19 December 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- Press Conference: Maj. Gen. Bergner, Maj. Gen. Mark Hertling, Dec. 19, 2007 MNF-I 19 Dec 2007
- Dec. 18 airpower summary: Guided bomb units hit on target AFPN 19 Dec 2007
- 'Gunfighters' Keep Apache Helicopters Flying in Iraq AFPS 19 Dec 2008 -- In today's world of technologically advanced aviation, Army pilots alone cannot keep AH-64D Apache Longbow helicopters operational without ground crews.
- Al Qaeda Feels Pressure From Operations, Citizens AFPS 19 Dec 2008 -- While al Qaeda in Iraq continues to be the main threat there, military officials are reporting that recent targeted operations by coalition and Iraqi forces, along with attitude shifts by local citizens against the group, are taking a toll on insurgent efforts.
- Estonia's parliament backs military presence in Iraq until 2009 RIA Novosti 19 Dec 2007 -- Estonia's parliament voted 53-29 in favor of extending the country's military deployment in Iraq until the end of 2008, the parliamentary press service reported on Wednesday.
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Press Secretary Geoff Morrell from the Pentagon 19 Dec 2007 -- Presenter: Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell
- Progress Continues in Ramadi, Mullen Notes During Visit AFPS 19 Dec 2007 -- Driving through downtown Ramadi today is a strange experience for anyone who saw the city in 2006.
- Iraq Report Cites Security Progress, Need for Other Efforts to Keep Pace AFPS 19 Dec 2007 -- The latest quarterly report on the situation in Iraq notes significant improvement across nearly every major category measured, with big security and economic progress and momentum in reconciliation at the local and provincial levels.
- Extremists in Iraq 'Getting Desperate,' Army Colonel Says AFPS 19 Dec 2007 -- Extremists are intimidating Iraqi citizens less and less, thanks to security improvements in the country, a unit commander there said yesterday.
- Odierno Calls for 'Full, Complete' Partnership With Iraqis AFPS 19 Dec 2007 -- There must be a "full and complete" partnership between coalition and Iraqi security forces for success in the country, the coalition's day-to-day commander of ground operations in Iraq said here today.
- Analysis: Turkey's Iraq Surge cfr.org 19 Dec 2007 -- After weeks of air strikes and artillery attacks, Turkey has made good on threats to send ground troops into northern Iraq
- Turkish troops kill 35 Kurdish rebels in N. Iraq RIA Novosti 19 Dec 2007 -- The Turkish Army has conducted a major operation in northern Iraq, killing at least 35 Kurdish militants and wounding 20, national media reported on Wednesday.
- Turkey Gave 'Ample Notification' of PKK Strikes, Pentagon Spokesman Says AFPS 19 Dec 2007 -- The Turkish government provided "ample notification" of plans to conduct air strikes against Kurdish rebel positions in northern Iraq over the weekend, Pentagon Press Secretary Geoff Morrell told reporters today.
- Putin calls on U.S. to set date for troop withdrawal from Iraq RIA Novosti 19 Dec 2007 -- Russia's president has called on the United States to set an exact date for pulling out U.S. troops from Iraq.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|