Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
12 June 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- EOD-6 Sailors Return Safely from Iraq Navy NewsStand 12 Jun 2008 -- Thirty-one Sailors assigned to Explosive Ordnance Disposal Mobile Unit 6 (EODMU-6) returned to Naval Weapons Station Charleston June 7 following a five-month deployment to Iraq.
- Mullen Hails Iraqi Political Debate on U.S.-Iraq Strategic Framework AFPS 12 Jun 2008 -- Ongoing debate within Iraq's political realm about negotiations over the U.S.-Iraq strategic framework agreement indicates the healthy development of Iraq's young democracy, the U.S. military's top officer said here today.
- Improved Iraqi Security Leads to Reconstruction, Jobs AFPS 12 Jun 2008 -- Improvements in overall security incidents and Iraqi forces continued to rise during the past week, enabling the central government and coalition forces to begin progress in other areas vital to Iraq's growth and sovereignty, a senior U.S. military official in Iraq said yesterday.
- Too Early to Predict Further U.S. Troop Cuts in Iraq, Mullen Says AFPS 12 Jun 2008 -- The number of U.S. troops in Iraq is slated to decrease from 20 to 15 brigades by the end of July, but it is too soon now to predict additional reductions, the U.S. military's top officer said here today.
- Iraqi refugees in Iran held up by red tape and border closures, UN says UN News Centre 12 Jun 2008 -- The United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) says that some 300 ethnic Arab Iraqi refugees in Jahrom camp in southern Iran have been waiting since last year for security clearance from the Iraqi authorities before they can return, while another 200 refugees in the camp have also expressed interest in returning to their home country.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list