Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
08 November 2009 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Nov. 7 airpower summary AFNS 08 Nov 2009 -- Coalition airpower integrated with ground forces in Iraq and the International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Nov. 7 according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Obama: Iraq Election Law an "Important Milestone" VOA 08 Nov 2009 -- U.S. President Barack Obama says the approval of a long-delayed election law by the Iraqi parliament is an important milestone. Mr. Obama says it helps clear the way for a planned withdrawal of American combat troops.
- Iraq To Restrict Campaign Advertising RFE/RL 08 Nov 2009 -- An Iraqi election official says campaign advertising will being strictly regulated in the run-up to next year's national elections to avoid the practices of previous years, RFE/RL's Radio Free Iraq (RFI) reports
- Iraqi Parliament Approves New Electoral Law After Raucous Debate VOA 08 Nov 2009 -- The Iraqi parliament has approved a long delayed electoral law, amid bitter quarrels among Arab, Kurdish and Turkomen politicians. The electoral law is necessary for parliamentary elections to be held close to their original scheduled date on January 16th.
- IRAQ: Food insecurity on the rise, says official IRIN 08 Nov 2009 -- More and more people in Iraq are being affected by food insecurity, a senior official has said.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list