Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
17 December 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 17 Dec 2008 [PDF]
- Three Terrorists Killed, 14 Detained in Iraq AFPS 17 Dec 2008 -- Three terrorists were killed and 14 suspects were detained as coalition forces continued to degrade al-Qaida in Iraq facilitation and leadership networks during multiple operations today and yesterday, military officials reported.
- Dec. 16 airpower summary: A-10s conduct shows of force AFNS 17 Dec 2008 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Dec. 16, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Checkmates Fly from Iraq into Sunset Navy NewsStand 17 Dec 2008 -- The Sailors of Sea Control Squadron (VS) 22 returned to Naval Air Station Jacksonville Dec. 15 after completing a five-month deployment to Al-Asad Air Base, Iraq, in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- British Troops to Complete Iraq Mission in 2009 VOA 17 Dec 2008 -- British Prime Minister Gordon Brown says British troops will complete their mission in Iraq by May 31, 2009 - and will leave the country by the end of July.
- Significant step taken for proposed referendum in Basra, says UN’s Iraq mission UN News Centre 17 Dec 2008 -- Preparations are in place enabling the people of the oil-rich Iraqi province of Basra to officially demonstrate their support of a proposed referendum to form a region with some devolved power from the central Government, the United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq (UNAMI) announced today.
- US Commission Reports Iraqi Religious Minorities Face Persecution VOA 17 Dec 2008 -- In a new report on Iraq, the U.S. Commission on International Religious Freedom says religious minorities in Iraq face persecution. The commission, which recommends that the U.S. government designate Iraq a country of particular concern because of religious freedom violations, issued its findings in a news conference on Capitol Hill.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list