Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
09 November 2009 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 09 Nov 2009 [PDF]
- DoD News: DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Two pilots killed in hard landing
- Marine dies in non-combat related incident (AL ANBAR PROVINCE)
- Nov. 8 airpower summary AFNS 09 Nov 2009 -- Coalition airpower integrated with ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Nov. 8 according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Forces Arrest Terrorism Suspects in Iraq AFPS 09 Nov 2009 -- Iraqi forces, partnered with U.S. advisors, have arrested numerous terrorism suspects in Iraq in recent days, military officials reported.
- Logistics, technical advisory team instructs Iraqi Army Soldiers Army News 09 Nov 2009 -- The Ur Logistics and Technical Advisory Team with the 36th Sustainment Brigade out of Temple, Texas, works with Iraqi Soldiers at the Ur Iraqi Army Regional Maintenance Center to improve their skills in maintenance and supply
- Mississippians, Iraqi Army partner to protect Q-West water supply Army News 09 Nov 2009 -- Members A Company, 2nd Battalion, 198th Combined Arms Brigade out of Hernando, Miss., met with their Iraqi counterparts in 1st Company, 2nd Battalion, 26th Brigade to review the IA's security measures for the Al-Qayyarah pump house located on the Tigris River/li>
- Gulf Region District engineers tackle Adhamiyah sewer issues Army News 09 Nov 2009 -- The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) is tackling age old problems in one of the oldest neighborhoods in Baghdad. Engineers from the Gulf Region District are managing a pair of projects in the Adhamiyah District to provide a new storm sewer system and a sanitary sewer network to residents in this northwestern suburb
- Mississippi armor company drives gun trucks, secures convoys Army News 09 Nov 2009 -- Mississippi Guardsmen overcame setbacks during a round-trip convoy security mission between Contingency Operating Location Q-West and Forward Operating Base Warrior Oct. 28 and 29
- 264th CSSB Opens Class I Warehouse Army News 09 Nov 2009 -- The 264th Combat Sustainment Support Battalion, a logistics battalion from Fort Bragg, N.C., opened a new Class I warehouse here Oct. 30
- Engineers in Iraq Take on New Role AFPS 09 Nov 2009 -- For most soldiers assigned to the 1st Armored Division’s 4th Brigade “Highlanders,” the unit's “advise and assist” mission requires a rethinking of traditional roles in a stability operations environment.
- Airmen build up reconstruction yard for drawdown AFNS 09 Nov 2009 -- Airmen of the 732nd Expeditionary Civil Engineer Squadron's Det. 6 here are not only in the business of pushing dirt, but also in pushing the U.S. military closer to drawdown in Iraq.
- Class I yard accepts Iraq-wide food turn in Army News 09 Nov 2009 -- In addition to their usual duties, service members at the Camp Stryker, Iraq, Class I yard manage the mass turn in of food rations from all corners of Iraq as the drawdown of U.S. troops and equipment progresses
- U.S. Leaders Hail New Iraqi Election Law AFPS 09 Nov 2009 -- President Barack Obama, Vice President Joe Biden and other senior U.S. government officials hailed yesterday’s Iraqi-parliament passage of a new election law that governs that country’s voting processes.
- Iraq Electoral Official Says Vote Will Happen On Time VOA 09 Nov 2009 -- Election officials in Iraq say the next general election will take place January 21. The announcement one day after a last-minute deal on the nation's electoral law, means the vote will be held within the time limits set by the constitution. Holding the vote will clear the way for the scheduled withdrawal of the bulk of U.S. troops in Iraq next year.
- Iraqi Parliament Passes Election Law, But Sidesteps Key Difficulty RFE/RL 09 Nov 2009 -- After weeks of argument, the Iraqi parliament has finally passed a new electoral law that will allow crucial national elections to go ahead early next year.
- Iraqi Official Proposes January 21 Election Date VOA 09 Nov 2009 -- An Iraqi election official has proposed that the nation's parliamentary poll be held on January 21, five days later than previously scheduled.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list