09 October 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 09 Oct 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- DoD Identifies Marine Casualty
- Oct. 8 airpower summary: F-16s stay close overhead AFPN 09 Oct 2007 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Oct. 8, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- Coalition Troops Kill Seven, Detain 21 Terrorists AFPS 09 Oct 2007 -- Coalition forces in Iraq killed seven terrorists and detained 21 others today during a series of anti-al Qaeda in Iraq operations in the central and northern parts of the country.
- Local Iraqi Leaders Set Recovery Pace AFPS 09 Oct 2007 -- Security improvements in Fallujah, Iraq, are allowing coalition forces and Iraqis to reinforce success, the city's provincial reconstruction team leader said today.
- DoD Announces Force Adjustments 09 Oct 2007 -- The Department of Defense announced today that 4th Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, based in Fort Hood, Texas, will deploy in the summer of 2008 to support Operation Iraqi Freedom.
- Army Unit from Fort Hood Announced for Iraq Rotation in Summer 2008 Army News Release 09 Oct 2007 -- The Army confirmed the Department of Defense announcement Oct. 9 sending Soldiers from the 4th Brigade, 4th Infantry Division at Fort Hood, Texas, to Iraq as part of a normal rotation of forces.
- Fort Hood Brigade Notified for Iraq Deployment AFPS 09 Oct 2007 -- Defense Department officials announced today that 4th Brigade, 4th Infantry Division, will deploy to Iraq in summer 2008.
- US Urges Turkish-Iraqi Cooperation on PKK VOA 09 Oct 2007 -- The United States is appealing to Turkey and Iraq to work together against terrorism following recent attacks in Turkey attributed to the Iraq-based Kurdish extremist group, the PKK
- British Drawdown Thoroughly Discussed with U.S. Commanders in Iraq AFPS 09 Oct 2007 -- The British government's decision to cut its forces in Iraq by half in the coming months has been thoroughly discussed with Multinational Force Iraq commanders and U.S. officials, Pentagon spokesman Bryan Whitman said here today.
- Brown urged to launch diplomatic offensive for Iraq reconciliation IRNA 09 Oct 2007 -- Britain's all-party Iraq Commission has welcomed Prime Minister Gordon Brown's statement on the UK's future role in the Iraq debacle, but said that it did not go far enough.
- MIDDLE EAST: Jordan, Syria adopt differing approaches to cholera threat IRIN 09 Oct 2007 -- As cholera awareness posters have been going up in Baghdad, countries bordering Iraq have also taken measures to prevent an outbreak of the disease.
- Iraq Demands $136 Million for Families in Blackwater Shooting VOA 09 Oct 2007 -- Iraq's government is asking American security firm Blackwater USA to pay $136 million to the families of Iraqis killed in a recent shooting.
- Contractor Shooting in Baghdad Takes Two Lives VOA 09 Oct 2007 -- Iraqi officials say there has been another shooting involving private security guards in Baghdad, this time killing two people
- Bombs Kill 19 People in Northern Iraq, 5 in Baghdad VOA 09 Oct 2007 -- Iraqi police say two suicide car bombs have exploded in a northern Iraqi town, killing at least 19 people and wounding about 30 others.
- IRAQ: Shortage of safe water in Missan Province poses heath risk IRIN 09 Oct 2007 -- A shortage of chemicals for water purification is adversely affecting water quality in Missan Province, a predominantly Shia region some 380km south of Baghdad, and posing a health risk as people resort to drawing water from the polluted River Tigris, according to aid agencies.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|