02 November 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- DoD Identifies Army Casualties
- DoD Identifies Air Force Casualties
- Airmen killed during combat operations (Balad)
- Nov. 1 airpower summary: Airmen engineer success AFPN 02 Nov 2007
- Troops Kill 10, Capture Three, Destroy Weapons in Iraq AFPS 02 Nov 2007 -- Coalition and Iraqi forces killed 10 insurgents, captured three others and destroyed weapons in Iraq over the past two days, military officials said.
- NAVELSG Deployment Group GOLF departs for the Middle East Navy NewsStand 02 Nov 2007 -- More than 240 Sailors from the Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group (NAVELSG) left on a flight from Naval Air Station Norfolk on Nov. 2 for a six-month deployment in the North Arabian Gulf.
- Bush Says Iraq War Will be Won VOA 02 Nov 2007 -- President Bush rallied U.S. troops in the southern state of South Carolina Friday
- U.S. Troops Helping Iraqis Reclaim Country, Bush Tells Soldiers AFPS 02 Nov 2007 -- While parts of Iraq remain violent and difficult, the Iraqi people are taking back their country with the help of U.S. troops, President Bush said during a speech on Fort Jackson, S.C., today.
- Provincial Reconstruction Teams Reconnecting Government in Iraq Washignton File 02 Nov 2007 -- Provincial reconstruction teams (PRTs) are helping communities in one of Iraq's most troubled regions to "reconnect government," says U.S. diplomat and Anbar province team leader James Soriano.
- Ban Ki-moon arrives in Turkey for talks on Iraq UN News Centre 02 Nov 2007 -- United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon arrived today in Istanbul where he met with Turkish leaders ahead of a planned conference on Iraq bringing together the country's neighbours and other interested States.
- Iraqi Government Assumes Control of Country's 7th Division AFPS 02 Nov 2007 -- The Iraqi government has assumed command of a major unit from the country's army, a sign of continued improvement in Iraq's armed forces, U.S. officials said.
- Iraq: Al-Anbar Initiative Makes Progress, But Baghdad Remains Wary RFE/RL 02 Nov 2007 -- A high-level delegation of leaders from Iraq's Sunni-dominated Al-Anbar Governorate recently arrived in Washington for two weeks of meetings with high-ranking officials
- Turkey PM plays down war fears RIA Novosti 02 Nov 2007 -- The Turkish prime minister said Friday Ankara might not go ahead with a cross-border operation against Kurdish rebels in northern Iraq after all.
- Iran Tips Hand Ahead Of Istanbul Conference On Iraq RFE/RL 02 Nov 2007 -- Iranian officials have hinted that they will arrive at a conference of Iraqi and neighboring foreign ministers with a proposal that they say could help resolve Iraq's "political, security, and economic problems."
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|