18 October 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 18 Oct 2007 [PDF]
- Task Force Lightning Soldiers attacked
- Oct. 17 airpower summary: B-1B targets multiple enemies AFPN 18 Oct 2007 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Oct. 17, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition Forces Capture 15 Insurgents in Iraq Operations AFPS 18 Oct 2007 -- Coalition forces detained 15 suspected terrorists today during a series of operations targeting al Qaeda networks throughout Iraq.
- Operation Greywolf Hammer II clears al-Suk, Muqdadiya MNF-I 18 Oct 2007 -- In an effort to rid al-Qaeda from their perceived safe havens, Iraqi Security Forces, with support from Coalition Forces assigned to 3rd Brigade Combat Team, 1st Cavalry Division, conducted Operation Market Fury in support of Operation Greywolf Hammer II, focusing on Muqdadiyah's Al Suk market area.
- Customs Battalion Sierra Returns Home Navy NewsStand 18 Oct 2007 -- More than 450 Sailors with Navy Customs Battalion Sierra, mobilized by Navy Expeditionary Logistics Support Group (NAVELSG), returned home to Naval Station Norfolk Oct. 16.
- Transcript: Defense Department Background Briefing on Mine Resistant Ambush Protected Vehicles (MRAPS) 18 Oct 2007 -- Presenter: A Senior Defense Official
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Secretary Gates and Adm. Mullen from the Pentagon, Arlington, Va. 18 Oct 2007 -- Presenter: Secretary of Defense Robert M. Gates and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Adm. Michael Mullen
- US Could Take Action Against PKK with Proper Information, says Defense Chief VOA 18 Oct 2007 -- U.S. Defense Secretary Robert Gates says the United States might be willing to take action against Kurdish insurgents who attack Turkey from northern Iraq if it had good information about their location
- Press Gaggle by Dana Perino and Dr. Ali Al-Dabbagh, Spokesman for the Government of Iraq The White House 18 Oct 2007
- Iraq Says Turkish Incursion Would Destabilize Region VOA 18 Oct 2007 -- Iraq's Foreign Minister Hoshyar Zebari says a Turkish military incursion against Kurdish rebels in northern Iraq would have serious repercussions for the entire region.
- IRAQ: Turkish offensive would lead to humanitarian crisis, ICRC warns IRIN 18 Oct 2007 -- A humanitarian crisis will accompany any large-scale Turkish military operations aimed at pursuing Turkish-Kurdish rebels in northern Iraq, the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) warned on 17 October.
- Turkish troops ready for Kurdish operation on Iraqi border RIA Novosti 18 Oct 2007 -- Some 40,000 strong Turkish troops comprising helicopter, artillery and special forces units are ready to launch a full-scale operation against Kurdish militants on the Iraqi border, Turkish media reported.
- Private Security Guards Involved in Another Iraq Shooting VOA 18 Oct 2007 -- Guards from a foreign private security company have been involved in another shooting in Iraq.
- Thousands of Iraqi Kurds Rally Against Threat of Turkish Incursion VOA 18 Oct 2007 -- Thousands of Kurds have rallied in northern Iraq to protest a Turkish parliament decision authorizing military incursions against Kurdish rebels in Iraq.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|