Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
21 January 2010 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 21 Jan 2010 [PDF]
- RED HORSE Airmen construct new facilities AFNS 21 Jan 2010 -- The 557th Expeditionary Rapid Engineer Deployable Heavy Operations Repair Squadron of Engineers recently constructed three buildings outside of Joint Base Balad in two months in support of the responsible drawdown of U.S. servicemembers from Iraq.
- Iraqi Forces Arrest al-Qaida Financier AFPS 21 Jan 2010 -- Iraqi security forces arrested two men affiliated with al-Qaida and detained two suspects in operations over the past two days in Iraq.
- U.S. Turns Over Training of Iraqi Federal Police AFPS 21 Jan 2010 -- Iraqi instructors are now exclusively teaching a four-phase Iraqi Federal Police training course at Contingency Operating Station Cashe South in Iraq.
- UN lauds start of ballot printing for Iraqi polls UN News Centre 21 Jan 2010 -- The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraqi (UNAMI) today congratulated Iraq’s Independent High Electoral Commission (IHEC) for kicking off the ballot process to print over 26 million ballots for the upcoming parliamentary elections.
- Iraq's President Orders Probe of Candidate Ban VOA 21 Jan 2010 -- Iraq's president has ordered an investigation into a decision to ban more than 500 candidates from elections set for March. The probe follows complaints their exclusion could undermine the legitimacy of the vote.
- Iraqi Officials Confirm Talks Held Abroad With Ba'athists, Insurgents RFE/RL 21 Jan 2010 -- Iraqi officials say they have met with Ba'athists and insurgent groups in neighboring countries recently in an effort to reintegrate them into the political process, RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq (RFI) reports.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list