Weapons of Mass Destruction (WMD)
24 January 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 24 Jan 2008 [PDF]
- Jan. 23 airpower summary: A-10s strike enemy positions AFPN 24 Jan 2008
- Suicide Bomb Kills Iraqi Police Chief VOA 24 Jan 2008 -- In Iraq, a top police chief was killed in the northern city of Mosul Thursday after a suicide bomber struck officials touring the site of a previous blast
- Insurgents Out, Combat Outpost In Army News 24 Jan 2008 -- Just days after a major precision air strike in southern Arab Jabour to root out al-Qaeda in Iraq, combat engineers traversed the battlefield, arriving in the area to construct Multi-National Division - Center's newest combat outpost.
- Officials Denounce Mosul Terror Bombing AFPS 24 Jan 2008 -- Senior U.S. military officials denounced yesterday's deadly terror bombing that reportedly killed at least 30 Iraqi citizens and three Iraqi soldiers and injured at least 150 civilians in the northern Iraq city of Mosul.
- Joint Raid Yields Capture of Terror Cell Leader AFPS 24 Jan 2008 -- The suspected leader of an al Qaeda in Iraq-affiliated terror cell was detained Jan. 22 in Balad, Iraq, during a joint raid by Iraqi and American forces, military officials reported.
- With Al Qaeda Gone, Combat Outpost Construction Begins AFPS 24 Jan 2008 -- Just days after a precision air strike rooted out al Qaeda in Iraq operatives in the Arab Jabour area, south of Baghdad, combat engineers arrived to build Multinational Division Center's newest combat outpost.
- IRAQ: Parliament allocates more money for IDPs IRIN 24 Jan 2008 -- Another tranche of 350 million Iraqi dinars (about US$290,000) has been allocated by the Iraqi parliament to cope with the needs of internally displaced persons (IDPs), a lawmaker said on 23 January.
- Iraqi Air Force Builds on 2007 Growth in Size, Capability AFPS 24 Jan 2008 -- "Tremendous" growth in the Iraqi air force last year in terms of capability as well as capacity is expected to continue in 2008 as Iraq builds its air force from the ground up, a senior U.S. officer assisting that effort reported today.
Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list