
- OIC decries Israeli annexation plan in West Bank as 'serious escalation' Press TV 11 Jun 2020 -- The Organization of Islamic Cooperation (OIC) has warned against the Israeli regime's controversial plan to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank, saying such a move will mark a "serious escalation" that threatens the so-called peace process on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Netanyahu Determined to Push for Annexation as Israel's Parliament Remains Divided Over the Bill Sputnik 11 Jun 2020 -- German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas, who visited Israel on Wednesday, warned the Jewish state of sanctions and dire repercussions if it chose to go ahead with extending its sovereignty over parts of the West Bank which the EU as well as most of the international community deem as Palestinian territories.
- EU concerned over Israel's annexation plan in West Bank, German FM says Press TV 10 Jun 2020 -- German Foreign Minister Heiko Maas is in the Occupied Palestinian Territories, where he is going to express the European Union's "concern" over the Tel Aviv regime's controversial plan to annex large parts of the occupied West Bank.
- Israel's top court annuls West Bank settlement legalization law, draws praise from rights groups Press TV 10 Jun 2020 -- Israel's Supreme Court has struck down a controversial 2017 law that would have allowed the regime to expropriate private Palestinian land, where thousands of settler units have been built, drawing praise from advocacy groups.
- US Special Op forces testing Israeli-made smart rifle system in Syria Press TV 07 Jun 2020 -- US special operations forces are currently testing and evaluating an Israeli-developed computerized fire control and rifle sight system downrange in Syria, according to the US Special Operations Command (SOCOM).
- Netanyahu Calls on World to Impose 'Paralyzing' Sanctions on Iran Over Nuclear Deal 'Violations' Sputnik 07 Jun 2020 -- On Friday, a confidential International Atomic Energy Agency report indicated that Iran is continuing to build up enriched uranium stockpiles beyond limits set out in the 2015 nuclear deal. Tehran has vowed to continue reducing commitments to the treaty until other signatories find a way to bypass crippling US sanctions.
- Contract Decision Raises Doubts About Israel-China Tech Ties VOA 05 Jun 2020 -- The Trump administration appears to have scored a victory in its campaign to dissuade key allies from expanding their high-tech trade relations with China.
- Israeli Aerospace Short-Range Ballistic Missile Tests Hit Floating Targets Sputnik 03 Jun 2020 -- The Long-Range Artillery Weapon System (LORA) trials were conducted at sea due to coronavirus restrictions, but with the use of a land launcher. The LORA has a stated range of 400 kilometres and is said to be accurate to within 10 metres, according to Israeli Aerospace Industries.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list