27 November 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 27 Nov 2007 [PDF]
- Multi-National Division - North Soldiers attacked (Salah ad Din)
- Press Conference: Rear Adm. Smith, Brig. Gen. Dorko, Nov. 27, 2007 MNF-I 27 Nov 2007 -- Rear Adm. Gregory Smith, director, Multi-National Force-Iraq Communications Division, and Brig. Gen. Jeffrey Dorko, commander of the Gulf Region Division (GRD), U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- Troops Kill Four, Seize Large Weapons Cache in Iraq AFPS 27 Nov 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces killed four suspected terrorists yesterday in an operation that also claimed the life of a child. Meanwhile, combined forces uncovered a significant weapons cache, military officials said.
- Coalition, Iraqi Troops Continue to Pressure al Qaeda AFPS 27 Nov 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi operations are keeping up the pressure on al Qaeda insurgents in Iraq, a senior U.S. military official told reporters in Baghdad today.
- Downrange Air Force convoy support center opens AFPN 27 Nov 2007 -- The cutting of a chain linking two tractor trailers marked the opening of the 586th Expeditionary Logistics Readiness Squadron's new convoy support center Nov. 24 in Southwest Asia.
- US Troops Kill as Many as 7 Civilians in Shootings in Iraq VOA 27 Nov 2007 -- Iraqi officials say American troops in Baghdad have killed as many as seven Iraqi civilians, including a child, in two separate shootings.
- Gates Asks Congress Not to Derail Iraq Progress AFPS 27 Nov 2007 -- Important progress the military is making in the war on terror would be derailed if Congress doesn't pass a supplemental war spending bill "in short order," Defense Secretary Robert M. Gates told the Killeen, Texas, Chamber of Commerce yesterday.
- Bush Meets With Senior Iraqi Shi'ite Politician VOA 27 Nov 2007 -- President Bush and senior Iraqi Shi'ite politician Abdel Aziz al-Hakim of the Supreme Iraqi Islamic Council met privately in Washington on Tuesday.
- Iraqi Political, Economic Factors Improve, Troop Drawdown Begins Washington File 27 Nov 2007 -- Security conditions have improved enough in Iraq that the United States November 27 began the drawdown of U.S. combat troops from Diyala province.
- Iraq Infrastructure Needs Maintenance, Operations Procedures AFPS 27 Nov 2007 -- Establishing proper maintenance procedures and operations processes is as important as providing power plants, hospitals and other infrastructure in Iraq, a senior U.S. military engineer said today.
- Iraqi Targeting Success Now Equals Coalition Efforts AFPS 27 Nov 2007 -- Iraqi forces can now gather intelligence and go after targets as successfully as U.S. units there, a senior intelligence advisor in the region said today.
- Recruiting Drives Paying off for Iraqi Police, Auxiliary Forces Army News 27 Nov 2007 -- As violence against the coalition and Iraqi Security Forces dropped significantly, recruitment drives throughout Baghdad in November had residents lining up to join Iraqi Police forces.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|