11 March 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 11 Mar 2008 [PDF]
- Coalition force Soldiers attacked by IED (Ad Diwaniyah)
- March 10 airpower summary: B-1Bs conduct show of force AFPN 11 Mar 2008
- March 9 airpower summary: C-17s deliver supplies to front AFPN 11 Mar 2008
- Airmen aid coalition ground forces one leaflet at a time AFPN 11 Mar 2008 -- American Airman here and members of the Australian Defence Force recently teamed up to deliver critical information to Iraqi civilians in southern Iraq.
- Assistant surgeon general visits Balad hospital AFPN 11 Mar 2008 -- The assistant Air Force surgeon general for nursing services and medical force development met with deployed medics March 3 and 4 at Balad Air Base.
- Coalition Troops in Iraq Detain 11 Suspected Terrorists AFPS 11 Mar 2008 -- Coalition forces in Iraq detained 11 suspected terrorists today during operations to disrupt al Qaeda networks in central and northern Iraq, military officials said.
- U.S. Bomber Destroys Al Qaeda in Iraq Jail, Torture Facility AFPS 11 Mar 2008 -- Three buildings that had served as an al Qaeda detention and torture facility were destroyed yesterday by a U.S. military bomber.
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Secretary Robert Gates from the Pentagon 11 Mar 2008 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates
- Gates Accepts Resignation of CENTCOM Chief Fallon AFPS 11 Mar 2008 -- Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates today reluctantly accepted Navy Adm. William J. "Fox" Fallon's letter of resignation as commander of U.S. Central Command and request for retirement. Fallon's resignation will take effect March 31, Gates said in a Pentagon news conference.
- US Middle East Commander to Retire VOA 11 Mar 2008 -- The senior U.S. military officer responsible managing the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and U.S. military engagement throughout the Middle East, Central Asia and East Africa, has decided to retire this month after a magazine article said he opposed administration policy toward Iran
- Mullen Observes Fort Carson Unit Training for Iraq Deployment AFPS 11 Mar 2008
- U.S. Troop Returns to be Based on Success, Bush Says AFPS 11 Mar 2008 -- U.S. troop returns will be based on successes on the ground in Iraq, not politics, President Bush said today.
- Bush: Iraq Decisions Will Not Be Affected By 'Politics of 2008' VOA 11 Mar 2008 -- President Bush says America's election-year politics will not affect his commitment to keep U.S. troops in Iraq
- Iraq Report Cites Security Gains, Need for Political, Economic Progress AFPS 11 Mar 2008 -- The latest quarterly report on the situation in Iraq notes continued security improvements and limited but important political, economic and diplomatic progress that must expand to preserve fragile security gains.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|