Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 January 2010 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 25 Jan 2010 [PDF]
- Iraqi Forces Arrest Terrorist Trainers AFPS 25 Jan 2010 -- Iraqi special operations forces with U.S. advisors arrested four suspected terrorists wanted on warrants southeast of Baghdad today.
- U.S., Iraqi Aviators Fly Together AFPS 25 Jan 2010 -- U.S. Division Center AH-64 Apache helicopter pilots from the 1st Cavalry Division’s 1st Air Cavalry Brigade flew a second joint mission Jan. 20 with UH-1 Huey helicopter pilots from the Iraqi air force.
- 2-12th FAR helps IA sustain checkpoints Battery 'Assault' remains present Army News 25 Jan 2010 -- Cars were searched and identification requested by Iraqi Army Soldiers who are well on their way to standing on their own.
- Air Cav conducts hoist training to prepare for emergencies Army News 25 Jan 2010 -- From the ground, it appears a daunting prospect - being hoisted 75 feet in the air to a hovering UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter.
- Tennessee National Guard 'maintains' northern Iraq aviation mission Army News 25 Jan 2010 -- They don't attract much public attention, and they're far less visible than the pilots and aircraft they support. But their mission is no less important. In fact, without them, those pilots wouldn't be able to fly their helicopters.
- Air Cav, Iraqi Air Force maintain partnership with joint flight Army News 25 Jan 2010 -- Military leaders are hoping the presence of an Iraqi aircraft and a U.S. aircraft flying side-by-side will send a positive message to the Iraqi population, again.
- Air cavalry conducts hoist training in Iraq Army News 25 Jan 2010 -- From the ground, it appears a daunting prospect -- being hoisted 75 feet in the air to a hovering UH-60 Black Hawk helicopter.
- Iraqi Bedouins seek role in secure future Army News 25 Jan 2010 -- While sitting under a handmade tent, leaders of the U.S. and Iraqi Armies met near Basrah, Iraq, Jan. 14, with local Bedouin Shaykhs who call this desert home.
- Vice president visits with 4-2 SBCT Army News 25 Jan 2010 -- Vice President of the United States Joe Biden met with members of 4th Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, "Raiders" and other deployed service members and civilians Jan. 23 as part of his visit this week to Iraq.
- Bombings at three Baghdad hotels kill 40 IRNA 25 Jan 2010 -- At least 40 people were killed and 80 wounded in almost simultaneous bombings at three hotels in Baghdad on Monday, Iraqi security officials said.
- At least 46 killed, some 100 injured in 3 Baghdad bombings RIA Novosti 25 Jan 2010 -- At least 46 people were killed and more than 100 injured as a result of three powerful explosions that hit the Iraqi capital Baghdad on Monday, a doctor said.
- Iraq Executes 'Chemical Ali' RFE/RL 25 Jan 2010 -- Ali Hassan al-Majid, one of the most notorious members of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein's former regime, was executed by hanging today.
- Iraq's 'Chemical Ali' executed by hanging RIA Novosti 25 Jan 2010 -- Ali Hassan al-Majid, a former Iraqi official better known as "Chemical Ali," was executed by hanging in Iraq shortly after midday on Monday, Saudi daily Al-Riaydh reported.
- Blasts Hit Baghdad; Government Executes 'Chemical Ali' VOA 25 Jan 2010 -- Three large explosions ripped through Baghdad Monday, killing at least 36 people and wounding more than 70 others. In the midst of the chaos, the Iraqi government announced the execution of "Chemical Ali" one of Saddam Hussein's most notorious lieutenants.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list