05 October 2007 - Iraq Special Weapons News
- OIF/OEF Casualty Update 05 Oct 2007 [PDF]
- DoD Identifies Navy Casualty
- DoD Identifies Army Casualty
- Transcript: DoD News Briefing with Col. Kershaw from the Pentagon, Arlington, Va. 05 Oct 2007 -- Presenter: Commander, 2nd Brigade 10th Mountain Division , Multinational Division Center Col. Michael Kershaw
- Oct. 4 airpower summary: F-16s deter enemy activity AFPN 05 Oct 2007 -- Coalition airpower integrated with coalition ground forces in Iraq and International Security Assistance Force troops in Afghanistan during operations Oct. 4, according to Combined Air and Space Operations Center officials here.
- US Military: Coalition Airstrike Kills 25 Militants near Baquba VOA 05 Oct 2007 -- The U.S. military in Iraq says about 25 militants were killed and two houses destroyed in a U.S. air strike near Baquba, north of Baghdad Friday.
- Troops Kill 37 Insurgents, Nab Four, Seize Weapons in Iraq AFPS 05 Oct 2007 -- Iraqi and coalition forces killed 37 enemy fighters, detained four suspects and seized weapons caches in Iraq over the past three days, military officials said.
- US Orders New Oversight of Private Security Firms in Iraq VOA 05 Oct 2007 -- Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice Friday ordered tighter oversight of private security firms working for the State Department in Iraq in the aftermath of the lethal shooting incident last month in Baghdad involving the contractor Blackwater USA
- Report: US Military Finds Blackwater at Fault in Baghdad Shooting VOA 05 Oct 2007 -- A published report says the U.S. military has determined guards working for a private U.S. security firm in Iraq took excessive action in last month's deadly shooting in Baghdad.
- Iraqis Provide Crucial Help in Terrorist Fight AFPS 05 Oct 2007 -- Iraqi citizens increasingly are providing crucial information to rout out terrorists in southern Baghdad, a military commander said today.
- Citizens Groups Help Pacify Former 'Triangle of Death' AFPS 05 Oct 2007 -- Tired of al Qaeda-committed brutal acts, armed groups of Euphrates River Valley residents are working with Iraqi army and coalition forces to pacify an area once known as the "triangle of death," a senior U.S. military officer said today.
- Disbanding Militias 'Key To Cutting Iran's Influence In Iraq' RFE/RL 05 Oct 2007 -- Iraq's parliament speaker says disbanding Shi'ite militias will be key in reducing Iranian influence in the country.
- Iraq: Parliament Speaker Says Progress Being Made RFE/RL 05 Oct 2007 -- Iraqi parliament speaker Mahmud al-Mashhadani visited RFE/RL headquarters in Prague on October 5 and spoke with RFE/RL Iraq analyst Kathleen Ridolfo about regional interference in Iraq, the insurgency, and the possibilities for national reconciliation.
- Iraqi air force flying training school opens at Kikuk AFPN 05 Oct 2007 -- The Iraqi air force flying training school opened its doors Oct. 1 and began to train Iraqi aviators with the assistance of American Airmen.
|Join the GlobalSecurity.org mailing list|