16 October 2009 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 16 Oct 2009 [PDF]
- Oct.15 airpower summary: F-16 covers coalition convoy AFNS 16 Oct 2009 -- Coalition airpower integrated with ground forces in Iraq and ISAF in Afghanistan during operations.
- ESC team efforts bring new combined air, space operations center to life AFNS 16 Oct 2009 -- ESC team worked to bring to life a new, state-of-the-art combined air and space operations center in Southwest Asia for joint and coalition combat forces.
- Logistics battalion aids in retrograde of western Iraq USMC News 16 Oct 2009 -- With the Marine Corps mission in Iraq coming closer to an end, all of the gear and equipment has to be sent back to the states.
- Supporting the drawdown Army News 16 Oct 2009 -- Soldiers from the 1083rd Transportation Company, a National Guard unit from La., are jumping at the opportunity to run missions
- 840th Deployment Distribution Support Battalion mission expands Army News 16 Oct 2009 -- The mission of the 840th Deployment Distribution Support Battalion has expanded recently due to the re-deployment of many units in accordance with the responsible drawdown of forces throughout Iraq in the coming months
- Thousands of Iraqi refugees still waiting for resettlement, UN agency says UN News Centre 16 Oct 2009 -- The United Nations refugee agency has referred more than 80,000 Iraqis to resettlement countries worldwide, with the vast majority of them designated for the United States, but so far fewer than half have left for their new homes, a spokesman said today.
- US, UN Urge Iraqis to Finish Election Law AFPS 16 Oct 2009 -- American and United Nations officials are urging the Iraqi parliament to move quickly on legislation to allow Iraq to hold national elections in January.
- Iraqi Premier Warns Of Dangers Of Political Corruption RFE/RL 16 Oct 2009 -- Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki has described political corruption as a serious problem in Iraq that interferes with national unity.
- Iraqi agency assumes full air traffic control at Baghdad airport AFNS 16 Oct 2009 -- The Iraq Civil Aviation Authority assumed full control of daily air traffic operations at the Baghdad International Airport air traffic control tower Oct. 1.
- Suicide bomber kills 12 in north Iraq mosque RIA Novosti 16 Oct 2009 -- At least 12 people were killed and 42 injured by a suicide bomber in a Sunni Mosque in northern Iraq.
- At Least 11 Killed at Sunni Mosque in Iraq VOA 16 Oct 2009 -- Iraqi police say a suicide bomber has killed at least 11 people in an attack on a mosque in northern Iraq.
- Malaysia Arrests Iraqi Terrorism Suspect on False Passport VOA 16 Oct 2009 -- Malaysian authorities have arrested a fugitive Iraqi terrorism suspect as he tried to enter the Asian country using a false passport.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|