Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
February 2020 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Israeli PM plans to build thousands of settler units in East Jerusalem al-Quds Press TV 20 Feb 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has announced plans to construct thousands of new settler units in occupied East Jerusalem al-Quds, two weeks prior to a general election due to be held by the Israeli regime.
- Israeli PM: Trump Peace Plan to Go Forth Even if Democrat Elected VOA 20 Feb 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu says even if a Democrat is elected president in November, Donald Trump's Mideast peace plan will still go forward.
- Israel sets up new Iran command for action against Iran: Report Press TV 14 Feb 2020 -- The Israeli military has set up a new "Iran command" amid Tel Aviv's anti-Tehran confrontational rhetoric, according to Israeli media.
- Database of businesses linked to Israeli settlements 'important initial step' towards accountability: rights expert UN News 14 Feb 2020 -- A database of 112 businesses connected to Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territory has been hailed by an independent human rights expert as "an important initial step towards accountability and the end to impunity".
- UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights Database Report Release US Dept. of State 13 Feb 2020
- UN list of settlement-linked firms gets Palestinian praise, Israeli rejection People's Daily 13 Feb 2020 -- The Palestinians hailed on Wednesday the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights (UNHCHR) for releasing a list of companies that do business in Israeli settlements in the occupied Palestinian territories, while Israel denounced the list as "biased" and "shameful."
- Israel uses civilian flight as shield to raid Damascus after Syrian troops liberate Saraqib Press TV 07 Feb 2020 -- An Israeli airstrike, carried out as Syria troops were liberating the terrorist-held town of Saraqib in northwestern Idlib province, has endangered a civilian flight carrying 172 passengers, according to the Russian Defense Ministry.
- Sudan leader says stance on Palestine will not change amid anger over Netanyahu meeting Press TV 05 Feb 2020 -- Sudan's ruling council chief says Khartoum's stance on the issue of Palestine will "remain firm," and that his secret talks with the Israeli premier were meant to "protect national security," amid anger at home against what is largely seen as a radical change in the African state's longtime anti-occupation foreign policy.
- India, Israel to Build 2000 kilo class Drones for Maritime, Land Based Military Operations Sputnik 05 Feb 2020 -- India's military is seeking to extend its use of drones for intelligence gathering, surveillance and reconnaissance .
- Meeting of Sudanese Leader, Netanyahu Sparks Criticism in Khartoum VOA 04 Feb 2020 -- The head of Sudan's ruling body, the Sovereign Council, met with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu in Uganda Monday to discuss normalizing relations between the countries. The meeting sparked criticism from religious leaders and some officials in Sudan, for whom Israel remains a sensitive issue.
- Morocco's military takes delivery of 3 Israeli-made Heron reconnaissance drones: Report Press TV 04 Feb 2020 -- The Moroccan military has reportedly received three Israeli-made and long-endurance Heron unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) as the Northern African country maintains informal but close intelligence ties with the Tel Aviv regime.
- Israel's Netanyahu, Sudan's ruling council chief meet in Uganda, sparking Palestinian ire Press TV 04 Feb 2020 -- Israel says it has reached an agreement with Sudan to jointly work towards normalization of ties, after leaders of the two sides held a secret meeting in Uganda, drawing angry reactions from all Palestinian factions.
- Saudi Arabia interested in purchasing Israeli-made Spike missiles: Report Press TV 03 Feb 2020 -- Saudi Arabia has reportedly shown interest in purchasing Israeli-made long-range Spike precision missiles as the Riyadh regime continues covert efforts to normalize relations with the Tel Aviv regime after years of clandestine contacts.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list