Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
25 August 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 25 Aug 2008 [PDF]
- Coalition Forces Detain Nine Suspects in Iraq AFPS 25 Aug 2008 -- Coalition forces in Iraq detained nine suspected terrorists, including five wanted men, during operations around the country targeting al-Qaida leaders yesterday and today, military officials reported.
- Coalition Forces Capture Two Key al-Qaida Leaders in Baghdad AFPS 25 Aug 2008 -- Coalition forces captured two suspected senior al-Qaida in Iraq leaders here during recent operations, military officials reported.
- 'Warloards' help city of Rawah grow USMC News 25 Aug 2008 -- After nearly three years of Marine Corps units operating out of the Rawah Iraqi Police Station, the "Warlords" of Company F, Task Force 2nd Battalion, 2nd Marine Regiment, Regimental Combat Team 5 have officially demilitarized the building and returned it to the city Aug. 12.
- Iraqis sign container contract with Joint Base Balad AFPN 25 Aug 2008 -- An Iraqi businessman, a local tribal leader and the commander of Joint Contracting Command-Iraq/Afghanistan gathered here Aug. 21 for a ribbon-cutting ceremony of the latest contract for the Iraqi First program between Joint Base Balad and the Miran Co.
- Maliki: Iraq, US Agree to No Foreign Troops After 2011 VOA 25 Aug 2008 -- Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki says the United States has agreed in negotiations to withdraw all its troops from Iraq by 2011.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list