Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
03 December 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Operational Update: Lt. Gen. Austin, MNC-I, Dec. 3, 2008 MNF-I 03 Dec 2008 -- Lt. Gen. Lloyd Austin, commander, Multi-National Corps-Iraq, provides an update about security progress, Sons of Iraq, and Iraqi Security Forces
- Dec. 2 airpower summary: F-16s provide top cover AFNS 03 Dec 2008 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Dec. 2, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Cooperation Leads to Weapons Seizures in Iraq AFPS 03 Dec 2008 -- Coalition and Iraqi security forces seized multiple weapons caches in Iraq this week in their ongoing effort to remove weapons from insurgents, military officials reported.
- Forces Must Take Advantage of Security Gains, General Says AFPS 03 Dec 2008 -- Violence in Iraq is at an all-time low since the beginning of the war, but challenges remain as a result of the improved security situation, the commander of coalition ground forces said today during a Baghdad news conference.
- Azerbaijanis end mission at Haditha Dam MNF-I 03 Dec 2008 -- Coalition forces thanked soldiers assigned to the 1st Azerbaijani Peacekeeping Company for their service in Iraq at a ceremony held on Al Asad Airbase Dec. 3 as the Azerbaijanis ended their mission in Iraq
- Small country, big mission; Azerbaijanis complete tour in Iraq USMC News 03 Dec 2008 -- For the past five years, service members from a small country approximately the size of South Carolina have been providing vital security for one of Iraq's major source of power, the Haditha Dam
- Azerbaijan Ends Mission to Iraq VOA 03 Dec 2008 -- Azerbaijan ended its small military mission to Iraq Wednesday, the latest coalition country to pull out before a U.N. mandate ends this month.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list