22 May 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 22 May 2008 [PDF]
- May 21 airpower summary: F-15s provide show of force AFPN 22 May 2008
- Troops in Iraq Kill 13 Enemy Fighters, Catch 79 Suspects AFPS 22 May 2008 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces killed 13 enemy fighters, detained 79 suspects, and uncovered makeshift bombs and other weapons in recent operations in Iraq, military officials said.
- Aviation Unit Flies 200th Air Assault Mission in Iraq AFPS 22 May 2008 -- As grand accomplishments go, a Task Force Marne aviation brigade's 200th combat air assault mission during their current deployment to Iraq went off with as little fanfare as possible.
- 2 Children Among Dead Following US Strike in Iraq VOA 22 May 2008 -- Iraqi police say a U.S. military strike killed eight people, including two children, north of Baghdad.
- Riverine Squadron 2 Returns Home Navy NewsStand 22 May 2008 -- Approximately 130 Sailors from the Navy's Riverine Squadron (RIVRON) 2 returned home here from its nearly eight-month deployment, May 22.
- US Commander in Iraq Sees Troop Cuts Later This Year VOA 22 May 2008 -- The top U.S. commander in Iraq says another drawdown of U.S. troops is likely later this year because of improved security
- Petraeus Discusses Challenges in Central Command Area AFPS 22 May 2008 -- Army Gen. David H. Petraeus gave senators his view of the U.S. Central Command during confirmation testimony before the Senate Armed Services Committee here today.
- Commanders in Iraq Will Get All Resources Needed to Win, Bush Vows AFPS 22 May 2008 -- President Bush praised his choice as the new commander of U.S. Central Command and vowed that U.S. commanders will receive all available resources to defeat Iraq-based terrorists during his visit to Fort Bragg, N.C., today.
- Odierno Tells Senate U.S. Military Headed in Right Direction in Iraq AFPS 22 May 2008 -- The United States "is not out of the woods yet" in Iraq, but the nation is headed in the right direction, the man nominated to be the next Multinational Force Iraq commander said today.
- President Bush Sees Progress in Iraq VOA 22 May 2008 -- U.S. President George Bush says Iraq's military is making progress against Iranian-backed militia and al-Qaeda terrorists
- Pentagon Praises Performance of Iraqi Troops VOA 22 May 2008 -- The U.S. Department of Defense has expressed satisfaction with Iraqi troops' performance in ongoing military campaigns throughout the country
- Security Improves in Iraq's Ninevah Province, General Says AFPS 22 May 2008 -- Iraqi and U.S. forces have significantly improved security in Iraq's Ninevah province, a senior U.S. military commander in the region said yesterday.
- Analysis: A Long Road for Iraq's Refugees cfr.org 22 May 2008 -- The plight of Iraq's refugees, often overlooked amid the ongoing challenges of reconstruction and redevelopment, has surfaced as a major policy challenge for the United States and Iraq as nongovernmental organizations, aid groups, and lawmakers demand more be done to address the problem
- IRAQ: Ministry issues drought warning IRIN 22 May 2008 -- Iraq is suffering from water shortages that could lead to widespread drought as a result of the water policies of neighbouring countries and an unusually dry winter, the Iraqi Water Resources Ministry has said in a statement.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|