14 September 2009 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 14 Sep 2009 [PDF]
- DoD News: DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Sept. 13 airpower summary: Super Hornets sting enemy forces AFNS 14 Sep 2009 -- Coalition airpower integrated with ground forces in Iraq and ISAF troops in Afghanistan during operations.
- True team effort behind weather squadron's success AFNS 14 Sep 2009 -- Today's Airmen are becoming increasingly familiar with words like "joint" and "total force" regardless of where they are.
- NATO Training Mission-Iraq Opens New HQ in Int’l Zone (Baghdad) MNF-I 14 Sep 2009 -- With a slice from a scissor, the ribbon was cut and NATO Training Mission-Iraq inaugurated their new headquarters at Forward Operating Base Union III in the International Zone Sept. 13.
- Iraqis Arrest Terrorism Suspects AFPS 14 Sep 2009 -- Iraqi security forces, assisted by U.S. advisors, arrested suspected terrorists in the Baghdad and Tikrit areas of Iraq.
- "Dragon" platoon sustains mission Army News 14 Sep 2009 -- More often than not, the credit behind a combat unit's success is placed upon the Soldiers who conduct ground operations on a daily basis.
- Chaos creates competence: Rollover training provides unique experience Army News 14 Sep 2009 -- Since May, there have been 28 MRAP vehicle rollovers in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 25th Infantry Division hands over Diyala to 3rd Stryker Brigade MNF-I 14 Sep 2009 -- With a combined Iraqi - U.S. color guard and leadership from the Iraqi Security Forces, Diyala Governance and U.S. Forces present, the responsibility for the partnership and security of Diyala Province was transferred from the 1st Stryker Brigade Combat Team, "Arctic Wolves", to the 3rd Stryker Brigade Combat Team, 2nd Infantry Division, "Arrowhead" in a transfer of authority ceremony held on Forward Operating Base Warhorse, Sept. 12
- Army Sends New Explosives Team to Train Iraqis AFPS 14 Sep 2009 -- The Army has deployed the first of its new highly specialized explosive hazards teams to train Iraqis to counter explosives.
- Federal Appeals Court Rules in Favor of CACI in Abu Ghraib Case CACI 14 Sep 2009 -- CACI International Inc (NYSE:CACI) announced today that it welcomes a ruling handed down by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit dismissing the claims in two lawsuits filed in 2004.
- Shoe-throwing Iraqi journalist to be released from jail RIA Novosti 14 Sep 2009 -- An Iranian journalist who threw his shoes at then-US president George Bush last December expected to be released from jail.
- Iraqi Province Sees Major Power Boost From Reconstruction Aid RFE/RL 14 Sep 2009 -- Iraqi official: 15 power projects being worked on by US Provincial Reconstruction Team in Iraq's province of Dhi Qar.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|