Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
01 December 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 01 Dec 2008 [PDF]
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Col. James and CDR. Vranken from Iraq DoD 01 Dec 2008-- Presenter: Commander, 4th Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division Col.Tom James, Team Leader, Embedded Provincial Reconstruction Mr. Howard Van Vranken
- Iraqi, Coalition Forces Capture Prison Break Suspects, Others AFPS 01 Dec 2008 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces captured suspected terrorists during separate operations in northern provinces in recent days, including two men believed to have helped inmates escape from Badush Prison in 2006, military officials reported.
- Face of Defense: Soldier Provides ‘Eyes in Sky’ for Ground Forces AFPS 01 Dec 2008 -- Troops on the ground in Iraq have an “eye in the sky,” thanks to soldiers like Army Spc. Rodolfo Delatorre in the 4th Infantry Division’s Combat Aviation Brigade, who launches, recovers and maintains the Shadow unmanned aerial system.
- Nov. 30 airpower summary: A-10s perform shows of force AFNS 01 Dec 2008 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force in Afghanistan during operations Nov. 30, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Explosions Rock Baghdad and Mosul VOA 01 Dec 2008 -- Terrorists stepped up their attacks inside Iraq Monday, setting off explosions in Baghdad and Mosul that killed at least 33 people.
- Agreement Sparks Optimism Among Iraqis, Colonel Says AFPS 01 Dec 2008 -- Iraqis in Karbala and Babil provinces welcomed the Nov. 27 passing of the U.S.-Iraq status-of-forces agreement, recognizing the important role the United States plays in Iraqi security and governance, a senior U.S. military officer posted in Iraq said today.
- Colonel Notes Absence of Tensions as Iraqi Elections Near AFPS 01 Dec 2008 -- Coalition forces officials in Iraq’s Babil and Karbala provinces have not seen tensions rise among political groups vying for power as elections approach next month, a senior U.S. military officer posted in Iraq said today.
- Bush: Iraq Intelligence Failure 'Biggest Regret' VOA 01 Dec 2008 -- U.S. President George Bush said in a new interview that he came to office unprepared for war, and that his biggest regret is the flawed intelligence that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list