Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
March 2022 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Rockets fired near base housing Turkish troops in Iraq's northern Nineveh province Press TV 30 Mar 2022 -- A number of rockets have rocked a military base in Iraq's northern province of Nineveh, which houses Turkish military forces engaged in ongoing operations against purported positions of the Kurdistan Workers' Party (PKK) militant group in the semi-autonomous Kurdistan region.
- US grants Iraq 120-day waiver to import energy from Iran Press TV 29 Mar 2022 -- The US has granted Iraq another 120-day sanctions waiver enabling continued cross-border imports of energy from Iran without triggering penalties, a State Department official has said.
- Iraqi parliament fails again to elect new president after session boycotted Press TV 26 Mar 2022 -- Iraq has once again failed to elect a new president due to a lack of quorum in the parliament, prolonging a bitter deadlock in Iraqi politics months after a general election considerably changed the make-up of the parliament.
- Iran's IRGC says will strike Israeli bases again if Iraqi Kurdistan officials fail to get rid of them Press TV 17 Mar 2022 -- The spokesman for Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) says the elite military force will not hesitate to strike other Israeli bases in Iraqi Kurdistan region if its officials do not dismantle them.
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Iraqi Prime Minister Mustafa al-Kadhimi US Dept. of State 14 Mar 2022
- Secretary Blinken's Call with Iraqi Kurdistan Region (IKR) Prime Minister Barzani US Dept. of State 14 Mar 2022
- A missile attack with two messages IRNA 14 Mar 2022 -- Iran's Sunday missile attack on Israeli targets in Iraq, on the one hand, is not a new example of such measures, but it is different from similar attacks in the past, on the other hand, and can affect equations in the Middle East.
- Statement by National Security Advisor Jake Sullivan on Iran Missile Attack on Kurdistan Region of Iraq The White House 13 Mar 2022
- Iran's missile strikes on the Kurdistan region of Iraq US Dept. of State 13 Mar 2022
- FCDO statement on attack on Erbil, Iraq UK FCDO 13 Mar 2022 -- The Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office have issued a statement in response to yesterday's attack on Erbil, Iraq.
- Iraqis Widely Condemn Iran Missile Attack on Irbil VOA 13 Mar 2022 -- Iran's ballistic missile strike on the northern city of Irbil, which damaged some residential structures but caused no casualties, has been criticized by leaders from across Iraq's political spectrum.
- IRGC confirms targeting Zionist scheming center IRNA 13 Mar 2022 -- The Public Relations of the Islamic Revolution Guard Corps (IRGC) in a statement issued on Sunday confirmed that the military body has targeted "the Zionists' center of plotting and evil" by pinpoint accuracy missiles.
- IRGC confirms targeting Zionist strategic center in Erbil ISNA 13 Mar 2022 -- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) in a statement confirmed that it targeted the Israeli center in Erbil with precision-guided missiles.
- IRGC warns Israel after missile strike on Mossad bases in Erbil Press TV 13 Mar 2022 -- Iran's Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) has issued a stern warning to Israel following a retaliatory missile strike on the "strategic center of Zionist conspiracy and evil" in the northern Iraqi Kurdistan city of Erbil.
- Ballistic missiles hit Mossad bases in Iraq's Erbil, kill Israeli officers: Iraqi media Press TV 13 Mar 2022 -- Iraqi media say a dozen of ballistic missiles have hit secret bases of Israel's Mossad spy agency in Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan region, with reports of fatalities among Mossad officers there.
- Iran's Revolutionary Guards Say They Were Behind Rocket Attack On Irbil RFE/RL 13 Mar 2022 -- Iran's Islamic Revolutionary Guards Corps (IRGC) have claimed responsibility for a rocket attack that targeted the northern Iraqi city of Irbil.
- Iran pursues rail connection with Iraq IRNA 13 Mar 2022 -- President of the Railways of the Islamic Republic of Iran in a trip to Iraq followed up completion of Shalamcheh-Basra railway that connects the two countries railroads.
- Islamic State Fighters in Iraq, Africa Line Up Behind New Leader VOA 11 Mar 2022 -- The Islamic State group is moving to solidify support for its new leader, sharing photos on social media showing fighters uniting behind his rule.
- Joint Statement of the Syria Special Envoy Meeting US Dept. of State 03 Mar 2022 -- Representatives of the Arab League, Egypt, the European Union, France, Germany, Iraq, Jordan, Norway, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Turkey, the United Kingdom, and the United States met in Washington D.C. on March 3 to discuss the ongoing crisis in Syria.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list