02 June 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 02 Jun 2008 [PDF]
- MNF-W Soldier dies in non-combat related incident
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Maj. Gen. Jeffery Hammond from Iraq 02 Jun 2008 -- Presenter: Commanding General, Multinational Division-Baghdad Maj. Gen. Jeffery Hammond
- June 1 airpower summary: F-15Es conduct show of force AFPN 02 Jun 2008
- Iraqi, U.S. Soldiers, Bring Aid to Village AFPS 02 Jun 2008 -- The line extended out the gate and around the corner, and it disappeared up the narrow street as residents of Dehna, a village west of Baghdad, lined up waiting for aid May 29.
- 2nd BCT Plants Seeds of Success with Farming Initiatives Army News 02 Jun 2008 -- After nearly a year in Iraq as the last of the "surge brigades," the 2nd Brigade Combat Team, 3rd Infantry Division, has seen the south-Baghdad area transformed from insurgent stronghold to model of peace and security.
- Where Eagles Dare: Chinook Crew Supports Nightime Raid Army News 02 Jun 2008 -- After months of training, American and Iraqi Special Forces, and American CH-47 Chinook and AH-64 Apache crews all participated in a recent mission here to capture high-value targets in northern Iraq as part of Operation Santa Monica.
- Two Enemy Fighters Killed, Dozens More Detained in Iraq AFPS 02 Jun 2008 -- Coalition forces killed two enemy fighters, detained dozens of terrorism suspects and discovered several weapons caches in Iraq, military officials reported.
- Australian Combat Troops End Iraq Deployment VOA 02 Jun 2008 -- Australian combat troops have begun leaving Iraq
- President Awards Medal of Honor to Soldier Killed in Iraq Army News 02 Jun 2008 -- Spc. Ross McGinnis was posthumously awarded the Medal of Honor by President George W. Bush in a White House ceremony Monday morning.
- Bush Presents Medal of Honor to Fallen Army Hero's Family AFPS 02 Jun 2008 -- President Bush presented the Medal of Honor to fallen Army hero Spc. Ross A. McGinnis' parents during a White House ceremony here today.
- Lessons Learned at Abu Ghraib Drive Current Detainee Policies AFPS 02 Jun 2008 -- Four years ago, Iraq's Abu Ghraib prison was center-stage amid allegations of detainee abuse, and coalition forces suddenly cast as conquerors instead of liberators, losing the trust of the Iraqi people.
- U.S. General in Iraq Takes Measures to Prevent Suicides AFPS 02 Jun 2008 -- The U.S. general responsible for operations in Baghdad announced today that he is taking proactive measures to prevent soldiers in his command from taking their own lives.
- U.S. General Expresses Optimism About Baghdad Operations AFPS 02 Jun 2008 -- The U.S. two-star general responsible for operations in Baghdad today expressed optimism about the current state of anti-insurgent efforts in and around Iraq's capital city.
- IRAQ: Juveniles languish for months in US-run prisons in Iraq - HRW IRIN 02 Jun 2008 -- The traffic light turned to red and as cars stopped at one of Baghdad's central intersections, Haider Jassim Mohammed emerged with tissue boxes, urging drivers to buy one.
- France's Kouchner, Kurdistan's Barzani Discuss Kirkuk Referendum VOA 02 Jun 2008 -- French Foreign Minister Bernard Kouchner have spent two days in Iraq on a previously unannounced visit to meet with political leaders in Baghdad and the semi-autonomous Kurdish region in northern Iraq
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|