Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
January 2020 - Israel Special Weapons News
- Israel Tests Rocket Propulsion System for 2nd Time in 2 Months - Defence Ministry Sputnik 31 Jan 2020 -- Israel has successfully tested a rocket propulsion system for the second time in two months, the country's Defence Ministry confirmed on Friday, adding that the test took place at a military base in central Israel.
- Palestine free to end security cooperation with Israel, Abbas reportedly tells Netanyahu Press TV 30 Jan 2020 -- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has reportedly sent a note to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, warning that Palestine now feels free to stop security cooperation with the regime as part of the Oslo accords, which are "disavowed" by a contentious US-devised Middle East plan.
- Israel's Netanyahu Briefs Putin On Trump's Middle East Plan RFE/RL 30 Jan 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu is meeting with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow to discuss the U.S. peace plan for the Middle East.
- Jared Kushner Says He 'Read 25 Books' on Israeli-Palestinian Conflict and People Are Not Impressed Sputnik 30 Jan 2020 -- Presidential adviser Jared Kushner was one of the architects of Donald Trump's newly-unveiled proposal for the resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, which was hailed by Israel and preemptively rejected by Palestinians.
- Arab Views Diverge on Trump Mideast Peace Plan VOA 30 Jan 2020 -- The political proximity of Gulf leaders to U.S. President Donald Trump and their eagerness to include Israel in a solidified security stance against Iran has laid bare widening gaps on how to end the Israeli-Palestinian conflict in the wake of Tuesday's revelation of the American administration's Mideast peace plan.
- Israeli military aircraft crash-lands in West Bank; no casualties reported Press TV 29 Jan 2020 -- An Israeli military aircraft has crash-landed near a settlement in the occupied West Bank, with no casualties reported.
- Zarif derides US "Vision for Peace" IRNA 29 Jan 2020 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif in a message undermined the so-called US' "Vision for Peace", saying it is considered as sleepwalking into catastrophe.
- US disgraceful peace plan century's treason: Spox IRNA 29 Jan 2020 -- Foreign Ministry spokesman Abbas Mousavi condemned the US peace plan for the Palestinians as treachery of the century, saying that the plan is doomed.
- Trump unveils controversial Middle East peace plan People's Daily 29 Jan 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump on Tuesday revealed the long-awaited political aspect of his controversial Middle East peace plan, calling for a two-state solution while recognizing Jerusalem as Israel's "undivided capital."
- Palestinian president dismisses Trump's plan as 'conspiracy' Press TV 29 Jan 2020 -- Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas has adamantly dismissed as a "conspiracy" the Washington's so-called peace plan for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- 'Deal of Century': White House Reveals 'Vision to Improve Lives of Palestinian, Israeli People' Sputnik 29 Jan 2020 -- US President Donald Trump on Tuesday unveiled his 'Deal of the Century', a plan for settling the long-lasting conflict between the Palestine Authority and Israel. The agreement - crafted almost exclusively by Tel Aviv and Washington - was immediately rejected by Palestinian officials.
- Trump Unveils Middle East Peace Plan VOA 28 Jan 2020 -- Hoping to bring about a "new dawn in the Middle East," U.S. President Donald Trump unveiled his peace plan for the region on Tuesday with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu standing at his side.
- Remarks by President Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu of the State of Israel in Joint Statements The White House 28 Jan 2020
- President Donald J. Trump's Vision for Peace, Prosperity, and a Brighter Future for Israel and the Palestinian People The White House 28 Jan 2020
- Trump Calls For Two-State Solution, Says 'Undivided' Jerusalem To Be Israeli Capital RFE/RL 28 Jan 2020 -- U.S. President Donald Trump has endorsed a "contiguous," independent Palestinian state with a capital in eastern Jerusalem, but he made the move contingent upon Palestinians accepting several moves seen by many as difficult, as he unveiled his much-anticipated Middle East peace plan.
- Trump outlines contentious Palestine scheme, says Quds will be Israel's 'undivided capital' Press TV 28 Jan 2020 -- US President Donald Trump has repeated his hugely-controversial endorsement of occupied Jerusalem al-Quds as Israel's "undivided capital" as he outlined his administration's self-styled plan for the Palestinian-Israeli conflict, which Palestinians have already dismissed.
- Iran's Zarif slams US plan as 'nightmare' for region, world Press TV 28 Jan 2020 -- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif has lashed out at the US's so-called peace plan for the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, saying the initiative is a "nightmare" both for the region and the world.
- US disgraceful, imposed plan is treason of century: Iran Press TV 28 Jan 2020 -- Iran has censured US President Donald Trump's so-called "Deal of the century" on the decades-old Israeli-Palestinian conflict, describing it as "treason of the century."
- Land and Money: Key Provisions of Trump's Middle East Peace Deal Sputnik 28 Jan 2020 -- Along with proposing a solution to the territorial grievances between Israelis and Palestinians, Trump's initiative also outlines a $50 billion economic plan that would, according to the White House, "spur the Palestinian economy".
- Israel premier formally indicted on corruption charges Press TV 28 Jan 2020 -- Israel's prime minister Benjamin Netanyahu is formally indicted immediately after he dropped a bid to seek parliamentary immunity from prosecution on corruption charges.
- Israel's Attorney General Files Corruption Charges Against Netanyahu - Reports Sputnik 28 Jan 2020 -- Israel's Attorney General Avichai Mandelblit officially filed charges against Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu to a court on three corruption cases, namely bribery, fraud and breach of trust, Media reported on Tuesday.
- Israeli PM Benjamin Netanyahu Indicted for Bribery, Fraud, Breach of Trust VOA 28 Jan 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu made history Tuesday, becoming the first sitting Israeli prime minister to be indicted while in office. Netanyahu hopes U.S. President Donald Trump's Mideast peace proposal will move the Israeli public's focus away from the charges just five weeks before Israel's next round of elections.
- Netanyahu withdraws request for immunity from prosecution on graft charges Press TV 28 Jan 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has dropped his request for immunity from prosecution in three corruption cases.
- Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu Withdraws Immunity Request in Corruption Probe Sputnik 28 Jan 2020 -- Netanyahu is currently in the United States where he is to meet with President Trump, amid his announcement that he will reveal the "deal of the century" peace plan on Tuesday, which the POTUS promises will set out the way for the resolution of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict.
- Netanyahu Drops Immunity Request on Corruption Charges VOA 28 Jan 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu said Tuesday he withdrew his request for immunity from prosecution on corruption charges.
- Remarks by President Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu of the State of Israel Before Bilateral Meeting The White House 27 Jan 2020
- Remarks by President Trump and Prime Minister Netanyahu of the State of Israel Upon Arrival The White House 27 Jan 2020
- Saudi foreign minister says Israeli residents cannot visit Arab kingdom Press TV 27 Jan 2020 -- The Saudi foreign minister says residents of the Israeli regime are not welcome to visit the Arab country, a day after Tel Aviv announced that it would for the first time allow Israelis to travel to the kingdom under certain circumstances.
- Israel Officially Allows Citizens to Travel to Saudi Arabia - Reports Sputnik 26 Jan 2020 -- Israelis will now be allowed to travel to Saudi Arabia for up to 90-days for the country's Muslim minority to partake in Hajj and Umrah pilgrimages.
- Two Israeli Civilians Arrested for Spying on Behalf of Hamas Sputnik 27 Jan 2020 -- Israeli authorities have charged two Palestinians with various security offenses after an investigation determined that both Israeli citizens were recruited by Hamas to gather intelligence for future terror attacks.
- Remarks by Vice President Pence and Prime Minister Netanyahu of the State of Israel After Bilateral Meeting | Jerusalem, Israel The White House 23 Jan 2020
- Remarks by Vice President Pence and Prime Minister Netanyahu of the State of Israel After Bilateral Meeting The White House 23 Jan 2020
- Israel's Internal Politics Raise Tensions with Jordan VOA 22 Jan 2020 -- Jordan is increasingly on edge as Israeli politicians work to outbid each other over who will keep more of the territories captured from the Arab states in the 1967 war.
- Accused Russian Hacker To Plead Guilty To U.S. Charges; Case Prompted Diplomatic Fight With Israel RFE/RL 22 Jan 2020 -- A Russian man who was the subject of a three-year diplomatic scuffle between Russia, Israel, and the United States was set to plead guilty to U.S. charges related to the massive cybertheft of credit cards.
- Atomic Error: IAF F-35 Accidentally Reveals Location Over Secret Israeli Nuclear Facility Sputnik 21 Jan 2020 -- An Israeli F-35 stealth aircraft revealed to the world both its own location and that of Israel's primary nuclear facility on Monday when it turned on a publicly viewable transponder signal.
- Israeli Air Force Inaugurates Second Squadron of F-35I Adir Stealth Aircraft Sputnik 17 Jan 2020 -- The 116th "Lions of the South" squadron will join the 140th "Golden Eagle" unit on Thursday to become the Israeli Air Force's (IAF) second official group of F-35I Adir stealth fighter jets.
- Israeli Military Admit They Failed to Prevent Costly Flood Damage to Jets Sputnik 13 Jan 2020 -- Israel has been hit by torrential rains over the past week, resulting in the death of at least five people and extensive damage to buildings and infrastructure.
- Israeli Ground Attack Missiles Will Fill Gap in US Army Chopper Arsenal Sputnik 09 Jan 2020 -- Following successful tests, the US Army has decided to use the Israeli Spike missile on its attack helicopters until a domestic replacement can be produced.
- Israel Unveils Laser-Based Missile Interception System to Replace Iron Dome Sputnik 09 Jan 2020 -- The new system will undergo testing in the coming months with the goal of having it operational within a year and a half, replacing Israeli's current Iron Dome anti-missile system.
- Israel Braces for Possible Retaliation After Soleimani Killing VOA 06 Jan 2020 -- Israel is on high alert fearing possible retaliation for the U.S. killing of top Iranian general Qassem Soleimani. President Donald Trump has stepped up his rhetoric and Iranian leaders are threatening both the U.S. and Israel.
- Netanyahu drops clanger, calls Israel 'nuclear power' Press TV 05 Jan 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has, in an apparent stumble, called the occupying entity a "nuclear power" before correcting himself with a bashful nod and an embarrassed smile.
- Secretary Michael R. Pompeo's Call with Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu US Dept. of State 04 Jan 2020
- Greece, Cyprus, Israel Sign EastMed Gas Pipeline Deal To Ease Reliance On Russia RFE/RL 03 Jan 2020 -- Greece, Cyprus, and Israel have signed an agreement to construct 1,900-kilometer undersea pipeline to carry natural gas from the eastern Mediterranean to Europe and potentially help the continent reduce its dependency on Russia for energy supplies.
- Israel Unveils Unseen New Military Unit 'to Operate in All Fronts of the War' Sputnik 02 Jan 2020 -- The military did not reveal when it will become operational, but said troops that would be part of it have already arrived at a base, whose location has not been disclosed.
- Netanyahu to Seek Immunity in 3 Corruption Cases VOA 02 Jan 2020 -- Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu Wednesday said he will seek immunity from criminal prosecution in three corruption cases dealing with bribery, fraud and breach of trust.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list