Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
April 2020 - Israel Special Weapons News
- US ready to recognize Israeli 'sovereignty' in occupied Palestinian lands Press TV 28 Apr 2020 -- The United States says it is "prepared to recognize Israeli actions to extend Israeli sovereignty" in the occupied lands belonging to Palestinians.
- Syria air defenses down Israeli missiles over Damascus Press TV 27 Apr 2020 -- Syrian air defenses have thwarted an Israeli aggression, and shot down a number of "hostile" missiles in the skies over the capital, Damascus, before reaching their targets.
- Israeli authorities accelerating implementation of settlement plans, PLO warns Press TV 26 Apr 2020 -- The Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) has warned that Israel is speeding up implementation of settlement building schemes in the occupied Palestinian territories in a flagrant breach of international law.
- Netanyahu 'Confident' Israel Will Annex Parts of West Bank Within Months VOA 26 Apr 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says he is "confident" Israel will be able to annex parts of the West Bank within a few months with backing from the Trump administration.
- Israeli army intelligence agents collect info to prevent unrest amid pandemic: Report Press TV 25 Apr 2020 -- Israeli military intelligence agents have reportedly helped the regime's security council collect information on citizens in order to prevent unrest over the handling of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
- UN warns Israel against 'devastating' West Bank annexation plans Press TV 23 Apr 2020 -- UN Special Coordinator for the Middle East Peace Process Nickolay Mladenov has issued a warning against the Israeli regime's intention to annex parts of the occupied West Bank, saying such a move constitutes a serious violation of international law and would be a "devastating blow" to the so-called two-state solution.
- Agreements with Israel, US completely cancelled if West Bank annexed: Abbas Press TV 23 Apr 2020 -- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas says the Palestinian Authority's agreements with Israel and the United States will be "completely cancelled" if Israel annexes the occupied West Bank.
- Common coronavirus enemy, forges some Palestine-Israel cooperation, but West Bank annexation looms UN News 23 Apr 2020 -- The COVID-19 pandemic is creating opportunities for cooperation that Israelis and Palestinians must embrace to sustain Middle East peace efforts and bring an end to decades of conflict, the United Nations' top envoy in the region said on Thursday.
- COVID 19 Concerns Were Behind Israel Power-Sharing Deal VOA 22 Apr 2020 -- After three elections and more than a year, Israel has a new unity government in an emergency power-sharing deal reached this week between Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his rival, Benny Gantz. But there is concern the new leadership may not be able govern because of internal differences.
- Israeli PM Netanyahu, main rival Gantz ink emergency unity gov't deal People's Daily 21 Apr 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his main rival, Benny Gantz, signed on Monday a deal to form an emergency unity government.
- Netanyahu remains Israeli PM in power-sharing deal with rival Gantz Press TV 21 Apr 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and his election rival, opposition leader Benny Gantz, have agreed on the formation of an "emergency" coalition administration to end months of unprecedented political deadlock.
- Netanyahu and Gantz Agree to Form Emergency Coalition Government Sputnik 20 Apr 2020 -- According to a joint statement from Netanyahu's Likud party and Gantz's Blue and White party, the two politicians are expected to meet later in the day.
- Prime Minister Netanyahu, Rival Gantz Agree to Joint Government System VOA 20 Apr 2020 -- After three deadlocked elections between Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and former military chief Benny Gantz, the two men agreed late Monday to establish a unity government.
- Netanyahu Vows to Gradually Ease Lockdown As COVID-19 Spread Slows Down in Israel Sputnik 18 Apr 2020 -- In particular, the new guidelines put forward include re-opening some stores, including those selling electronics, and household goods; doing sports outdoors and praying in open spaces.
- US Warned Israel of Coronavirus Outbreak in China in November, but 'Nothing Was Done' - Report Sputnik 17 Apr 2020 -- An earlier ABC News report stated that US intelligence officials had warned the military and White House about the spread of a coronavirus outbreak in China as far back as late November 2019, with the Pentagon denying the "product/assessment" existed.
- Israeli political impasse: Gantz-Netanyahu miss coalition govt. deadline Press TV 14 Apr 2020 -- Israeli President Reuven Rivlin has extended the mandate of centrist Blue and White party leader Benny Gantz to form a unity government as coalition talks with rightist rival, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, remain deadlocked.
- Israeli drones violate Lebanese airspace, buzz over Beirut, southern suburbs Press TV 13 Apr 2020 -- Lebanon says Israeli reconnaissance aircraft have entered the country's airspace and flown over the capital Beirut and its southern suburbs in flagrant violation of a UN Security Council resolution.
- UAE buys Israeli missile system for Libya rebels: Report Press TV 12 Apr 2020 -- The United Arab Emirates (UAE) has paid the Israeli regime to deliver an advanced anti-aircraft missile system to the Libyan rebels under the command of renegade general Khalifa Haftar, a report says.
- Enemy of My Enemy? Israel Sells Missile System to UAE for Haftar's Libyan National Army - Report Sputnik 12 Apr 2020 -- The war-torn nation of Libya, which descended into a foreign-backed civil war in 2011 after NATO warplanes helped rebels topple Muammar Gaddafi, has faced a major escalation of fighting in the past year as Marshal Khalifa Haftar's Libyan National Army (LNA) attempts a final push to drive the Government of National Accord (GNA) out of Tripoli.
- Israeli president rejects Gantz's request for more time to form unity government Press TV 12 Apr 2020 -- A months-long political paralysis further persists in the Israeli regime after its President Reuven Rivlin turned down a request by Blue and White chairman Benny Gantz for a two-week extension to form a coalition government.
- Israel's President Denies Gantz's Request for Extension to Try to Form Gov't With Netanyahu Sputnik 12 Apr 2020 -- The Middle Eastern nation has been trapped in a historically unprecedented political deadlock for over a year now, with neither Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's Likud nor former IDF commander Benny Gantz's Blue and White managing to achieve enough support to cobble together a ruling coalition after three rounds of voting.
- Netanyahu Gains Strength as Coalition Deadline Nears VOA 12 Apr 2020 -- Israel's president on Sunday rejected a request to extend coalition talks between the country's two most powerful political parties - appearing to give a boost to Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu and pushing the nation toward an unprecedented fourth consecutive election in just over a year.
- Netanyahu Suspends Flights to Israel Until COVID-19 Quarantine Issue Settled - Source Sputnik 11 Apr 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has ordered that all flights to Israel are suspended until the issue of quarantining all arriving passengers in special hotels is legally settled, a source in the government said on Saturday.
- US gives 1 million masks to Israel as American troops have to make their own amid COVID-19 outbreak Press TV 08 Apr 2020 -- The US Department of Defense has reportedly supplied 1 million surgical masks to the Israeli regime in order to be distributed among soldiers, despite the fact that the Pentagon has lately introduced a measure requiring personnel to make their own masks to combat the spread of the new coronavirus.
- Netanyahu Declares Quarantine Across Israel on 7-10 April for Passover Holiday Eve Sputnik 06 Apr 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu on Monday declared a general three-day lockdown starting at 4 p.m. (13:00 GMT) on 7 April to prevent people from traveling to festive meals that are traditionally held on the eve of the Jewish holiday of Passover, which starts this Wednesday.
- Number of COVID-19 Cases in Israel Tops 8,000, Death Toll Reaches 46 – Health Ministry Sputnik 05 Apr 2020 -- The number of people infected with the coronavirus in Israel has grown to a total of 8,018 and the death toll has increased to 46 people, the Israeli Health Ministry said on Sunday.
- Israel, Saudi Arabia impose heavy-handed measures amid virus pandemic Press TV 03 Apr 2020 -- Israel and Saudi Arabia have launched crackdown on certain population centers as cases of COVID-19 infections surge there.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list