12 January 2008 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- MNF-W Marine dies of non-combat related cause (Anbar)
- Jan. 11 airpower summary: F-15E Strike Eagles hit enemy positions AFPN 12 Jan 2008
- Iraqi Soldiers find weapons cache in Saydiyah during Operation Phantom Phoenix MNF-I 12 Jan 2008 -- The Iraqi Army, working with Multi-National Division - Baghdad Soldiers, found a weapons cache during a combat patrol in southwest Baghdad Jan.8 as part of Operation Phantom Phoenix.
- Tips lead to destruction of booby-trapped houses during Operation Phantom Phoenix (Himbus) MNF-I 12 Jan 2008 -- Multi-National Division - North Soldiers destroyed three booby-trapped houses in Himbus Jan. 11 during Operation Raider Harvest, which is part of the countrywide Operation Phantom Phoenix.
- Operation Raider Harvest holding phase begins (Diyala) MNF-I 12 Jan 2008 -- Raider Harvest, an operation designed to clear al-Qaeda in Iraq from the northern Diyala River Valley, and keep them out, will soon switch into the holding phase as part of Operation Phantom Phoenix.
- Press Briefing by General Petraeus and Ambassador Crocker The White House 12 Jan 2008
- U.S., Iraq to Discuss Future Relations as Efforts Continue AFPS 12 Jan 2008 -- As U.S. forces continue to pursue al Qaeda terrorists across Iraq, American and Iraqi diplomats are preparing to negotiate future relations between the two nations, senior U.S. military and diplomatic officials said today.
- On Mideast Tour, Bush Hails Legislative Action in Iraq VOA 12 Jan 2008 -- Iraq's Parliament has passed a law that removes restrictions that prevented many members of Saddam Hussein's Baath Party from serving in government posts.
- Iraq 'Now a Different Place' From Year Ago, Bush Says AFPS 12 Jan 2008 -- The situation in Iraq has improved significantly over the past year, and that progress is enabling some U.S. troops to return home, President Bush today told reporters in Kuwait.
- Bush Says Hope Returning To Iraq RFE/RL 12 Jan 2008 -- President George W. Bush has said hope is returning to Iraq and the withdrawal of 20,000 U.S. troops by the middle of the year is "on track" but that no decision has been taken to bring home more troops.
- Bush Says US Troop Build-Up in Iraq Bringing 'Hope' VOA 12 Jan 2008 -- President Bush says the so-called "surge" strategy in Iraq is working. The president gave this assessment of the situation in Iraq Saturday in Kuwait
- Iraq's Parliament Passes Key Legislation Sought by US VOA 12 Jan 2008 -- Iraq's parliament has approved legislation to allow former members of Saddam Hussein's Baath Party to be reinstated to government jobs - a key benchmark sought by the United States for measuring progress toward national reconciliation.
- Iraq Displaced Facing Humanitarian Crisis VOA 12 Jan 2008 -- The International Organization for Migration says Iraq is still facing a humanitarian crisis despite decreasing levels of violence, a drop in the number of people fleeing their homes and a limited number of people returning
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|