28 August 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 28 Aug 2008 [PDF]
- MND-B Soldier attacked by SAF (Baghdad)
- MND-B Soldier attacked in IED strike (Baghdad)
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Col. White from Baghdad 28 Aug 2008 -- Presenter: Commander, 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division, Col. Pat White
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Transition Update: Lt. Gen. Helmick, Mr. al-Bulani, Aug. 28, 2008 MNF-I 28 Aug 2008 -- Lt. Gen. Frank G. Helmick, commander, Multi-National Security Transition Command - Iraq and NATO Training Mission - Iraq, and Mr. Jawad al-Bulani, Iraqi Minister of Interior, provide an update
- Marines, LEP work together Navy NewsStand 28 Aug 2008 -- Marines with 3rd Battalion, 4th Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team 5 and the battalion's law enforcement professional is working closely to prosecute criminals in Iraq.
- Coalition Forces in Iraq Detain Nine Suspects, Find IED AFPS 28 Aug 2008 -- Coalition forces in Iraq detained nine suspected terrorists, including two alleged al-Qaida in Iraq leaders, and found an improvised explosive device during operations in Baghdad and the Hamrin Mountains region of Diyala province today, military officials reported.
- Charleston Airmen deploy to support war on terrorism AFPN 28 Aug 2008 -- More than 130 Charleston Air Force Base Airmen deployed from here Aug. 27 to a forward-deployed location in Southwest Asia to support operations Enduring Freedom and Iraqi Freedom.
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Adm. Mullen from the Pentagon 28 Aug 2008 -- Presenter: Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff, Adm. Michael Mullen
- Chairman Discusses Iraq, Afghanistan, Georgia AFPS 28 Aug 2008 -- The chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff addressed the security situation in Iraq, the need for more U.S. troops in Afghanistan and the Georgia challenge during a Pentagon news conference today.
- Colonel Credits Predecessor, Iraqi Forces for Improvements AFPS 28 Aug 2008 -- Coalition forces in the Madain community south of Baghdad are shifting their efforts from predominantly offensive operations to improving central services and further developing the local government, a military official posted in Iraq said today.
- Iraq: US Plans Anbar Security Control Transfer Monday VOA 28 Aug 2008 -- Iraqi officials say the United States will transfer security control of Iraq's Anbar province to Iraqi forces on Monday, September 1.
- Iraq's Talabani Says US Agrees to Troop Pullout Compromise VOA 28 Aug 2008 -- Iraqi President Jalal Talabani says the United States asked for permission to keep troops in Iraq until 2015 but later agreed to a 2011 withdrawal date.
- Rejuvenated Iraqi National Police Now 'Force of Choice,' General Says AFPS 28 Aug 2008 -- The Iraqi National Police once owned an unenviable reputation for unreliability, but that has all changed, a senior U.S. military officer posted in Iraq said today.
- UK troops suffer higher death rate in Afghanistan than Iraq IRNA 28 Aug 2008 -- British forces are being killed in Afghanistan at a faster rate than at the height of the war in Iraq, according to an analysis of casualty figures.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|