Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
02 December 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Human rights abuses continue in Iraq, despite security improvement, UN reports UN News Centre 02 Dec 2008 -- Grave rights abuses persisted in Iraq during the first half of this year, including targeted killings of professionals, assaults on minorities, alleged widespread torture of detainees and attacks against women, despite great improvements in general security, according to a new United Nations report released today.
- UN: Human Rights Abuses in Iraq Still Widespread VOA 02 Dec 2008 -- The United Nations Assistance Mission for Iraq has released its 13th human-rights report, which covers the first six months of 2008 and shows a marked drop in violent attacks by militias or criminal gangs in the country.
- Iraq's 'Chemical Ali' Gets Second Death Sentence RFE/RL 02 Dec 2008 -- An Iraqi court has sentenced Saddam Hussein's cousin "Chemical Ali" to death for the killing of thousands of Shi'ites in a ruthless crackdown on their uprising after the 1991 Gulf War
- Iraqi Court Sentences Saddam Cousin 'Chemical Ali' to Death VOA 02 Dec 2008 -- Saddam Hussein's cousin, Ali Hassan al-Majid, known in the West as "Chemical Ali," for his role in gassing thousands of Kurds in the late 1980s, has been condemned to death by an Iraqi court for a second time.
- Internal training key to Iraqi air force independence AFNS 02 Dec 2008 -- As the Iraqi parliament works out the details of the new status of forces agreement that calls for American forces to withdraw from the country in 2011, Iraqi air force emergency responders from New al Muthana Air Base took the lead for the first time in a mass casualty response exercise Nov. 21 as they learn how to operate independent of their American counterparts
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list