03 December 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 03 Dec 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Col. Ferrell at the Pentagon Briefing Room, Arlington, Va. 03 Dec 2007 -- Presenter: U.S. Army Commander, 2nd Brigade, 3rd Infantry Division Col. Terry Ferrell
- Dec. 2 airpower summary: F-16s support ground troops AFPN 03 Dec 2007
- Leaflets urge Iraqis to help capture insurgents AFPN 03 Dec 2007 -- More than one million leaflets were pushed out of a 40th Expeditionary Airlift Squadron C-130 Hercules over ten designated drop zones urging local citizens to provide information on three top leaders of an armed insurgent militia in Iraq.
- Coalition Forces Disrupt Terrorist Operations, Detain Seven AFPS 03 Dec 2007 -- Coalition forces detained seven suspects during operations today to disrupt al Qaeda operations in Tarmiyah, Iraq.
- Brigade Has Lifted 'Blanket of Fear' in Southern Baghdad AFPS 03 Dec 2007 -- Less than six months after arriving in Baghdad for its third tour of duty, the 2nd Brigade Combat Team of the 3rd Infantry Division has "lifted the blanket of fear" that al Qaeda imposed on the Sunni communities under its protection, the brigade's commander said today.
- DoD Announces Force Adjustments 03 Dec 2007 -- The Department of Defense announced today the alert of replacement forces scheduled to deploy in support of Operation Iraqi Freedom
- Five Guard Brigades Alerted for 2009 Deployments AFPS 03 Dec 2007 -- Defense officials announced today the deployment of five National Guard brigade combat teams to begin in summer 2009.
- Bush, Senate Democrats Resume Sparring on Iraq War Funding VOA 03 Dec 2007 -- The U.S. Congress has returned from a two-week recess to face a busy agenda before it completes its session later this month
- Bush Asks Congress to Pass Funds for Troops AFPS 03 Dec 2007 -- Congress needs to act soon to approve emergency funding for troops in the war on terror, President Bush said here today.
- Iraqi Shi'ite Leader Upbeat on Future VOA 03 Dec 2007 -- A senior Iraqi Shi'ite leader says his country is taking important steps toward a brighter future in matters of security, national reconciliation, governance, and the economy
- Iraqi Sunni Politician Denounces Proposed Anti-Baathist Laws VOA 03 Dec 2007 -- A top Sunni Arab politician in Iraq has denounced laws barring former Baath party supporters of ousted President Saddam Hussein from government jobs, saying the laws amount to "racism."
- IRAQ: More aid needed for the displaced in Anbar Province IRIN 03 Dec 2007 -- Displaced families in Anbar Province, west of Baghdad, lack essential supplies, including tents, food parcels and medical care, local non-governmental organisations (NGOs) say.
- Mass Grave Found in Central Iraq VOA 03 Dec 2007 -- Iraqi officials say they have found a mass grave containing at least 12 bodies in a region of central Iraq once controlled by al-Qaida.
- Analysis: Peace, Without Politics cfr.org 03 Dec 2007 -- U.S. fears of a return to violence in Iraq after the September slaying of the Pentagon's most prominent Sunni Arab ally, Sheikh Abdul-Sattar Abu Risha, have gone unrealized. Weekly attacks (PDF) against coalition forces dropped 55 percent between June and November, military officials say.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|