Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
20 March 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- General Wants to Build on Iraqi Security Progress AFPS 20 Mar 2008 -- New units moving into Iraq have the challenge of continuing the security improvements while helping the Iraqis build economic and political structures, the commander of a U.S. division preparing to take on that task said today.
- Gates Meets Top US Commanders to Prepare Iraq Report VOA 20 Mar 2008 -- The day after President Bush marked the fifth anniversary of the beginning of the Iraq War, some of his top defense officials met to work on planning for the war's next phase.
- US Presidential Candidate McCain says al-Qaida 'On The Run' VOA 20 Mar 2008 -- U.S. presidential candidate John McCain met Thursday with British Prime Minister Gordon Brown and told reporters afterwards that "al-Qaida is on the run" in Iraq
- Congressmen visit Camp Dublin and Besmaya Range Complex MNF-I 20 Mar 2008 -- Representative Brad Ellsworth (D-IN), Representative Carol Shea Porter (D-NH) and Representative Sheila Jackson Lee (D-TX) visited members of the Multi-National Security Transition Command - Iraq and Iraqi military Mar. 19.
- Ban Ki-moon recommends UN transfer $100 million to Iraq development fund UN News Centre 20 Mar 2008 -- Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon has recommended the Security Council transfer $100 million from United Nations Iraq Account, made up of funds related to the expired oil-for-food programme, to an account for the country's development, a UN spokesperson said today.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list