13 November 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 13 Nov 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Nov. 12 airpower summary: KC-135s help fuel 233 aircraft AFPN 13 Nov 2007
- Coalition Troops Kill Terrorist, Detain 14 in Iraq AFPS 13 Nov 2007 -- Coalition forces killed one insurgent and detained 14 others today during a series of operations across central and northern Iraq, military officials said.
- US, Iraqi Forces Kill 15 al-Qaida Gunmen South of Baghdad VOA 13 Nov 2007 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says American and Iraqi forces have killed 15 suspected al-Qaida militants in a daylong battle south of Baghdad.
- Bush Urges Congressional Action On War Funds VOA 13 Nov 2007 -- President Bush is pushing the U.S. Congress to give him the extra money he says is needed for military operations in Iraq and Afghanistan
- US Congress, Bush in New Iraq Spending Fight VOA 13 Nov 2007 -- Democrats and President Bush are headed for another confrontation over Iraq war policy
- Hidden costs raise US war price, Washington Post says IRNA 13 Nov 2007 -- The US wars in Iraq and Afghanistan are costing nearly double the amount previously thought, the Washington Post said on Tuesday.
- Progress in Northern, Western Baghdad 'Remarkable,' Commander Says AFPS 13 Nov 2007 -- The transformation of the northern and western outskirts of Baghdad "has been nothing short of remarkable," the commander of 1st Cavalry Division's 1st Brigade Combat Team operating there said today.
- Iraq: Smuggling, Mismanagement Plaguing Oil Industry RFE/RL 13 Nov 2007 -- Even as Iraq's Kurds sign production-sharing contracts with foreign firms, oil production south of the Kurdistan region appears handicapped by a lack of government control and continued smuggling.
- Iraq: Official Says Parliament Improving, But Parties Up Progress RFE/RL 13 Nov 2007 -- The deputy speaker of the Iraqi parliament, Khalid al-Attiyah, says he expects the Council of Representatives to vote on key legislation, including the draft oil law, in the near future
- Mottaki: US should urgently release Iranian diplomats IRNA 13 Nov 2007 -- Foreign Minister Manouchehr Mottaki said on Tuesday that the US should urgently release Iranian diplomats kidnapped in Erbil of Iraq.
- Ahmadinejad urges occupiers to leave Iraq soon IRNA 13 Nov 2007 -- President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad here on Tuesday urged the occupying forces to leave the Iraqi territories as soon as possible.
- Key al-Sadr Ally Calls for New Parliamentary Elections in Iraq VOA 13 Nov 2007 -- A key ally of radical Iraqi Shi'ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr has called for Iraq's parliament to be dissolved and new legislative elections held.
- Four Turkish soldiers reported killed in clashes with Kurds RIA Novosti 13 Nov 2007 -- Four Turkish servicemen, including an officer, died and at least nine soldiers were wounded in clashes with Kurdish separatists in southeast Turkey, local media reported on Tuesday.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|