Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
09 July 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 09 Jul 2008 [PDF]
- CF Soldiers attacked in Salah ad Din
- PRESS CONFERENCE: Operational/JCC-I Update: Maj. Gen. Bergner, Rear Adm. Dussault, July 9, 2008 MNF-I 09 Jul 2008 -- Maj. Gen. Kevin J. Bergner, MNF-I spokesman, and Rear Adm. Kathleen M. Dussault, commander, JCC - Iraq/Afghanistan, provide an operational/JCC-I update
- July 8 airpower summary: Reaper drops bomb on enemy AFPN 09 Jul 2008
- Troops in Iraq Capture Four Suspects, Seize Weapons AFPS 09 Jul 2008 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces detained four suspects and seized caches of weapons in Iraq over the past three days, military officials said.
- U.S., Iraqi Forces Quell Violence Throughout Iraq AFPS 09 Jul 2008 -- If you asked Army Lt. Gen. Lloyd J. Austin in April which cities in Iraq were the hot spots and would be the focus of his forces' efforts, he would have replied quickly: Basra, Mosul, Diyala and Baghdad's Sadr City district.
- Last 'Surge' Brigade redeploys MNF-I 09 Jul 2008 -- Soldiers from the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, are redeploying back to Fort Stewart, Ga., this month.
- US Reiterates Opposition to 'Arbitrary' Iraq Troop Pullout VOA 09 Jul 2008 -- The Bush administration says it remains opposed to setting a date for withdrawal of U.S.-led forces from Iraq that is not based on conditions in the country.
- Iraqi Forces Continue to Improve, But Threat Remains, General Says AFPS 09 Jul 2008 -- Iraq's security forces acquitted themselves well during recent Iraqi-initiated anti-terrorist operations in Baghdad's Sadr City section, Basra, Mosul and Amarah, Army Lt. Gen. James M. Dubik, the former commander of Multinational Security Transition Command Iraq and the NATO training mission in Iraq, said in testimony before the House Armed Services Committee.
- US General: Iraqi Forces Will Need Long-Term Help VOA 09 Jul 2008 -- A U.S. general formerly in charge of training Iraq's army and police forces since 2007 says they will require long-term assistance from the United States
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list